E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone else bored at work?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #1233
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post

That looks freaking amazing...I wish I could get bbq like that in my area
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #1234
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
That looks freaking amazing...I wish I could get bbq like that in my area
yes - that is legit butcher paper used as "plates" lol.

they give plastic forks and knifes with it too.

even the sausage is packed and rolled in their facility - even has the freaking strings still on them

even though we all drove almost 2 hours to get THIS bbq, there are plenty of BBQ joints around the Houston area....

if any of you clown heads ever find ya'lls way to Houston, give me a call. i'll be your giude
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #1235
135Pats
The time has come.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,566
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
if garish means "ghetto" or "bootleg", then yes, i agree 100%.

sometimes you get Challenger and Charger owners that want to toss donks and lights on them and then you have Challenger and Charger owners that want to maintain the muscle car aspect of them.....

i "mostly" hang around the group that cares for the muscle car aspect of it HAHA !!!!
I hear that, I don't mind people accentuating the defining features of their cars, ie for muscle cars the thick and abrupt angles of the car and the giant displacement under the hood. It's the various bells and whistles that IMO at least just look tacky ie angel eyes on a Chrysler 300 or 22'' wheels on a Charger. Obvi the same can be done for european and jdm cars, I guess I just notice it the most on the American Muscle for whatever reason. Speaking of American muscle, I did a friendly quick pull last night against a Z06 from 60-110….them shits is fast.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #1236
Anthony90
Prime Minister of México.
 
Anthony90's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW X6M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Monterrey, MX

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

decisions, decisions!!

I f*cking hate them!
Anthony90 is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #1237
135Pats
The time has come.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,566
iTrader: (2)

Morning yall, what a day it is in the DMV temperature wise. Wow. Def going for a drive during lunch.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #1238
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
 
Colt's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Anytime you want to setup a BMW convoy near Bmore i'm in dude chaps is legit


Slow day today, and ugly weather. Was so nice yesterday of course it has to be hideous outside today
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Colt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #1239
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,508
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Morning yall, what a day it is in the DMV temperature wise.
forgot what dmv meant
__________________
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #1240
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

turns out fisker karmas are pretty damn quick...he took me up to 120, then i passed him. I got to work googled it and it turns out their speed limiter is at 120 otherwise im sure he would have taken me all the way
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1241
135Pats
The time has come.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,566
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post


Slow day today, and ugly weather. Was so nice yesterday of course it has to be hideous outside today
It's grey out, but at least in DC the temperature is money in the bank. mid 60s when I stepped out of the house this morning, normally at 730am its more like 25 around this time of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
forgot what dmv meant
Lol I always forget that DMV means nothing to folks who don't live in the area. District/VA/MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
turns out fisker karmas are pretty damn quick...he took me up to 120, then i passed him. I got to work googled it and it turns out their speed limiter is at 120 otherwise im sure he would have taken me all the way
Those cars have cray cray amounts of torque IIRC
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance

Last edited by 135Pats; 01-30-2013 at 10:40 AM.
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1242
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
yes - that is legit butcher paper used as "plates" lol.

they give plastic forks and knifes with it too.

even the sausage is packed and rolled in their facility - even has the freaking strings still on them

even though we all drove almost 2 hours to get THIS bbq, there are plenty of BBQ joints around the Houston area....

if any of you clown heads ever find ya'lls way to Houston, give me a call. i'll be your giude
I'm planning on attending the Austin GP this year, so i might have to take you up that offer
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #1243
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
It's grey out, but at least in DC the temperature is money in the bank. mid 60s when I stepped out of the house this morning, normally at 730am its more like 25 around this time of the year.

Lol I always forget that DMV means nothing to folks who don't live in the area


Those cars have cray cray amounts of torque IIRC
WHATS DMV!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yep something like 900 torques(Jeremy Clarkson says torques, so can I)
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #1244
135Pats
The time has come.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,566
iTrader: (2)

Maryland, The District, and Virginia. I listed them in order of coolness, MD being first mind you.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #1245
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
 
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
turns out fisker karmas are pretty damn quick...he took me up to 120, then i passed him. I got to work googled it and it turns out their speed limiter is at 120 otherwise im sure he would have taken me all the way
Hell yes they are. One of my neighbors has one and let me take it for a drive once. The way that thing will push you back into the seat is pretty amazing, though with basically full torque from a stand still, that's not all that amazing.
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #1246
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecjohnston View Post
Hell yes they are. One of my neighbors has one and let me take it for a drive once. The way that thing will push you back into the seat is pretty amazing, though with basically full torque from a stand still, that's not all that amazing.
that seems like it would be a hell of a ride, max torque from launch...
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #1247
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
 
Colt's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Maryland, The District, and Virginia. I listed them in order of coolness, MD being first mind you.


Maryland is full of bangin foods

I just wanna get my work done fast so I can go home and play Hitman HD Trilogy and own nubbins on Bops 2
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Colt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #1248
135Pats
The time has come.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,566
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post


Maryland is full of bangin foods

I just wanna get my work done fast so I can go home and play Hitman HD Trilogy and own nubbins on Bops 2
When I was an undergrad a few years back I played the pants off MW2, got pretty damn good at it, kdr cleared 2.6 when I stopped playing IIRC. And I wasn't a sit in corners type of player either. Really fun game, for whatever reason I've completely stopped playing video games over the past year or so, it wasn't an active choice, it just sorda happened. PS3 hasn't even been at my house since September. I've heard mixed things on bops2, COD has been over-run by nubz/13 year olds.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #1249
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
 
Colt's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
When I was an undergrad a few years back I played the pants off MW2, got pretty damn good at it, kdr cleared 2.6 when I stopped playing IIRC. And I wasn't a sit in corners type of player either. Really fun game, for whatever reason I've completely stopped playing video games over the past year or so, it wasn't an active choice, it just sorda happened. PS3 hasn't even been at my house since September. I've heard mixed things on bops2, COD has been over-run by nubz/13 year olds.
I use to play on Gamebattles.com and play matches. My friend plays tournaments and shit and wins money for playing. I like the maps more in Bops2 than the previous games (except COD4; that game was the shit). It has become extremely repetitive (the COD series). I just piss people off now when I play lol. My brother bought it for PS3 yesterday and I got him to level 7 on the first S&D game. People weren't happy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Colt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #1250
135Pats
The time has come.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,566
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
I use to play on Gamebattles.com and play matches. My friend plays tournaments and shit and wins money for playing. I like the maps more in Bops2 than the previous games (except COD4; that game was the shit). It has become extremely repetitive (the COD series). I just piss people off now when I play lol. My brother bought it for PS3 yesterday and I got him to level 7 on the first S&D game. People weren't happy
Ya I did a decent amount of GB back in the day, I never really got into search though, I was always a groundwar dom player, but that's probably just because I was a total slayer/kill whore. I'd be lying if I said I played the objective a lot, I was in it for kill totals lol. I agree the series has become quite stale, but that's just the nature of FPS. You're quite literally doing the same thing over and over, it's bound to get old after while. For some people that doesn't happen for 20 years, for others it happens after 20 minutes.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #1251
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

I play games! PC/360/PS3, we should get an e90post game together some time.
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #1252
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,881
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
turns out fisker karmas are pretty damn quick...he took me up to 120, then i passed him. I got to work googled it and it turns out their speed limiter is at 120 otherwise im sure he would have taken me all the way
Theyre surprisingly nice to drive. Theyre a big big for my tastes tho.

I still prefer my activeE
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #1253
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,881
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Ya I did a decent amount of GB back in the day, I never really got into search though, I was always a groundwar dom player, but that's probably just because I was a total slayer/kill whore. I'd be lying if I said I played the objective a lot, I was in it for kill totals lol. I agree the series has become quite stale, but that's just the nature of FPS. You're quite literally doing the same thing over and over, it's bound to get old after while. For some people that doesn't happen for 20 years, for others it happens after 20 minutes.
Woah man. I did the game battles thing in gears of war for a while. We actually were invited to an mlg turnament in toronto once...knocked out in the first round but it was still an awesome experience.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #1254
135Pats
The time has come.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,566
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I play games! PC/360/PS3, we should get an e90post game together some time.
I need to get my PS3 it's literally been gathering dust at a friends apartment for about half a year now. But i'm down as a clown Don't have an E9x though lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Woah man. I did the game battles thing in gears of war for a while. We actually were invited to an mlg turnament in toronto once...knocked out in the first round but it was still an awesome experience.
I never did MLG, but a few people i'd pub stomp with were/are MLG players. Biggest difference is strategy, I could slay with several of them, but they're just on an entirely different level of thought when it comes to winning the objective and putting the other team in a BAD spot. In so far as i'd play the objective, it would just be "see b flag, go cap b flag". It would get pretty ridiculous in domination, on my old phone I had multiple screenshots of 200-0 victories But like I said, I was not on that level from a strategic standpoint. Not even close tbh.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST