E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Ecotune Downpipe



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #67
BuraQ
Colonel
 
BuraQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [2.88]
RENNtech

RENNtech Performance or RENNtech Mercedez is the leading tuner for AMG platform Mercedes. They do all their own work from fabs, body kits, turbos, downpipes, exhaust, installs, writing flash tunes etc you name it, anything performance that has to deal with a car they have the shop and tools to make it.

These guys set records in the AMG, and have been doing BMW cars on based on custom requests. They have just started reaching out more publically in their offerings to the BMW cummunity

So in other words they are not new to BMWs
__________________
AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile YouTube
Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only
BuraQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #68
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
 
DieselDiner's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Home

Posts: 1,513
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post

These guys set records in the AMG, and have been doing BMW cars on based on custom requests. They have just started reaching out more publically in their offerings to the BMW cummunity

So in other words they are not new to BMWs
How many DPF deletes/downpipes have they done in the U.S. d community?
__________________
DieselDiner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #69
Antoans4
Private
 
Antoans4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5Diesel
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotuneuk View Post
Who are RENNtech?

I'm afraid what we can discuss with any other firm, particularly with regards to our software modifications is limited for reasons im sure you'll understand.

I think we would benefit from a representative in the USA though as we are e-mailed regarding this almost every day.

We are of course delighted to assist the end customer though.

Best wishes,

Stan

I have a friend that owns a performance shop and he will be more than happy to get an account with u guys to sell ur product, i will be the first customer from the US to try ur down pipe and ecu tune
Antoans4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #70
BuraQ
Colonel
 
BuraQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [2.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
How many DPF deletes/downpipes have they done in the U.S. d community?
You will have to ask them that question directly.
__________________
AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile YouTube
Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only
BuraQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #71
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ecotuneuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Stan, what kind of capabilities would be required for a U.S. shop to be able to perform your software mods over here? I am aware of at least one shop that currently cracks open the DDM and also installs software (from Evolve in this case). So the shop is an installer only, not a "writer" or tuner. Renntech does the same thing, but I *think* they write their own code.

If you have a situation in which a car in the U.S. has been modded with your downpipe, along with a more efficient i/c and perhaps even meth injection, is it even possible for you to evaluate the car remotely and change the programming to take advantage of the added capabilities of the car?

Would it be possible for an individual to install the software after the hardware is installed/modified? For example, we have a vendor in the electronics arena that is located in Poland, but he sends out the necessary cabling, and can remotely program the car - this is not simply coding, he has the capability to modify the car's programming (for navigation/audio/etc.) via the owner's local pc.

Just curious if it might be possible to use your capabilities and knowledge over here, since (as you can probably tell) we are behind times on tuning the d.
On the 335d the ecu requires to be opened however, we have developed an opening jig which leaves zero marks on the ecu casing... you should see some attempts I have seen from others at opening and ecu's getting broken on brand new cars See below an ecu I have opened on a 335d...




We have some dealers in the UK, Europe and Norway who are proficient at completing this work now... with a little practice and the right tools it's fairly easy.

I would be happy to appoint a dealer in the USA however, they would need to be an established and well organised workshop with a well earned reputation for excellent customer service and a good knowledge of diagnostic work. An employee there will require excellent skills with regards to soldering and PCB work...

The engine management system in the USA version is 95% identical to the latest 335d here in Europe, even the software versions are almost exactly the same with the exception of urea injection maps. As this is a limiter based ecu the microprocessor makes adaptions based on our set limiters and the feedback from sensors such as EGT, MAF, MAP, Lambda, IAT, Barometric Pressure, Humidity, ambient temp... etc etc... the feedback from our USA customers has been terrific.

Last edited by ecotuneuk; 12-10-2012 at 07:20 PM.
ecotuneuk is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #72
Julesandtrish
Private First Class
 
Julesandtrish's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 198
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335D  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotuneuk View Post
On the 335d the ecu requires to be opened however, we have developed an opening jig which leaves zero marks on the ecu casing... you should see some attempts I have seen from others at opening and ecu's getting broken on brand new cars See below an ecu I have opened on a 335d...




We have some dealers in the UK, Europe and Norway who are proficient at completing this work now... with a little practice and the right tools it's fairly easy.


I would be happy to appoint a dealer in the USA however, they would need to be an established and well organised workshop with a well earned reputation for excellent customer service and a good knowledge of diagnostic work. An employee there will require excellent skills with regards to soldering and PCB work...

The engine management system in the USA version is 95% identical to the latest 335d here in Europe, even the software versions are almost exactly the same with the exception of urea injection maps. As this is a limiter based ecu the microprocessor makes adaptions based on our set limiters and the feedback from sensors such as EGT, MAF, MAP, Lambda, IAT, Barometric Pressure, Humidity, ambient temp... etc etc... the feedback from our USA customers has been terrific.
I have the perfect dealer for you (in the southeast US at least). GMP performance. They meet or exceed all of the qualifications you list. They work on tons of cars (mostly exotics and european) and have been in business since the 70's. I have used them numerous times. Check me out here gmpperformance.com
__________________
Enjoy what you drive.
Julesandtrish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #73
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ecotuneuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesandtrish View Post
I have the perfect dealer for you (in the southeast US at least). GMP performance. They meet or exceed all of the qualifications you list. They work on tons of cars (mostly exotics and european) and have been in business since the 70's. I have used them numerous times. Check me out here gmpperformance.com
Do you work for them? Are they interested in becoming an Agent?
ecotuneuk is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #74
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,363
iTrader: (0)

I just sent Hartmut the owner of RENNtech and Lenny their programmer this link to see if they are interested
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #75
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,363
iTrader: (0)

The response I got from RENNtech:

Would like to see some actual customers review.

Regards,
Leonardo Wu
Performance Research & Development
1369 N. Killian Drive
Lake Park, FL 33403
Ph (561) 845-7888
Fax (561) 845-6777
PRD@renntechmercedes.com
[url]http://www.renntechmercedes.com[/url
]
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #76
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,363
iTrader: (0)

my response to them:

They are in Europe so if anything I believe you can reach out to them for
info as to which I'm limited
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #77
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ecotuneuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
my response to them:

They are in Europe so if anything I believe you can reach out to them for
info as to which I'm limited
There are hundreds of reviews on the BMW forums.

We will be advertising the opportunity for agents in the USA in January so i'm sure we will be in a position to pick who will provide the best service to our USA customers at that time.

Thanks again,

Stan
ecotuneuk is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #78
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,363
iTrader: (0)

lets cut the running around you guys contact RENNtech or whomever you desire, but be aware most companies are VERY finnicky about going against the EPA (Enviroment Protecting Agency). That said, my best advise is for your company to approach them for this mod otherwise we are only PEONs!!!
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #79
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ecotuneuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
lets cut the running around you guys contact RENNtech or whomever you desire, but be aware most companies are VERY finnicky about going against the EPA (Enviroment Protecting Agency). That said, my best advise is for your company to approach them for this mod otherwise we are only PEONs!!!
We intend to market this opportunity in the new year and will look at the applications at that time. Naturally if a candidate is in touch before this time and they are suitable we would be delighted to look at this however, for the moment we will continue as-is. We would of course be delighted to deal with any USA customers remotely and you can be assured of our absolute attention :-)

Thanks again,

Stan
ecotuneuk is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #80
anielsen71
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91 330dA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Naestved, Denmark

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hi Guys
A little update from me.....

I finally got my Ecotune downpipe fitted and hopefully will get the car adjusted for the changed backpressure now the filter is gone tonight.
Removing the DPF and fitting at the shop was aprox. 2-2.5 hours.
I have not tried pedal to the metal yet since I wanted my tuner to do his magic before testing it to the max. But driving home from the shop 180km/h did not produce any sood or smoke that I could see in the mirrors....And the sound of the engine is almost the same as before...Can't wait to get it mapped in and try it for real ;-)

I did some testing yesterday with the racelogic box to have something to compare with. 0-100km/h was 6,6-6,9 on wet roads with a full fueltank and only me in the car.
I did one test with empty fueltank and manage to get a 6,3 for 0-100km/h.
All this before DPF remove and remaping.
__________________
Brgds
Allan
'06 E91 330dA Sparkling Graphite|19" VMR703 Black Matte|335i brakes|Eibach|Wagner|Ecotune|Turbo Dynamics
anielsen71 is offline   Denmark
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #81
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
 
DieselDiner's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Home

Posts: 1,513
iTrader: (2)

Allan, thank you for the update! When do you plan to visit your tuner?
__________________
DieselDiner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #82
anielsen71
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91 330dA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Naestved, Denmark

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I hope to get an appointment tonight. If not then later this week.
Until then I will not test it to the max.

Btw. I have to add that the downpipe from Ecotune was a perfect fit. All fittings and fitment was spot on. Respect to Ecotune for the product!!! :-)
What took the longest time was to remove the DPF. Quite big and a bit tricky to get it out.
__________________
Brgds
Allan
'06 E91 330dA Sparkling Graphite|19" VMR703 Black Matte|335i brakes|Eibach|Wagner|Ecotune|Turbo Dynamics
anielsen71 is offline   Denmark
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #83
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ecotuneuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
I hope to get an appointment tonight. If not then later this week.
Until then I will not test it to the max.

Btw. I have to add that the downpipe from Ecotune was a perfect fit. All fittings and fitment was spot on. Respect to Ecotune for the product!!! :-)
What took the longest time was to remove the DPF. Quite big and a bit tricky to get it out.
Glad to hear your downpipe went on well, thanks for the feedback... all you need now is the best software available in the world to go with it :-)
ecotuneuk is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #84
Antoans4
Private
 
Antoans4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5Diesel
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Are u guys been able to get a dealer in the States? I'm dying to get this done on my car
Antoans4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 04:55 AM   #85
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ecotuneuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoans4 View Post
Are u guys been able to get a dealer in the States? I'm dying to get this done on my car
Dealership availability for the states will be marketed in February :-)
ecotuneuk is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #86
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,363
iTrader: (0)

Can you give us the dealer that will be working it? its just a couple weeks away from today
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #87
Antoans4
Private
 
Antoans4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5Diesel
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Ecotune any news on the dealer in the States, i have a shop that wants to do it but they don't work to much on Bimmers, they mainly work on VW, Audi and Porsche, do u guys do tuning for Audi and VW TDI?
Antoans4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #88
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,363
iTrader: (0)

Buraq get LENNY and HARTMUT on this, I find it very interesting. Gracias
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST