E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i JB4 G5 ISO needs new HPFP, where to buy for the best price?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Rob S.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

335i JB4 G5 ISO needs new HPFP, where to buy for the best price?

Just one very quick question. Tomorrow my car goes to the dealer to see why it only runs on 4-5 cylinders alot lately. Offcourse they are going to check for codes. Can i just leave it in map 5 or will that give problems if they are going to read codes with their software?

Im out of warranty btw...so i only need to know if they can check for codes without problems in any JB4 map.

Thanks.

Last edited by Rob S.; 10-02-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
21
Rep
1,134
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
Just one very quick question. Tomorrow my car goes to the dealer to see why it only runs on 4-5 cylinders alot lately. Offcourse they are going to check for codes. Can i just leave it in map 5 or will that give problems if they are going to read codes with their software?

Im out of warranty btw...so i only need to know if they can check for codes without problems in any JB4 map.

Thanks.
You cant leave it in map 5 because the obd port wont work.. You can leave it in map 0 for the dealer but its definitely recommended to just take it out when going to the dealer it only takes like 20 min
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
45
Rep
3,378
Posts

 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
just take it out dude....takes less then 10 minutes.
__________________
12.3 @ 116 JB4-DCI-E85
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
Rob S.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Why would i take it out? Im out of warranty. Just want to know it they can check for codes without out a problem if i leave it on map 5.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
zeel
Lieutenant
6
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 08 AW e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD/NOVA/DC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Set to map0.
__________________
11.76 @ 124mph (123.9) full weight/street tires/no meth.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
22
Rep
2,276
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA

iTrader: (0)

If you are OOW leave it in on Map 1 but be sure to tell them its there.
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
Cobra Coyote First Start.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
buster84
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
652
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
Why would i take it out? Im out of warranty. Just want to know it they can check for codes without out a problem if i leave it on map 5.
Even more of a reason to remove it. If you have a problem they will bill you for the removal of your device just so they can test the car and fix the problem. Dealers normally wont try and fix a car with a tune because their is always a chance that the tune is the problem. You also run the risk of paying for them to fix the problem and their result is removing the JB4 fixed the problem, billed you and sent you on the way.

Then when you come back they claim its a different problem and bill you again. Unless you have extra $$$ to waste. Since your out of warranty you can leave bolts on's like DCI, intercooler, exhaust ect... on the car, but a tune is such a big change that a dealer most likely wont trouble shoot a car with it, unless the dealer is extra greedy then they will bill you for numerous amounts of hours trying to figure out your tuner and the car.

You can switch it to map zero, but if the shop accidentally changes your map then it can screw it all up costing you more. A 20min uninstall is worth it, unless you really do have extra $$ then set it to map 0 and go in.
__________________
09 E93 335I AT | M-Sport Front bumper (replica) | M3 Side Skirts (replica) | M-Sport Rear Bumper (OEM) | Procede Rev 3 | OpenFlash With Custom Auto Flex Fuel 2.1 Flash | Vishnu Flex Sensor | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | Walbro e85 pump + Walbro GLS392 inline running Full e85 | Beyern Mesh 18x8.5 (front) 18x9x5 (rear).
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Rob S.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

The owner of my local garage is a friend of mine and he is taking it to the BMW dealer tomorrow. The car is already at his shop for maintanance (oil, filters, fluids etc).
They will just check for codes and my friend will be with them to see whats going on....nothing more nothing less. They are not going to remove the tune or something like that. If they really cant check for codes in map 0 without problems i will take it off and sent the car back again later this week.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
buster84
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
652
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
The owner of my local garage is a friend of mine and he is taking it to the BMW dealer tomorrow. The car is already at his shop for maintanance (oil, filters, fluids etc).
They will just check for codes and my friend will be with them to see whats going on....nothing more nothing less. They are not going to remove the tune or something like that. If they really cant check for codes in map 0 without problems i will take it off and sent the car back again later this week.
Well if you have a friend then thats good. He can keep an eye on everything and inform you whats going on.
__________________
09 E93 335I AT | M-Sport Front bumper (replica) | M3 Side Skirts (replica) | M-Sport Rear Bumper (OEM) | Procede Rev 3 | OpenFlash With Custom Auto Flex Fuel 2.1 Flash | Vishnu Flex Sensor | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | Walbro e85 pump + Walbro GLS392 inline running Full e85 | Beyern Mesh 18x8.5 (front) 18x9x5 (rear).
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
Rob S.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

He would definately tell them to stop working on the car if they would do more then needed just to make some money

I set the map to 0 so i hope everything will work out and i can have my car repaired asap.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #11
Rob S.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Got my car back yesterday....the BMW dealer said it was the HPFP or the crankshaft sensor (dont now if this is the right word for it). To be very sure i needed to remove my JB4 but i am 95% sure that is is my HPFP.

Where can i buy the newest/latest HPFP for the best price? In Holland the prices are ridiculous....like 500-600 dollar.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #12
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Briancanadiano's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
873
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
Got my car back yesterday....the BMW dealer said it was the HPFP or the crankshaft sensor (dont now if this is the right word for it). To be very sure i needed to remove my JB4 but i am 95% sure that is is my HPFP.

Where can i buy the newest/latest HPFP for the best price? In Holland the prices are ridiculous....like 500-600 dollar.
The HPFP warranty was extended to 180,000km, replacement should be free!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #13
dfjaws
First Lieutenant
dfjaws's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
342
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 - '02 Z3 Roady
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bloomington, IL

iTrader: (0)

As previously stated, it should be set to Map 0. If it's on any other map, they won't be able to read codes. I take my car to the dealership with my JB4 in Map 0 whenever I need something done that only they can do (some types of coding, etc) and I've never ad an issue.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #14
Rob S.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Unfortunately the HPFP warranty isnt available in Europe (if i'm not mistaken)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
Rob S.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
As previously stated, it should be set to Map 0. If it's on any other map, they won't be able to read codes. I take my car to the dealership with my JB4 in Map 0 whenever I need something done that only they can do (some types of coding, etc) and I've never ad an issue.
I did set it to map 0 before going in.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST