E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > K&N filter on my 335



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
bjungx007
Private
 
Drives: 335i Sedan Jet Black ZSP
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

K&N filter on my 335

i just put it on and drove around. There is a noticable difference in the throttle response. Ive even switched it back to confirm and i feel the difference from the initial 0-60. I dont know what gains it produces and i know its just a filter, but its worth 60 bux.
bjungx007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
///AFRO
Stage 1 Juice Box - Boosted'
 
///AFRO's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 AW E92-335i TT
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,522
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjungx007 View Post
i just put it on and drove around. There is a noticable difference in the throttle response. Ive even switched it back to confirm and i feel the difference from the initial 0-60. I dont know what gains it produces and i know its just a filter, but its worth 60 bux.
sounds good. I'm debating over that or the ITG FILTER
///AFRO is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
l4wr3nc3
The Law.
 
l4wr3nc3's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rowland Heights, CA

Posts: 14,277
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AFRO View Post
sounds good. I'm debating over that or the ITG FILTER
+1. Could you post a picture as well. Im not sure why, but im just curious how it looks.
__________________

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #4
bjungx007
Private
 
Drives: 335i Sedan Jet Black ZSP
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

sure give me some time ive been really busy, ill post them when i get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
+1. Could you post a picture as well. Im not sure why, but im just curious how it looks.
bjungx007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
l4wr3nc3
The Law.
 
l4wr3nc3's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rowland Heights, CA

Posts: 14,277
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjungx007 View Post
sure give me some time ive been really busy, ill post them when i get a chance.
Thanks, take your time its fine
__________________

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
bjungx007
Private
 
Drives: 335i Sedan Jet Black ZSP
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Pics







bjungx007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
Don Juan
Second Lieutenant
 
Don Juan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Florida

Posts: 216
iTrader: (0)

I got the BMC filter (Italian made) and performs as good...its very similar to the K&N but I noticed it uses a different type of oil that is not that oily... another option to ITG and K& N
http://www.bmcairfilters.com/
__________________
Don Juan 2013 535i M Sport Premium Package, M Sport Package, Napa Leather, Multi Comfort Seats, Aluminum Interior, IND Painted reflectors (front & Back), M Performance Gloss Black Grills , M Carbon Fiber Spoiler, JB4 Stg2 Map 5, K&N filter,20"HRE FF Wheels, 3.75"quad pipes and M5 rear diffuser)
Retired 2011 X5 35d PP,SPP, 3rd Row, Aluminum roof Rails, Premium Stereo.
Don Juan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
LittleBlue
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A

Posts: 233
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleBlue
do you all notice a considerable and big differene?? ANy idea or claims on the box as to HP increase if any?
LittleBlue is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
BayernMuenchen
Second Lieutenant
 
BayernMuenchen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Encinitas, CA

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

You order it online or was is it available at a parts store?
__________________
2007 335i Coupe
BayernMuenchen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
gobo335i
Toy Wrangler
 
gobo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i - GoCart on Steroids
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

I just received and installed mine as well. Ordered direct from K&N. Fast prompt service they have there. Fit perfect. Sealed correctly. Cool beans.

I can't notice a difference, but it sure is pretty. The car is still damn fast all over and I haven't had my seat-of-the-pants-dyno calibrated in a while.

__________________
Had a 335i. It was a highway missile. Traded to a 135i. It's a go-cart on steroids.
gobo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 03:54 PM   #11
NPDAN
Colonel
 
NPDAN's Avatar
 
Drives: AW DCT M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 2,570
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to NPDAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AFRO View Post
sounds good. I'm debating over that or the ITG FILTER
I had the ITG and swapped it out with the K&N. The K&N is more noticeable by far.

K&N ftw
__________________
NPDAN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 03:55 PM   #12
NPDAN
Colonel
 
NPDAN's Avatar
 
Drives: AW DCT M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 2,570
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to NPDAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo335i View Post
I just received and installed mine as well. Ordered direct from K&N. Fast prompt service they have there. Fit perfect. Sealed correctly. Cool beans.

I can't notice a difference, but it sure is pretty. The car is still damn fast all over and I haven't had my seat-of-the-pants-dyno calibrated in a while.

Your supposed to be workin fool
__________________
NPDAN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #13
gobo335i
Toy Wrangler
 
gobo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i - GoCart on Steroids
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
Your supposed to be workin fool
HAHAHAH!

work is for clowns. i got a barrel of monkeys doing my job today. it's always a circus here.

