E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Underseat subs jumpers setting



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids

Posts: 1,981
iTrader: (7)

Underseat subs jumpers setting

I have pm technic but in a bit if a rush as my car goes back together today. I have a base system running L7 mids and tweeters. Earthquake sws8 subs with jl xd400/4 amp with technics harness. From the guides i have read i wasnt to sure how to connect jumpers so i just followed beemers guide but i have a feeling i have not connected it correctly can someone advise please?

I have only 2 wires going into the connector block

mistryn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
 
taibanl's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn
I have pm technic but in a bit if a rush as my car goes back together today. I have a base system running L7 mids and tweeters. Earthquake sws8 subs with jl xd400/4 amp with technics harness. From the guides i have read i wasnt to sure how to connect jumpers so i just followed beemers guide but i have a feeling i have not connected it correctly can someone advise please?

I have only 2 wires going into the connector block

Are you sure you have a base system? Did you have to buy new trim for your door tweeters?
__________________
taibanl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids

Posts: 1,981
iTrader: (7)

Yes i bought new tweeter pods as i didnt have them

I forgot to mention the l7 mids i upgraded them as i had the crap speakers before
mistryn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
taibanl
Brigadier General
 
taibanl's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn
Yes i bought new tweeter pods as i didnt have them

I forgot to mention the l7 mids i upgraded them as i had the crap speakers before
Im not sure then. You should have 4 wires in that connector. The center two come FROM the HU (or amp) and the outer two route TO the door speakers.
__________________
taibanl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids

Posts: 1,981
iTrader: (7)

I have definatly have 2 going into the connector block i will leave them connected as the way they are for now then
mistryn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Hopeful
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW 330D E91 2010
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dorset

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

It was answered here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...71&postcount=7
Hopeful is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids

Posts: 1,981
iTrader: (7)

Thanks for that so to confirm no jumpers should be used if only 2 wires are connected just push the connector block to the side?
mistryn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,938
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Thanks for that so to confirm no jumpers should be used if only 2 wires are connected just push the connector block to the side?
Your Stereo setup is the "old" pre-03/09 configuration, where the actual parallel connection between the woofers and the front speakers is done under the door sill -not at the OEM woofers connector.

Technically, you should not have to use jumpers in the 2-wires woofer connector configuration for the reason stated above. Once the OEM woofer connector is unplugged the front speakers should continue to receive the OEM HU front outputs. So if you are having problems with the signal going to the front speakers then there is something else going on.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids

Posts: 1,981
iTrader: (7)

I will take out the jumpers tommorow and report back, mine is 2008 model and is pre lci. The problem I have at the moment all of this conencted up is that my front/rear fader and left and right does not appear to work so could be the reason becuas eI have added the jumpers?
mistryn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,938
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
I will take out the jumpers tommorow and report back, mine is 2008 model and is pre lci. The problem I have at the moment all of this conencted up is that my front/rear fader and left and right does not appear to work so could be the reason becuas eI have added the jumpers?
Your particular configuration do not need any jumpers. They are jumping nothing -they are useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
So if you are having problems with the signal going to the front speakers then there is something else going on.
Triple check your harness connections: each wire has their assignment printed on each of them.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
romanonj
Captain
 
romanonj's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 and 335is w/DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey, Ocean County

Posts: 778
iTrader: (12)

Technic,

I purchased several harnesses from you in the past, and has been very happy with quality and ease of install.. Got rid of my 330i with logic 7 just to replace it with e92 335is. The is stock stereo is very dull. Keep reading that you have jumper harness available to add an amp. Can you please share some pics? E92 is 2011 MY with production date 05/2010.. reading up on alpine kit, but don't want to go that route.. The kit is 900+ on eBay

Regards,
Roman
romanonj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,938
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Hi Roman

Take a look at this Stereo (6-speaker, no OEM amp) 4/6 harness install: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540954

And this other install for an alternate Stereo 2/4 harness install: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767449

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanonj View Post
Technic,

I purchased several harnesses from you in the past, and has been very happy with quality and ease of install.. Got rid of my 330i with logic 7 just to replace it with e92 335is. The is stock stereo is very dull. Keep reading that you have jumper harness available to add an amp. Can you please share some pics? E92 is 2011 MY with production date 05/2010.. reading up on alpine kit, but don't want to go that route.. The kit is 900+ on eBay

Regards,
Roman
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST