E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Installing Catless DP's and FMIC

12-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
lfelunden
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Drives: Alpina B3S Biturbo Coupe

Garage List
Installing Catless DP's and FMIC

Just ordered Catless DP's from AR Design, a K&N drop-in filter and I just got my HPF intercooler.

Will i notice any difference? I'm driving around in a Alpina B3 Biturbo - runs 16.5 psi as stock boost level and is VERY restricted at the dps.

I will give it an ECU upgrade at spring when ordering RB turbos
      12-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden View Post
Just ordered Catless DP's from AR Design, a K&N drop-in filter and I just got my HPF intercooler.

Will i notice any difference? I'm driving around in a Alpina B3 Biturbo - runs 16.5 psi as stock boost level and is VERY restricted at the dps.

I will give it an ECU upgrade at spring when ordering RB turbos
I am unfamiliar with the Alpina software but I can almost guarantee it will trigger a CEL for cat inefficiency. So you will need a BMS DP fix.

You'll probably notice a nice increase in response and a more aggressive exhaust note/turbo spool sound. Power wise it won't be as big of a gain as a real tune designed to take advantage of the bolt-ons.
      12-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
lfelunden
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Garage List
I also ordered the DP fix!

I saw some review of a catless DP giving 28whp with no tune lol.. i think it was riss racing downpipes, i'm not sure though
      12-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
You'll see some gains with the catless DPs, but def don't expect ~25 WHP without the tune being readjusted. Not sure if Alpina will be on board, especially when you add an aftermarket turbo system (RB, Vargas, CP-E, ASR, etc etc)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
lfelunden
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
You'll see some gains with the catless DPs, but def don't expect ~25 WHP without the tune being readjusted. Not sure if Alpina will be on board, especially when you add an aftermarket turbo system (RB, Vargas, CP-E, ASR, etc etc)
I've been told by a tuner, that fmic and dps should give it around 400-410 on the flywheel, and 450-460 with a remap. With upgraded turbos it should have around 500hp