E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Dinan Springs

08-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
dleccord
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

Dinan Springs

What are the spring rates on these for our E90's? How much stiffer are they compared to the M-Sports springs and does anyone have any experience with these? Please share!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
LYEGUY
Private
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver E92 335

What are the spring rates on these for our E90's? How much stiffer are they compared to the M-Sports springs and does anyone have any experience with these? Please share!

Dinan doesn't publish spring rates for their springs so it would be hard to get a definitive number there but what i can say about them is that they are most definitely stiffer than the M-Sport springs, not in a bad way though. They significantly reduce body roll while not making the ride to harsh.

In my opinion however the best springs you can get for our cars are the Swift sport springs, i have them on my car and there is simply no equal
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
dleccord
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYEGUY View Post

Dinan doesn't publish spring rates for their springs so it would be hard to get a definitive number there but what i can say about them is that they are most definitely stiffer than the M-Sport springs, not in a bad way though. They significantly reduce body roll while not making the ride to harsh.

In my opinion however the best springs you can get for our cars are the Swift sport springs, i have them on my car and there is simply no equal
But they lower the car much more than Dinan. Personal preference at this point but roads are bad over here and I scrape in certain parking lots even on M Sport suspension

Thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
LYEGUY
Private
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleccord View Post
But they lower the car much more than Dinan. Personal preference at this point but roads are bad over here and I scrape in certain parking lots even on M Sport suspension

Thanks for the reply!
They lower the car slightly more than the Dinan but in my opinion (which doesnt carry a whole lot of weight) the performance benefits the Swifts bring is worth it. Here is a forum members car on swifts:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899127

His car looks a little bit lower than mine but as you can see it isn't crazy low. I live in New England with pretty much the worst roads in the world besides 3rd world countries and I don't scrape anywhere except for speed bumps and outrageous driveways
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #5
Go Horns!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

I have the Dinan Springs. They are stiffer, but the ride is not compromised. You notice the stiffness in a bad way at low speeds (20-40) on rough roads.

You might also want to consider the BMW Performance suspension springs.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2017, 06:31 PM   #6
chris@strutmonkey
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Dinan are great springs if you want a firmer ride but do not want to lower your car.

Here is (left to right): BMW Sport; Dinan; Eibach; H&R:

Name:  IMG_2149.JPG small.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  451.3 KB

Dinan are taller than Eibach, but firmer.
      08-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #7
BdSM n54iS
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: In front of flashing lights

Op - 195/505 F/R roughly. I have the BMW ps yellow springs and consensus is they are about the same as the m3 stiffness, Dinan being basically the same as the BMW ps yellows.
'11 335is MT BSM/Black | NAV | Premium | Convenience | Cold | HK | MHD | Cobb FMIC | Cobb CP | Cobb DP | aFe stage 2 SI | TurboSmart Dual Ports | BMS OCC | RB PCV Valve | Turner Spacers | Michelin PSS | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Front Lip | BMW Performance ///M Wheel | Sprint Booster | remoteKEY+
Appreciate 2