E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How long would it take me to drive to....(abroad)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #23
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,133
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Steak Frites with a small green salad and a large glass of decent Chianti.
or maybe a glass or two of famous '87 beaujolais
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #24
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
 
M3-FAST's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M5 LCi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stafford, UK

Posts: 5,790
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Now ... is there anything else we can help with, would you like to know for instance how much petrol costs, or what to have for dinner this evening?
.....or you could take the hint at all of this sarcasm and think

I am not gonna post any more daft twat questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M3-FAST is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #25
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
.....or you could take the hint at all of this sarcasm and think

I am not gonna post any more daft twat questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #26
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Follow these simple steps ...

1. Engage brain

2. Post

Failure to complete step one will result in significant amounts of pisstaking.

__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #27
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
 
M3-FAST's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M5 LCi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stafford, UK

Posts: 5,790
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Failure to complete step one will result in significant amounts of pisstaking.

M3-FAST is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 06:09 AM   #28
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
what was wrong with a simple question like how long will it take me to drive soemwhere?

if you dont know you dont have to answer
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 06:53 AM   #29
silverbmwz3
Colonel
 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I agree Carl, I think they are being mean. At least I'm nice when I take the p***.
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
silverbmwz3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 07:27 AM   #30
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
I agree Carl, I think they are being mean. At least I'm nice when I take the p***.


Carlos
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #31
NathanJT
Techie Geek
 
NathanJT's Avatar
 
Drives: 330d M Sport Manual
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Derby, UK

Posts: 681
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to NathanJT
Carl,

Wouldn't it of been better to have started with something like:

"I've tried all the usual online route planners and they suggest between x and y hours to the south of France. In the real world (considering traffic etc) how long would it take me? Anyone done it before?".

Maybe then you'd of missed out on the p!ss taking!
__________________
330d M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Black Dakota | Nav Pro | iDrive | Bluetooth | PDC | Xenons | Hot Seats | Tracker | Blacklines
NathanJT is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #32
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
it was only the couple of piss takers
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #33
silverbmwz3
Colonel
 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJT View Post
Carl,

Wouldn't it of been better to have started with something like:

"I've tried all the usual online route planners and they suggest between x and y hours to the south of France. In the real world (considering traffic etc) how long would it take me? Anyone done it before?".

Maybe then you'd of missed out on the p!ss taking!
Nathan,

It's Carlos, he's twinned with a Town called LeTakeursDePiss
And it's not just Carl that's guilty, how many people don't fully research before asking a question, he ain't the first. Online route planners are one thing but someone who's been there, done that and bought the t-shirt is another. Would be a very quiet forum if everyone went out and researched everything before asking

__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
silverbmwz3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #34
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
Nathan,

It's Carlos, he's twinned with a Town called LeTakeursDePiss
And it's not just Carl that's guilty, how many people don't fully research before asking a question, he ain't the first. Online route planners are one thing but someone who's been there, done that and bought the t-shirt is another. Would be a very quiet forum if everyone went out and researched everything before asking



good comment mate, you done this post proud

Carlos
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #35
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
what was wrong with a simple question like how long will it take me to drive soemwhere?

if you dont know you dont have to answer
Sorry Carl .. I was only joking and I really don't want to offend you.

I think you've brightened up the forum considerably.

It's just that you set yourself up for these sort of comments and I find it hard to resist.

Calling the thread 'how long will it take to drive to abroad' just reminds me of when Jade Goody asked if 'East Angular' was abroad.

You must admit it's a bit of a daft question given that you have access to maps and the ability to use them
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #36
NathanJT
Techie Geek
 
NathanJT's Avatar
 
Drives: 330d M Sport Manual
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Derby, UK

Posts: 681
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to NathanJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
and the ability to use them
Isn't that a bit presumptuous NFS?
__________________
330d M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Black Dakota | Nav Pro | iDrive | Bluetooth | PDC | Xenons | Hot Seats | Tracker | Blacklines
NathanJT is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #37
silverbmwz3
Colonel
 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Sorry Carl .. I was only joking and I really don't want to offend you.

I think you've brightened up the forum considerably.

It's just that you set yourself up for these sort of comments and I find it hard to resist.

Calling the thread 'how long will it take to drive to abroad' just reminds me of when Jade Goody asked if 'East Angular' was abroad.

You must admit it's a bit of a daft question given that you have access to maps and the ability to use them
I agree up to the last point - I've never driven to France or "to abroad" - wherever that is (I've driven while abroad) and I could look at a map but that won't give me any real indication of how long it actually takes to get there. I've never taken a car on a ferry and I don't know how long that takes or what the wait involved is. I don't know how fast the roads through France are etc. etc.

So yes Carlos could get an idea but someone who has been there and done it could give a much better picture.

I'm just amazed that Carlos has posted a serious question post, we should be applauding it !!!!!
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
silverbmwz3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #38
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
I agree up to the last point - I've never driven to France or "to abroad" - wherever that is (I've driven while abroad) and I could look at a map but that won't give me any real indication of how long it actually takes to get there. I've never taken a car on a ferry and I don't know how long that takes or what the wait involved is. I don't know how fast the roads through France are etc. etc.

So yes Carlos could get an idea but someone who has been there and done it could give a much better picture.

I'm just amazed that Carlos has posted a serious question post, we should be applauding it !!!!!
So how long does it take to drive to 'abroad'
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #39
silverbmwz3
Colonel
 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Is that north of east angular?
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
silverbmwz3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #40
Evil Diesel
Captain
 
Evil Diesel's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London

Posts: 803
iTrader: (0)

Do you think that anyone should mention that they drive on the wrong side of the road?

Then again, why spoil the surprise
Evil Diesel is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #41
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
Is that north of east angular?
East angular is in France isn't it?

Is that abroad?
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #42
NathanJT
Techie Geek
 
NathanJT's Avatar
 
Drives: 330d M Sport Manual
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Derby, UK

Posts: 681
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to NathanJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Diesel View Post
Do you think that anyone should mention that they drive on the wrong side of the road?

Then again, why spoil the surprise
SSSSSSHHHHHHH!!! He might of missed that
__________________
330d M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Black Dakota | Nav Pro | iDrive | Bluetooth | PDC | Xenons | Hot Seats | Tracker | Blacklines
NathanJT is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #43
NathanJT
Techie Geek
 
NathanJT's Avatar
 
Drives: 330d M Sport Manual
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Derby, UK

Posts: 681
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to NathanJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
East angular is in France isn't it?

Is that abroad?
Hang on, you mean when it says on the directions "a b road" it doesn't mean a single lane road?
__________________
330d M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Black Dakota | Nav Pro | iDrive | Bluetooth | PDC | Xenons | Hot Seats | Tracker | Blacklines
NathanJT is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #44
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJT View Post
Hang on, you mean when it says on the directions "a b road" it doesn't mean a single lane road?
What about the Norfolk abroads?
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST