E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > M Performance Exhaust on sale at dealership $1055.65

07-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
rgee27
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2011 335i

M Performance Exhaust on sale at dealership $1055.65

I just saw on Stevens Creek BMW website in San Jose ,Ca that they are now selling the M Performance Exhaust for my 2011 e90 335i for $1055.65! It's the lowest I've seen on the exhaust. Called my SA and having one installed on my car next week. I'm about 75 miles away but my local dealer matched the price! Parts person at SC wasn't sure how long the price would be at the $1055.65. Might be a good time to pull the trigger...
      07-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
CJ421
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Great share. The PE is a no-brainer upgrade for the N55 335i. Aggressive, balanced, dynamic, no added drone and not too loud all at the same time plus it's OEM ...can't go wrong.
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States
      07-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Johnny Boost
Captain

Drives: '11 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Great share. The PE is a no-brainer upgrade for the N55 335i. Aggressive, balanced, dynamic, no added drone and not too loud all at the same time plus it's OEM ...can't go wrong.
Any video clips of your exhaust set up?

LUX v4 LEDs | Shadowline Grills | M3 Lip Spoiler | 5% tint
      07-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #4
CJ421
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boost View Post
Yes, here's a vid I made when I got it installed:
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States
      07-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Knonsense
Private

Drives: 335xi.

Exclamation

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=exhaust+mod

don't waste your money, unless you want it for resale to somebody who doesn't know better. I've done this to my car, and the dealership asked me who installed my PE. i didn't say shit.
      07-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
J2S2M
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335i e90 m-sport

That's a great price! I wonder if Tisher would beat their price. Hmmmm..
      07-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #7
TORAY
Boston Strong

Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive M-Sport 6MT

Great find.
The part number listed is correct for e90 2011.
Thanks for sharing.
TORAY is offline   United_States
      07-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
tkong
Private

Drives: 335i 2011 space gray e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boost View Post
Here's a clip of a pe exhaust on my e90. Please ignore the title though lol. It is shot with a go pro on the back of the car.

tkong is offline   United_States
      07-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
-Wingman-
Banned

Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

In my opinion, that DIY mod does not sound the same as the PE. Similar, but not the same. There's more of a howl to the PE, and it sounds less airy if that makes sense.
      07-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
rgee27
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkong View Post
Here's a clip of a pe exhaust on my e90. Please ignore the title though lol. It is shot with a go pro on the back of the car.

Nice video ...I like how you filmed inside the car also and what the sound was like inside.
      07-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #11
rgee27
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Yes, here's a vid I made when I got it installed:
Nice video also! Also like the driver perspective. We don't hear what's outside, we hear what's inside...
      07-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #12
snaimpally
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgee27 View Post
I just saw on Stevens Creek BMW website in San Jose ,Ca that they are now selling the M Performance Exhaust for my 2011 e90 335i for $1055.65! It's the lowest I've seen on the exhaust. Called my SA and having one installed on my car next week. I'm about 75 miles away but my local dealer matched the price! Parts person at SC wasn't sure how long the price would be at the $1055.65. Might be a good time to pull the trigger...
PLEASE post a link for stuff like this. Perhaps the price went back up to $1140.

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/11...CenterId=22083
      07-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #13
rgee27
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimpally View Post
PLEASE post a link for stuff like this. Perhaps the price went back up to $1140.

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/11...CenterId=22083
Yeah, looks like they raised the price. Parts salesperson did say he wasn't sure how long they would be selling at that price as I stated originally....I jumped at it when I saw it listed and had my dealer match the price.
      07-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #14
piker28
Enlisted Member

Drives: bmw 335xi

Well that sucks I was hoping that it would last another couple weeks for the next pay check
      07-15-2014, 01:07 AM   #15
SaviorXi
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingman- View Post
In my opinion, that DIY mod does not sound the same as the PE. Similar, but not the same. There's more of a howl to the PE, and it sounds less airy if that makes sense.
I agree and if I am not mistaken the real exhaust is lighter. Also with the real thing you retain your original exhaust for when you sell or trade in the car and you can resell the authentic performance version for around $800-$1000.
After you frankenstein your mufflers, change the structural integrity, and hope the shop did a legit job you are still left with no original exhaust which could impact the trade resale of the car. (not to mention what if you don't like it) The mod is creative and I am all for saving a buck but I think this mod is penny wise and dollar foolish. You pay $300 or up for the irreversible modification and get nothing back later for resale since you have to sell your car with an exhaust. I buy the real exhaust for $1200.00 and sell it 2 years later for $900 We both ended up spending a total of $300 but I also have my original exhaust to sell with my car and I get the real deal and not a welded up replica. Just another perspective for any potential modders.
SaviorXi is offline   United_States
      07-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #16
snaimpally
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorXi View Post
I agree and if I am not mistaken the real exhaust is lighter. Also with the real thing you retain your original exhaust for when you sell or trade in the car and you can resell the authentic performance version for around $800-$1000.
After you frankenstein your mufflers, change the structural integrity, and hope the shop did a legit job you are still left with no original exhaust which could impact the trade resale of the car. (not to mention what if you don't like it) The mod is creative and I am all for saving a buck but I think this mod is penny wise and dollar foolish. You pay $300 or up for the irreversible modification and get nothing back later for resale since you have to sell your car with an exhaust. I buy the real exhaust for $1200.00 and sell it 2 years later for $900 We both ended up spending a total of $300 but I also have my original exhaust to sell with my car and I get the real deal and not a welded up replica. Just another perspective for any potential modders.
Exactly. I don't want the sound, I want the performance. Having a genuine BMW part is nice.
      07-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #17
grzes
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 bmw 335d LCI

Honestly I don't think you would sell used PE exhaust for 900, good luck to find someone for that price if dealer asks couple of hundreds more for a new one with warranty.
But anyway, I wonder if anyone at some point will open up the performance exhaust and we can compare how much different it really is inside compared to the stock one. I do like the performance sound but is it really performance or just a sound?? I wonder if they would not close all the perforated part if they would get any closer to the Performance sound?? But for sure those two do sound different
grzes is offline   Canada
      07-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #18
Jsoboti
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335i E92 M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzes
Honestly I don't think you would sell used PE exhaust for 900, good luck to find someone for that price if dealer asks couple of hundreds more for a new one with warranty.
But anyway, I wonder if anyone at some point will open up the performance exhaust and we can compare how much different it really is inside compared to the stock one. I do like the performance sound but is it really performance or just a sound?? I wonder if they would not close all the perforated part if they would get any closer to the Performance sound?? But for sure those two do sound different
This has been done, there's a thread about in on here someone, it's very long,
Close to 50 pages or so.

The difference is there's no packing material and there's just straight tube through the muffler, no resonator nor perforated pipe.
-VRSF Catless DP
-CYBA Scoops
      07-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #19
Jsoboti
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335i E92 M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimpally
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorXi View Post
Exactly. I don't want the sound, I want the performance. Having a genuine BMW part is nice.
The PE will not do much for performance. The downpipe is the real choke point in our exhaust system so to open the flow up you need to change the downpipe
-VRSF Catless DP
-CYBA Scoops
      07-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #20
Knonsense
Private

Drives: 335xi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsoboti View Post
The PE will not do much for performance. The downpipe is the real choke point in our exhaust system so to open the flow up you need to change the downpipe
Exactly, it's forced induction. The only thing an exhaust can do to improve performance is increase flow of the exhaust gasses; there's no backpressure to optimize or such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimpally View Post
We both have solid, dual 2.5" piping. You may have incrementally better flow, but I saved beaucoup cash upfront to buy Ar's resonated, catless downpipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingman- View Post
I'd agree. I'd also argue the dp corrects for this, and for the proprosed flow issues.

If somebody wants to go all-out for exhaust performance, your wastegate and turbine outlets would have just enough piping to vent to the atmosphere (see youtube below) Anything else is an exercise in compromises, and I didn't care enough to buy a branded part. I buy used non-electrical parts anyways.

Anyways, here's a no-Knonsense, performance exhaust:
      08-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #21
chatch10
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgee27 View Post
Thanks for the heads up man! I still can't believe this deal. My dealership couldn't match the price, but I bought it anyway from Stevens Creek and I'm having my dealership install it. Under $1500 for everything is a pretty good deal to me!
      08-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #22
piker28
Enlisted Member

Drives: bmw 335xi

I would be curious how yours shows up. Mine was not packaged in the best way possible.

Last edited by piker28; 08-01-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: to big picture