E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Shiv, will V1.47 + DP=More power?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-15-2007, 02:09 AM   #23
ho2786
New Member
0

 
Drives: e90 335
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: singapore


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown335i View Post
Hello Shiv,

Iím sure others have this on their mind. My PROcede 1.47 e90 feels SLOWER to me now. I want more power and frankly canít wait to get my hands on V2.0. So my question to you is that will cat-less DP with V1.47 yield more power or do we have to wait until you produce a DP specific map? Also can DP some how negatively effect the V1.47ís performance.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vince
NOS the way to go man.600hp at the touch of a button.will feel like a rocket taking off to space.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 02:20 AM   #24
I'dratherBdrivingmyBMW
Private
0

 
Drives: 335!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ca.


Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

^+1
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #25
Lee Rambler
Captain
United_States
7

 
Drives: 07 e92 335 6mt, 04 e53 x5 4.4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA


Posts: 605
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_T View Post
How many is "alot" and how would you know what "alot" is?
by the poll that was run a little while back. Of the respondents, 42% reported having hit limp mode with v1.47. If you are running out of boost already (hence the need for a Lower Boost Target map), it stands to reason that the higher boost levels seen with the downpipes COULD cause limp mode issues. It's not a safety issue, that's what limp mode is there for. But if you're going to hit it and have to run a lower boost map (possibly even lower that V1.47) then you may not end up with that much more power. MAYBE. that's why I'm waiting to see some results once people have the downpipes with a piggyback. I personally have my fingers crossed, really want downpipes...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #26
Cadence
Private First Class
5

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cool


Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Rambler View Post
If you are running out of boost already (hence the need for a Lower Boost Target map), it stands to reason that the higher boost levels seen with the downpipes COULD cause limp mode issues. It's not a safety issue, that's what limp mode is there for. But if you're going to hit it and have to run a lower boost map (possibly even lower that V1.47) then you may not end up with that much more power...
I still think you guys are thinking about this backwards. The DPs make it easier for the car to make boost and your Procede/ECU is still looking for, and asking for, the same level of boost so it stands to reason that there would be less chance of having the LBT issue with the new DPs installed since you will always get more boost with the new DPs. Shiv?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #27
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
47

 
Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,437
iTrader: (0)

Ok i have stayed quiet long enough. I have been on these boards since a month before i purchased my 335i coupe. (Dec 06) I purchased procede 2 months after that. I have been running procede since then and havent had a single problem. Until, i bought UR downpipes. I went to RPM North in Plainview LI. Great Shop btw the mechanics are amazing. After installing the DP i was surprised to see very little difference. So we went and deleted the secondary cats. ***NOTE*** Doing this will cause serious resonation problems around 2k rpms other than at 2k the car sounds great. Hearing those turbos spooling is orgasmic. We believe the resonator and the crushed pipe associated with the X-pipe is the problem. An eisenmann x pipe will be installed on monday.*** After deleting the secondary cats and running the DPs on Procede version 1.47 I threw my first Check Engine light about 24 hours later. Followed by my first limp mode which i believed to be due to not being able to reach boost targets when cruising at the same rpms on long strips of road. BE WARY. This is not as easy as everyone is making it out to be. I chose to be a test dummy. And i am getting burned in the process. 1.47 LBT was loaded on the car and I am having the same problem, limp mode is coming on regularly when the car is running at the same rpm for extended periods of time. I loaded the stock map and the car runs fine no limp mode after 2 days of driving. After this test i loaded the conservative map that shiv posted a while back and I have only put about 5 miles on it so i dont know how it will respond. But as of right now i have taken a big step back. So before you install your DPs consider waiting for Shiv to upload new maps. I contacted Vishnu and they had no answers besides running LBT. So as of right now DPs and Procede is a BAD IDEA. Take my word for it or dont. I know this is my first post and people may think i am just talking crap. But you need to understand I love procede and still have only the best things to say about vishnu tuning. They are just getting a little behind from working on V2 it seems. Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #28
Lee Rambler
Captain
United_States
7

 
Drives: 07 e92 335 6mt, 04 e53 x5 4.4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA


Posts: 605
iTrader: (0)

thought so. not really vishnu's fault (or any other piggyback), they weren't designed with it in mind. a new map can probobly fix it without any problem, but I question how much extra output will really be achieved, being as lower boost will be used. it could still help spool up and throttle response, but I don't know how much improvement is really needed there. hopefully this is an isolated incident, I'll wait to pass final judgement until I see some more results
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #29
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
47

 
Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,437
iTrader: (0)

One more thing. If you do downpipes and remove your secondary cats expect to get a CEL due to o2 sensors. You will also kick up an inefficiency code aswell. I didn't really run it too long with secondary cats so i dont know FOR SURE if this wouldn't occur if they were left in but there are no o2 sensors after the secondary cats so it is doubtful.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #30
PresaMat
Major
United_States
16

 
PresaMat's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston,TX


Posts: 1,170
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
One more thing. If you do downpipes and remove your secondary cats expect to get a CEL due to o2 sensors. You will also kick up an inefficiency code aswell. I didn't really run it too long with secondary cats so i dont know FOR SURE if this wouldn't occur if they were left in but there are no o2 sensors after the secondary cats so it is doubtful.
Riss racings DPs were run with procede 1.47 for a good while during testing with no issues.

Mat
__________________
-Mat

Tuned E92 335, Riss Racing downpipes! And hopefully over 400RWHP!!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #31
TwinBoost
Private
0

 
TwinBoost's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada


Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
One more thing. If you do downpipes and remove your secondary cats expect to get a CEL due to o2 sensors. You will also kick up an inefficiency code aswell. I didn't really run it too long with secondary cats so i dont know FOR SURE if this wouldn't occur if they were left in but there are no o2 sensors after the secondary cats so it is doubtful.
but your running the catless downpipes... so don't be surprised that your going to throw some codes especially with procede
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #32
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
47

 
Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,437
iTrader: (0)

sorry if i made it sound like i was surprised. I wasn't i knew it was going to happen. But the limp mode however i did not expect. Especially now that i have ran the stock map and had no issue for an extended period of time..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #33
Maroon
Private First Class
Qatar
1

 
Maroon's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4C
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Qatar


Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Maroon
The downpipe will add more power only if procede is tuned for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #34
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
696

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA


Posts: 17,616
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon View Post
The downpipe will add more power only if procede is tuned for it.
I'm quite sure the dps will add power even without a specific tune. Just the standard v1.47 map will suffice.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #35
down4it
Banned
United_States
35

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal


Posts: 1,743
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I'm quite sure the dps will add power even without a specific tune. Just the standard v1.47 map will suffice.

Shiv
Its working for me so far
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #36
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
47

 
Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,437
iTrader: (0)

The car runs stronger than ever... but the problem is driving on the highway at consistant speeds... So it works.. but it doesn't really work.. Which i hope you find out in a couple weeks when you do the testing yourself when you get DPs on your car. Otherwise i have some other problem my shop can't find and that is a whole other problem altogether.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #37
Dr_Dirt
Major
United_States
19

 
Dr_Dirt's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i 6AT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DFW


Posts: 1,475
iTrader: (1)

I remember installing downpipes on my 3000gt vr4. Afterwards my low end torque was non-existant. Top end power was good though.
__________________
Verizon LTE speed
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 01:17 AM   #38
JmanE55
Lieutenant
United_States
10

 
JmanE55's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego


Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
09 C4S  [0.00]
2007 E92  [0.00]
2006 CLS55  [0.00]
2006 E55  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Ok i have stayed quiet long enough. I have been on these boards since a month before i purchased my 335i coupe. (Dec 06) I purchased procede 2 months after that. I have been running procede since then and havent had a single problem. Until, i bought UR downpipes. I went to RPM North in Plainview LI. Great Shop btw the mechanics are amazing. After installing the DP i was surprised to see very little difference. So we went and deleted the secondary cats. ***NOTE*** Doing this will cause serious resonation problems around 2k rpms other than at 2k the car sounds great. Hearing those turbos spooling is orgasmic. We believe the resonator and the crushed pipe associated with the X-pipe is the problem. An eisenmann x pipe will be installed on monday.*** After deleting the secondary cats and running the DPs on Procede version 1.47 I threw my first Check Engine light about 24 hours later. Followed by my first limp mode which i believed to be due to not being able to reach boost targets when cruising at the same rpms on long strips of road. BE WARY. This is not as easy as everyone is making it out to be. I chose to be a test dummy. And i am getting burned in the process. 1.47 LBT was loaded on the car and I am having the same problem, limp mode is coming on regularly when the car is running at the same rpm for extended periods of time. I loaded the stock map and the car runs fine no limp mode after 2 days of driving. After this test i loaded the conservative map that shiv posted a while back and I have only put about 5 miles on it so i dont know how it will respond. But as of right now i have taken a big step back. So before you install your DPs consider waiting for Shiv to upload new maps. I contacted Vishnu and they had no answers besides running LBT. So as of right now DPs and Procede is a BAD IDEA. Take my word for it or dont. I know this is my first post and people may think i am just talking crap. But you need to understand I love procede and still have only the best things to say about vishnu tuning. They are just getting a little behind from working on V2 it seems. Good Luck
This is good info, thanks for sharing.
__________________
CURRENT: 13 Turbo S - DD ** 12 Continental GT - Weekend Fun ** 13 GS350 Fsport - Wife's DD ** 13 RX350 Fsport - Family Hauler ** 14 IS350 Fsport - DD2 ** 14 Nissan GTR - Track
GONE: 13GS350 Fsport, 11TT, 13GTR BE, 13GS350 Fsport, 13 GTR Premium, 13GS350 Fsport, 09TT, 11 RX350, 12 IS350 Fsport, 10 E63, 08 E350, 11 RR HSE, 10 GTR, 09 C2S cab, 09 C4S, 09 C63, 06 CLS55, 06 E55, 05 E55
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #39
Maroon
Private First Class
Qatar
1

 
Maroon's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4C
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Qatar


Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Maroon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Dirt View Post
I remember installing downpipes on my 3000gt vr4. Afterwards my low end torque was non-existant. Top end power was good though.
It's all in the tuning.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #40
M&M
Captain
South Africa
14

 
M&M's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa


Posts: 661
iTrader: (0)

I don't have boost limp with DP's + procede 1.47 & I'm at 5500ft elevation. I do have CEL for Catalyst efficiency every 2nd week or so.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #41
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
47

 
Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,437
iTrader: (0)

my secondary cats are gone.. the custom connecting pipes took care of that for me.. I am like i said in another thread being stupid and leaping before looking.. I am at sea level.. the O2 codes have to come from the Dps because that is where the sensors are... so unless i have faulty Dps they are the cause..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #42
Cadence
Private First Class
5

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cool


Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I'm quite sure the dps will add power even without a specific tune. Just the standard v1.47 map will suffice.

Shiv
Shiv lives at least long enough to come out of his Bat Cave

Can you give us a quick answer - will these DPs make cars more of less prone to needing the LBT map? May guess is less prone since it will be easier to reach higher boost.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #43
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
46

 
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 2,650
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Riss Racing Send a message via Skype™ to Riss Racing
Procede 1.47 + our DP were working great with no issues. We also tried out a few other maps and it worked fine as well. However 1.47 worked best.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #44
Dr_Dirt
Major
United_States
19

 
Dr_Dirt's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i 6AT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DFW


Posts: 1,475
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
Procede 1.47 + our DP were working great with no issues. We also tried out a few other maps and it worked fine as well. However 1.47 worked best.
Show us some dyno's please...
__________________
Verizon LTE speed
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST