E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Good touchless car wash in SoCal?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

Good touchless car wash in SoCal?

Anyone know of a quality automatic touchless car wash in the L.A./Burbank area? I also need to find a good DIY car wash place. Thanks in advance.
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
sinnet112
Major
 
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,119
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
A good touchless car was is a nonexistent touchless car wash. As much as they say they are, it's unfortunate, but odds are they will still end up scratching it at some point in time. Show a little love to your car, it'll do wonders
__________________


Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
sinnet112 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
A good touchless car was is a nonexistent touchless car wash. As much as they say they are, it's unfortunate, but odds are they will still end up scratching it at some point in time. Show a little love to your car, it'll do wonders
If they don't touch the car, how is it going to get scratched? I just moved to L.A. and I never had any problems with the touchless I went to in my old city.
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
sinnet112
Major
 
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,119
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Are you talking about the car washes that say they're brushless?
__________________


Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
sinnet112 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
MB330
Major
 
MB330's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,344
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [5.00]
2013 F30 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
Anyone know of a quality automatic touchless car wash in the L.A./Burbank area? I also need to find a good DIY car wash place. Thanks in advance.
Ventura West Car Wash Inc

22517 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA 91364-1411 USA
__________________
'06 330i Monaco Blue/Gray/Walnut/ZPP/Navi/CA/AT -->ED 2006
'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
MB330 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 04:16 AM   #6
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVKI89 View Post
Ventura West Car Wash Inc

22517 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA 91364-1411 USA
Anything maybe a bit closer than Woodland Hills? That's nearly an hour and a half away in traffic. By the time I return, my car will be dirty again.

Also, just to clarify: I'm looking for an automatic touchless car wash where you put the money in, drive forward, and sit in the car while it washes it using high pressure water, soap, etc, then you drive forward while blowers dry your car on either side.

I refuse to go to any other car wash because I'm not going to let some illegals that make minimum wage sit in my car, let alone drive it. Only drive through car washes for me.
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 04:32 AM   #7
wj4
Major General
 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

Posts: 7,723
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Also, just to clarify: I'm looking for an automatic touchless car wash where you put the money in, drive forward, and sit in the car while it washes it using high pressure water, soap, etc, then you drive forward while blowers dry your car on either side.

I refuse to go to any other car wash because I'm not going to let some illegals that make minimum wage sit in my car, let alone drive it. Only drive through car washes for me.
Wow, quite harsh statement there.

If you are looking at drive through car washes, a lot of Shell gas station has the drive through wash. I know the one in North Hollywood by the Thai Temple has one.
wj4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #8
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Wow, quite harsh statement there.

If you are looking at drive through car washes, a lot of Shell gas station has the drive through wash. I know the one in North Hollywood by the Thai Temple has one.
Nothing harsh about it really. I want my car kept in the best possible quality and that's just the way it is. Most car washes don't care about your car, all they car about it getting it dry with the $0.99 rags they throw on the ground after every use. At some car washes I've even seen some of them hop on on the trunk in order to clean the roof.
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #9
E90330iS
Major General
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arcadia, California

Posts: 6,324
iTrader: (56)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to E90330iS Send a message via MSN to E90330iS Send a message via Skype™ to E90330iS
Yeah, most car wash that says touchless means brushful.
__________________
1. E90 325i/328i/330i Eisenmann Race Exhaust 2 x 76mm (Used for 30000 miles) $680 OBO
2. E90 M3 Jet Black Front Bumper $120 OBO
3. E90 M3 Style CF Trunk Spoiler $80 OBO
E90330iS is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #10
LENELSA
Private First Class
 
LENELSA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

There's that Senora Car Wash on Victory & Senora near the entrance by the 134 FWY.
However, since my 335i I do it all myself.
LENELSA is offline   Tahiti
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #11
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

I really need some suggestions guys! Doesn't anybody know of a drive-through car wash around Socal?
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #12
icewatersoda
Private First Class
 
Drives: Black on Black E90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sun Daygo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 158
iTrader: (3)

there is one in poway at mobil of the 15. Its a high pressure washer - nothing touches your car except water. After Going through there, i bring my own micro fiber towel and dry it off. it works real good.
__________________
2006 325i Jet Black (5-21-06)

icewatersoda is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewatersoda View Post
there is one in poway at mobil of the 15. Its a high pressure washer - nothing touches your car except water. After Going through there, i bring my own micro fiber towel and dry it off. it works real good.
What is poway at mobile of the 15? Please decode.
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2007, 01:33 AM   #14
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

Geez. Is there really no touchless car washes in one of the biggest cities in the world (Los Angeles)?
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #15
icewatersoda
Private First Class
 
Drives: Black on Black E90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sun Daygo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 158
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
What is poway at mobile of the 15? Please decode.
hahah sorry my bad.

city of poway in san diego
mobil gas station
15 freeway, - 15 north, poway road exit make a left mobil on the right.


in LA the only one i know of is in El Monte.

I think its a mobil gas station too.

i believe its on valley and peck .. but i cant be 100% sure.
__________________
2006 325i Jet Black (5-21-06)

icewatersoda is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2007, 07:12 PM   #16
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 61,106
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Try some car wash machines at Chevron.
I remember there's always one at Pasadena (Colorado & Allen), one at West Covina (next to I-10 west bound). These machines are absolutely touchless (the only brush is the round thing brush ur wheels).

There's a new one in Monrovia (Huntington & Mountain, next to I-210 West), new machine that's 100% touchless. So far these are the ones I go to.

By the way, I've found many Shell car wash machines claimed to be "touchless", but there's a FRIGGIN barrel spinning to "grind" the paint out of my car. When are they going to install the nicer-REAL "touchless" car wash.
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #17
mJ335
Amateur Post Whore
 
mJ335's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 SparkLiN G. 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SocaL

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Damn it so I guess there aren't any touchless car washes in Orange County after all..
__________________
Go WiTh ThE FLoW.

|BL|RS|PIAA|CFE|CFMC|SSM|CFG|CFDP|ABG|M6|AFE|MTECH |RPI|JB+|CSLT|KWSC|
mJ335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #18
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
 
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 26,764
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41564
PaulBailey@ltbmw is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #19
nlakind
Colonel
 
nlakind's Avatar
 
Drives: 300 SRT8 | E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA

Posts: 2,861
iTrader: (24)

Send a message via AIM to nlakind
Melrose Handwash on Merose & Spaulding is the best car wash in LA County...no machines, all hand wash...it costs something stupid like $9.99 & it's brilliant, it's the only place I get mine washed!
nlakind is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,872
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Try some car wash machines at Chevron.
I remember there's always one at Pasadena (Colorado & Allen), one at West Covina (next to I-10 west bound). These machines are absolutely touchless (the only brush is the round thing brush ur wheels).

There's a new one in Monrovia (Huntington & Mountain, next to I-210 West), new machine that's 100% touchless. So far these are the ones I go to.

By the way, I've found many Shell car wash machines claimed to be "touchless", but there's a FRIGGIN barrel spinning to "grind" the paint out of my car. When are they going to install the nicer-REAL "touchless" car wash.
The only reason they are saying it is touchless at the shell stations is because no retards are actually touching you car.lol It amazes me how lazy people are that spend tons of money on really nice cars then take them to be destroyed by idiots with dirty rags and sponges or with those rotating wheels of paint death. Most people think all of those swirl marks and scratches are normal and as long as it is clean it must be fine.

A guy up the street from me has an black SLR and I have seen his wife taking it to the hand wash near me and those guys were actually going at it with a rotary and wool pads.lol Needless to say it looks like hell in direct sun light but they most likely think it looks great when they look at it in the garage because it has some gloss to it. So 500k car and they are too cheap to pay to have it washed and polished properly. They do not deserve the car.
HPFREAK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #21
m1ka
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 293
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlakind View Post
Melrose Handwash on Merose & Spaulding is the best car wash in LA County...no machines, all hand wash...it costs something stupid like $9.99 & it's brilliant, it's the only place I get mine washed!
+1 ..... I love this place. They do a great job and do not damage your car like most places. For $22.95, they hand wash, hand dry, interior vacuum, wash interior sides of windows, AND SHAMPOO the floor mats!!!

Take your car here. They can finish in 45 mins plus your right on Melrose so there are plenty of things to do within walking distance while waiting.
m1ka is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
hypnotik126
Private
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Chevron on Fallbrook and Vanowen in West Hills has a touchless carwash system. You park your car inside the bay and the high pressure jets will go around your car and rinse, wash, and dry for about $10. Not bad for a quickie.
hypnotik126 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST