E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Spark Plugs

12-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
OaklandR
Private

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Spark Plugs

I look at a show call MOTORZ.TV they did a special on spark plugs. They talk about the E3 spark plug and how it has been tested and showed how good they work and how much better they are. Has anyone use these on their car and if so can you tell us if their is a difference, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
fl335i
Captain
United_States

Drives: 335i

^ You have got to be joking right? I remember the split fire craze in the 90's when I was a kid. And Slick 50... running vipers on the track with no oil. Right. Run your OEM Bosch plug or a NGK/Denso. I need to get into the car snake oil business.
'07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, 18" Staggered 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Blend V1 mount, Llumar ATR Tint.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Send a message via AIM to N8N Send a message via MSN to N8N Send a message via Yahoo to N8N
I know I just posted a question about spark plugs myself, but I would be very very wary of any claims of increased performance from a spark plug. The best that you can hope for is an incremental increase in spark intensity or reliability (although increases in intensity usually come at the expense of coil longevity - usually ignition upgrades need to be done as a system, with stock-like plugs but with a wider gap, and beefier coil(s), and OEM plugs under stock conditions have to produce a very reliable spark to meet emissions standards) or longer life. If a manufacturer claims anything more than that, then IMHO it's a fair bet that the manufacturer is sellin' snake oil.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
OaklandR
Private

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Thanks for the feed back guys, yeah i did more researching on this from other cars and i got a lot of bad info on this also but the show seems to be a good show but they do work on rebuilding most of the cars that are on their show, thanks again.
Appreciate 0