E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > It might be a coincidence but...

12-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 435i

It might be a coincidence but...

ever since I fitted my Alpine upgrade my iDrive seems to struggle to get reception! I pretty much had 100% coverage with it before but since fitting the Alpine upgrade kit it only seems to get a signal 5% of the time and even then it isn't long lasting!

Any ideas anyone? Have I disturbed something? The leads into the silver box all seem to be connected fine :/

Advice would be appreciated because it has made the whole iDrive system very useless for me
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I have no idea what the alpine upgrade system is. But I presume you are talking about gps or FM reception. In both cases I believe that the aerials require a power lead to boost signal strength.

Have you rechecked all you wiring? Makkan, AWBimmer, Mega. Are the ppl to PM mate.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P
I have no idea what the alpine upgrade system is. But I presume you are talking about gps or FM reception. In both cases I believe that the aerials require a power lead to boost signal strength.

Have you rechecked all you wiring? Makkan, AWBimmer, Mega. Are the ppl to PM mate.
Hmm! So it could be a fuse then? Very rarely it does get signal which implies a very weak signal or lack of amplification like you say.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep

This worked fine yesterday, tends to get no signal when I am sat in traffic!? :S

Any advice please chaps?
Appreciate 0