E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > H&R Springs....can't be beautiful can they?

11-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E46 M3

H&R Springs....can't be beautiful can they?

http://www.bmwtuningmag.com/hr-bmw-3...s-on-the-road/
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
      11-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
AWBimmer
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI

From my knowledge and tonnes of prior research, H&R springs offer more of a drop than Eibach springs but yes, the ride quality is compromised. Eibach offers little drop at the front FYI but the ride quality is better than that of H&R springs.

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is online now   United Kingdom
      11-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General

Drives: SB Pre-LCI 335i

I love the look the H&Rs give me
I love the road holding and how flat it sits in corners now.

Yes... the ride is A LOT Stiffer
Yes... you can feel every bump on the ground

But the ride height and handling far outweigh the reduced comfort. I like feeling the road.
The london roads are terrible and it really does rock around, but when on motorways or A roads... it really shines!
      11-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
Hotcoupe
Major General

Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
The springs are far from works of art,the results they produce are arguably, the best in terms of aesthetics though

My last E92 on H&R's

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
      11-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
AWBimmer
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI

Alternative is to save and invest in some decent coil overs. I'm on BC Coilovers and I just couldn't think about springs given these are adjustable height wise and damper wise. Yes it costs a lot more upfront but you gotta pay to play. With these coil overs costing about 650, they are superb and built to last! It wild cost you that much if not more to get a decent set of springs and shocks but then you can't adjust the dam thing ... All depends on your requirements really :-)

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is online now   United Kingdom
      11-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
skelts
Lieutenant

Drives: E63 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Alternative is to save and invest in some decent coil overs. I'm on BC Coilovers and I just couldn't think about springs given these are adjustable height wise and damper wise. Yes it costs a lot more upfront but you gotta pay to play. With these coil overs costing about 650, they are superb and built to last! It wild cost you that much if not more to get a decent set of springs and shocks but then you can't adjust the dam thing ... All depends on your requirements really :-)

Loves BC coilovers You sure your not on commission These give a great stance. Im running on Eibachs and i got to be honest the drop is miles better than i though especially on the front, the rear sits a little high though. From what ive read i would only use eibach on the heavier 335 as it gives you the drop otherwise on the lighter engines the drop is minimal if anything.
      11-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Yoro35i
TROll

Drives: E92 335I M

I have Eibach Pro on the 335i , Not sure if its the 25mm drop on the front, but i can't bear with driving it anymore...hits anything that is slighty raised, bumps are a nightmare, uneven road takes the piss and going up and down car park is like drivign a F1 car on them..u scrape at each level if you go faster than 5mph...

But handling is vastly improved..love every corner on them

Can't even imagine what the HR would be like when it drops 35mm...
MY08 E92 335i M Sport|Wrap by Surrey Project |ETS Intercooler|VSRF Dp's|BMS OCC|BMC filter|CoBB AP|EBC Yellow & Coolcarbons rear|Alpina AT Map|Michelin PSS |CF grills,CF mirror,CF Performace spoiler|LCI light|CIC controller retrofit|2014 Mods: Birds B3 Suspension kit,Project Mu pads,Afe Filter and PTF Protune & Pilot sports cups. Gone:Forged FMIC, Eisenmann Race Quad, Eisenmann Sport Dual, Duke Dynamic Diffuser. Eibach Pro springs.
Yoro35i is offline   United Kingdom
      11-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General

Centra only not fun driving around London. Drive slow everywhere, which is good for the license and engine... Only open her up on decent roads.
      11-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
WiLD
Lieutenant

Drives: your girl WiLD

Got the H&R's and must say that although the comfort is slightly compromised I LOVE the look to make matters worse I'm dropped on 20's lol people can't even fathom driving my car but I love every second of it and get compliments all day long. Just memorize the roads and stay away from unfamiliar territory and you'll be just fine...enjoy breaking necks!

\ 07' e92 335i / BSM \ Saddle Brown / Remus \ JB4 / OSS \ LCI / M3 Rep \ 20" Vossen CV3 / H&R Sport \ QI45 /
      11-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General

Are the 20s really that bad mate? I was considering some but really unsure.

I hit some huge bumps today causing the dash to almost fall out the car, and I am on 18s!!!! can't imagine 20s! I would have probably bent the rim as there is so little tyre.