I should be under a hood installing my new toy actually! :rocks:
__________________
Had a 335i. It was a highway missile. Traded to a 135i. It's a go-cart on steroids.
gobo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #14
NPDAN
Colonel
 
NPDAN's Avatar
 
Drives: AW DCT M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 2,570
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to NPDAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo335i View Post
HAHAHAH!

work is for clowns. i got a barrel of monkeys doing my job today. it's always a circus here.

I should be under a hood installing my new toy actually! :rocks:
I can believe hpw hard your laggin... You had the PROcede for like a month now just sittin in your garage.
__________________
NPDAN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
gobo335i
Toy Wrangler
 
gobo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i - GoCart on Steroids
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
I can believe hpw hard your laggin... You had the PROcede for like a month now just sittin in your garage.
Actually its in the trunk. Effectively making me slower considering the weight gain. Think anyone else can claim that their car is slower with the PROceed?

Dang. I'll get right on it.
__________________
Had a 335i. It was a highway missile. Traded to a 135i. It's a go-cart on steroids.
gobo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #16
thegeneral101
Colonel
 
Drives: '13 M3 LRE,'13 750Li
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Miami/Michigan

Posts: 2,285
iTrader: (0)

it makes the engine sound a little deeper under load right?
__________________
thegeneral101 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #17
gobo335i
Toy Wrangler
 
gobo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i - GoCart on Steroids
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeneral101 View Post
it makes the engine sound a little deeper under load right?
I can't hear it. That doesn't mean it doesn't.
__________________
Had a 335i. It was a highway missile. Traded to a 135i. It's a go-cart on steroids.
gobo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
Chowbow
pew pew
 
Drives: 三三五i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CA

Posts: 6,702
iTrader: (5)

When I see a dyno run comparison back to back I'll believe it... Sorry, I've just gone through too many cars and added K&N filters and NONE of them have ever showed an increase in HP that is measurable.
__________________

CSL replicas are now CSL counterfeits. Jesus saves, like Valentine1.
Chowbow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #19
NPDAN
Colonel
 
NPDAN's Avatar
 
Drives: AW DCT M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 2,570
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to NPDAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post
When I see a dyno run comparison back to back I'll believe it... Sorry, I've just gone through too many cars and added K&N filters and NONE of them have ever showed an increase in HP that is measurable.
Placebo for me then
__________________
NPDAN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 05:15 PM   #20
gobo335i
Toy Wrangler
 
gobo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i - GoCart on Steroids
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
Placebo for me then
Exactly. Isn't that really what this is all about anyway? If it doesn't make you feel good about it, then whats the point?

Lets get existential with this...Does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if there is no one there to hear it? Does a BMW feel faster if the air filter has been replaced?

Is your objective to have a hot tart (or your wife in some cases) feel the extra 1.5hp at 3800 rpms and say, "hey big boy, is that a pencil in your pocket or did you just swap that paper filter for a K&N?" Sorry, the K&N is not going to serve your purpose.

If you feel it or hear it, then its real.
__________________
Had a 335i. It was a highway missile. Traded to a 135i. It's a go-cart on steroids.
gobo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #21
Jerseystyle1
Boris the Blade
 
Jerseystyle1's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: FT Leonard Wood, MO

Posts: 317
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jerseystyle1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo335i View Post
Exactly. Isn't that really what this is all about anyway? If it doesn't make you feel good about it, then whats the point?

Lets get existential with this...Does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if there is no one there to hear it? Does a BMW feel faster if the air filter has been replaced?

Is your objective to have a hot tart (or your wife in some cases) feel the extra 1.5hp at 3800 rpms and say, "hey big boy, is that a pencil in your pocket or did you just swap that paper filter for a K&N?" Sorry, the K&N is not going to serve your purpose.

If you feel it or hear it, then its real.
:rocks:
__________________
Allan

Montego Blue 335i Sedan w/Navi/Magnetic Black NISMO 350Z #831/76' Mini 1100 "SPECIAL" Export

Jerseystyle1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
NPDAN
Colonel
 
NPDAN's Avatar
 
Drives: AW DCT M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 2,570
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to NPDAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo335i View Post
Exactly. Isn't that really what this is all about anyway? If it doesn't make you feel good about it, then whats the point?

Lets get existential with this...Does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if there is no one there to hear it? Does a BMW feel faster if the air filter has been replaced?

Is your objective to have a hot tart (or your wife in some cases) feel the extra 1.5hp at 3800 rpms and say, "hey big boy, is that a pencil in your pocket or did you just swap that paper filter for a K&N?" Sorry, the K&N is not going to serve your purpose.

If you feel it or hear it, then its real.
Good thing we dont live in your world
__________________
NPDAN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST