E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > V4sssss



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
Cbozz
Major
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 1,138
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
V4sssss

Did it again.... like my last AW e92 with blacked out Orion V4 I couldn't wait for this one to be done!! and Here it is, I tried to keep the OEM angel eye look...











__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Posts: 3,160
iTrader: (0)

nice work and well done!
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
Game
Brigadier General
 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (15)

Sick! About to order my set of V4's tonight, thanks for the extra push, haha.


edit - Oh and congrats on the M3!
__________________
Game is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
 
DC_Oldboy's Avatar
 
Drives: like an old person.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bothell, WA

Posts: 5,159
iTrader: (39)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.09]
Sexy!
__________________
DC_Oldboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
Blindside_137
Major General
 
Blindside_137's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC // Blacksburg, VA

Posts: 5,421
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
Sick! About to order my set of V4's tonight, thanks for the extra push, haha.


edit - Oh and congrats on the M3!
Nice! Can't wait to see how they look, I might pull the trigger this summer.

Great work as always OP! They look gorgeous
__________________
M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3
OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Blindside_137 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
Andrewe92
enthusiast
 
Andrewe92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
love the clarity of the angel eyes.. I have an lci I'll even admit these are almost as bright but they def have a more defined shape nicee
Andrewe92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2014, 03:04 AM   #7
Game
Brigadier General
 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Nice! Can't wait to see how they look, I might pull the trigger this summer.

Great work as always OP! They look gorgeous
Ended up pulling the trigger tonight! Excited to get these done. Fingers crossed I don't fuck anything up.
__________________
Game is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #8
Cbozz
Major
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 1,138
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Ended up pulling the trigger tonight! Excited to get these done. Fingers crossed I don't fuck anything up.


thanks a lot for compliments from everyone!!!

one big tip -- be slow and gentle and no rush!!!! I took two days, i didn't want to mess anything up!!!

__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2014, 03:10 AM   #9
richk84
Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 320d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over

Posts: 476
iTrader: (0)

great work. ive got some v4s and its a job i need to do soon!! Did you use the plug from the angel eyes and connect them that way?
richk84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2014, 03:16 AM   #10
Game
Brigadier General
 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
thanks a lot for compliments from everyone!!!

one big tip -- be slow and gentle and no rush!!!! I took two days, i didn't want to mess anything up!!!

Thanks man, definitely will.
__________________
Game is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #11
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
 
Dylanize's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Queen City, NC

Posts: 1,547
iTrader: (4)

Holy balls mnan, you DIY'ed this? Looks really great!

How hard would you rate the DIY? I'd be so nervous about jacking my headlights up.
__________________

| Platinum Bronze Metallic | AA | VMR | ACS | DJApex Eurobox |
Dylanize is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #12
Ferg
Master of my own domain!!
 
Ferg's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 XI
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tacoma, WA

Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)

Provide DIY?
__________________
Ferg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #13
Cbozz
Major
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 1,138
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Provide DIY?
just check out my posts, I posted one two years back

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739038
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2014, 12:56 AM   #14
Game
Brigadier General
 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
just check out my posts, I posted one two years back

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739038
Is there anything you would change doing it a second time? Meaning in the steps of the DIY.

edit - Do you have an actual DIY? With the step by step process?
__________________

Last edited by Game; 04-18-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Game is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #15
Cbozz
Major
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 1,138
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Is there anything you would change doing it a second time? Meaning in the steps of the DIY.

edit - Do you have an actual DIY? With the step by step process?
I guess it's not the best DIY lol, but honestly it's easy DIY..

heat up the lights and spread open, before that unscrew a screw that's hidden under the rubber breather hose in the corner of the light and then once opening the lights unplug the LED, then just screw out all the bolts and you'll easily figure it out!! when plugging in the Orions the brown wire goes with brown wire and red with yellow from the angel eye bulb in the light housing... if you get on that project just give me a ring when you get stuck somewhere and I will help you out no problem
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #16
Game
Brigadier General
 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
I guess it's not the best DIY lol, but honestly it's easy DIY..

heat up the lights and spread open, before that unscrew a screw that's hidden under the rubber breather hose in the corner of the light and then once opening the lights unplug the LED, then just screw out all the bolts and you'll easily figure it out!! when plugging in the Orions the brown wire goes with brown wire and red with yellow from the angel eye bulb in the light housing... if you get on that project just give me a ring when you get stuck somewhere and I will help you out no problem
Thanks man! The Orions are back in stock next week, so hopefully I can get them before next weekend.
__________________
Game is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #17
Cbozz
Major
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 1,138
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Thanks man! The Orions are back in stock next week, so hopefully I can get them before next weekend.
bro, just go to here and they have 6 available!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171237451875...84.m1497.l2649
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #18
Game
Brigadier General
 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
bro, just go to here and they have 6 available!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171237451875...84.m1497.l2649
haha that's where I ordered from! There were "7" before I ordered. Umnitza emailed me saying they don't know why they're listed as in stock...but they'll have them in this upcoming week.

Pretty sure you shouldn't have an ebay listing if the product isn't available but whatever.
__________________
Game is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #19
Cbozz
Major
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 1,138
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
haha that's where I ordered from! There were "7" before I ordered. Umnitza emailed me saying they don't know why they're listed as in stock...but they'll have them in this upcoming week.

Pretty sure you shouldn't have an ebay listing if the product isn't available but whatever.
bummer!!! but keep me posted on the progress!!
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #20
Ferg
Master of my own domain!!
 
Ferg's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 XI
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tacoma, WA

Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)

Did you have to get your headlights realigned when you did this?
__________________
Ferg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2014, 04:41 PM   #21
Cbozz
Major
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 1,138
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Did you have to get your headlights realigned when you did this?
of course!
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #22
iturbo_bmw
Lieutenant
 
iturbo_bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i e92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 565
iTrader: (0)

nice! i wish i had the balls to do this loll
__________________
09 335i e92 n54 | AW w/ CR | AT w/ Alpina Flash | JB4 G5 ISO w/ e85 BMS flash| FBO w/ e60 | TCK SA Coilovers | M3 control arms|
iturbo_bmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST