E90Post

jb4store

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Performed my civic duty tonight - Video inside - Lady got charged with Careless

12-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
BigFoig
Banned

Drives: e92 335is

Performed my civic duty tonight - Video inside - Lady got charged with Careless

Cliff notes:

- Saw a grey Nissan driving like they were drunk at 401 east and DVP
- Tailed them for a bit and after gathering more evidence I called OPP to report a possible DUI
- Driver began to drift a lot in their lane
- Nissan exits at Salem road and goes home
- OPP finds the black lady sitting in her car on her driveway
- OPP asks if I am willing to be a witness and if so they will charge her with careless driving
- Since I have nothing better to do I agree to be a witness and OPP charges her with careless driving
- Tow truck driver on scene said the black lady was so pissed lolol.
- I never saw what she looked like but OPP has reasonable grounds to believe she was the driver.
- Now I potentially could be summoned to court to be a witness and collect witness money lol.

Wall of text warning. This is the witness statement I wrote to the OPP

On December 15, 2012 at 4:20am I observed a dark colored Nissan sedan on the DVP heading northbound. A couple seconds later it began to head towards the 401 eastbound exit. My intentions were to also head in this direction so I stayed behind the Nissan. During the turn I witnessed the Nissan brake and proceed to bank right thus following the lane however it began to overshoot the turn and thus the Nissan began to creep in and drive in between two lanes. Considering the time of night and Nissan’s previous direction of travel along the DVP, I began to suspect that the driver of the Nissan was impaired. Hence I began to follow the Nissan as it entered the 401 eastbound express lanes.

My suspicion was immediately confirmed after I had merged into the 401 expressway and had positioned myself behind the Nissan and began following it at a safe distance. The driver of the Nissan did not appear to have a confident control of the Nissan as it began to hug the left side of their lane, as evident by the wheels being very close to the lane divider markers. At 4:22 am two vehicles on the far left lane (passing lane) began to pass this Nissan. The drivers of the passing vehicles observed that the Nissan was straddling the lane divider and gave the Nissan a wide berth by passing cautiously while straddling the emergency lane divider. Once the first vehicle passed the Nissan proceeded to quickly adjust itself immediately to their right side of their lane, hence almost straddling the right lane marker. After this point I turned down my music and observed the Nissan’s behavior more closely. The Nissan began to vary it’s position throughout the entire event by either straddling the left lane marker within their lane or the right lane marker within their lane. At 4:23am the Nissan approached a freight truck and proceeded to straddle the left lane marker and immediately passing the freight truck it quickly adjusted back over to straddling the right lane marker.

At this point I proceeded to dial *677 for the OPP. At 4:24am I was connected to an OPP dispatcher. I told the dispatcher I wanted to report at potential DUI and we were currently on the 401 traveling eastbound just past Brimley road. At this time I also witnessed the Nissan drift into the left lane as it was passing a transport trailer and had forced a vehicle in the passing lane to slow down and yield to the Nissan because it was now over the left lane marker as evident by their wheels passing the marker. I proceeded to tell the dispatcher the Nissan’s description which was a grey Nissan Altima with an Ontario tag number <redacted>. The dispatcher then asked me why I thought they were impaired and gave a brief and shortened statement reflecting what I had wrote above. I believed at the time there was four occupants in the Nissan. I also told the dispatcher the Nissan was traveling not at a constant rate of speed and kept varying its speed as in going from 120km/hr to 95km/hr. The dispatcher then asked for my name and phone number which I provided for him.

Throughout the initial call to the OPP the Nissan was still not keeping center in their lane and was straddling lane.

At 4:26 am as I just passed Neilson road I observed the Nissan attempt to change lanes to the right without indication. However it never completed the lane change but began to straddle the center lane and now the right lane, thus the Nissan was now traveling in two lanes. After a couple seconds the Nissan then moved back into the center lane. I had also communicated this to the OPP dispatcher. The dispatcher then asked for the description of my vehicle which I told him it was a Blue BMW. At 4:27am the Nissan again proceeded to straddle the right lane and center lane again as if it was attempting to ride both lanes at the same time. It quickly moved back over and at this point I had told the OPP dispatcher I had video recording equipment and was gathering video evidence. At 4:28am the Nissan proceeded to tail a black suv for about 30 seconds. After this the Nissan indicated a right lane change however it did not move and after 10 seconds canceled their signal indication. I also communicated this to the OPP dispatcher. At 4:29am the Nissan had slowed down to 95km/hr and after about a minute it went back up to 110km/hr. At 4:33am the Nissan began to indicate a right lane change however it then canceled the indication after about 10 seconds. It did not change lanes. At 4:34am as we were passing Brock road the Nissan again indicated a right lane change however it did proceed to change over to the right lane and canceled their signal promptly. I followed shortly after and began to follow the Nissan in the lane they were now traveling in.

I observed the same behavior of the Nissan straddling the left lane marker and right lane marker, consistent with their previous behavior in the center lane. At 4:35am the Nissan again indicated a right lane change but canceled the indication shortly after again without moving over to the right. At Salem road I observed the Nissan began to signal their intentions to exit, the Nissan then proceeded to exit at Salem road on the right lane. I continued to follow the Nissan as it exited Salem road and it indicated to continue southbound on Salem Road. At 4:38 am as we were crossing an intersection the Nissan proceeded to change lanes in the middle of the intersection without indication and after crossing the intersection it was now traveling on the left lane. At 4:39 am I was connected to Durham Regional Police and observed the Nissan was indicating to turn left on to Bayly Street heading eastbound. I was unable to catch the light and was stuck waiting for the red light. I then witnessed the Nissan make a right onto Boone Lane which I observed to be a townhouse complex.

I did not proceed to follow the Nissan into the townhouse complex as I am not familiar with the area and did not want to risk my personal safety following the Nissan into a dead end street. At 4:41am I witnessed the Nissan exit the townhouse complex. And proceeded to head eastbound on Bayly street again and then began to turn right onto Shoal Point road heading southbound. The Nissan then pulled into another townhouse complex on Wilkie Lane. I proceeded to follow them into the townhouse complex but decided it wasn’t a good idea and proceeded to reverse out and back onto Shoal Point road. At this point I lost sight of the Nissan and waited for police to arrive on scene.

At 4:47am is when I first made contact with OPP.

If you see a video unavailable message it's because it's still being uploaded. check back in a bit.

Opp was gonna confiscate my SD card to use the video as evidence but since I was willing to help them out in the investigation he said just keep it but don't alter any of the original files and if you do get summoned to court then just bring the sd card along. Even though the mans made a complete copy of my sd card lol.

OPP told me to follow them back to the station so they can get a copy of the sd card.

Also don't mess with OPP cause they has m4 assault rifles lol.

Last edited by BigFoig; 12-15-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
leungsta
Captain
Canada

Drives: 335i

TL;DR

Lulz, but I read the cliff.

That must've rustled her jimmies
Volk Racing CE28n Candy Red | JB4 | AMS FMIC | AR DPs | Injen DCI | BMS OCC | KWV1 | M3 Control Arms | OEM Aero Lip | BMW Performance Spoiler | LUX H8 V3 | Matte Black Grills | Cyba Tips | M-Tech Rear | Custom Alcantara + C/F M3 Steering Wheel | M3 Side Skirts | Vinyl C/F Roof | Fabric C/F Interior Trim | LCI Tail Lights | DD Fins Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
srh335xi
Private
Canada

Drives: e90 335xi

Any reason you felt a need to point out it was a "Black Lady"? Not just a lady they found behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Wolf 335
Lieutenant
Canada

Drives: E92 335i

Try not to be a witness next time. To much headaches to follow.

Do your part and report it, and move along
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States

Drives: E90

Nice job! The two times i've called the police because of traffic safety reasons, both of them turned out to be DUIs.... ^__^ i call em how i see em.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
Phas
Private
Canada

Drives: 435i xDrive

Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh335xi View Post
Any reason you felt a need to point out it was a "Black Lady"? Not just a lady they found behind the wheel.
+1
      12-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
jim.e.
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 E90

I highly consider in the future, call it in and leave it at that. Like the dispatch said "don't follow as it could put you in danger".

I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but when you follow someone for a while (on purpose), your open to a slew of "unexpected outcomes".

Be careful in the future.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
demontwinz
Lieutenant

Drives: 335i e92

I saw a black civic with emergency lights on and start to drive in between lanes. It was so bad that when she was moving very slowly i decided to pass her on the left. She went completely onto my lane and i braked really hard to avoid a collision.

I was going to report it but I was happy to not be hit and just move on. It would be hard and dangerous for me to follow that civic and get numbers etc.
      12-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
Costa Rica

Drives: 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh335xi View Post
+2
      12-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
maf330xi
Second Lieutenant
Canada

Drives: 06 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post

+1

Blacklines | 19" Morr VS8.2 | Gloss Black Grilles | PE | M-Tech | KW V1
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
marcvtec
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i

Wow really,,, give a kid a camera and now he is a superhero.
Buddy you got issues man to follow someone to their house.
Your a pretend camera superhero and a flippin loser at that, get a life.
Not to mention what are you doing out till 4:30 am dork.
I am in now way defending drinking and driving. But I see morons drive like that every day.

The best part was she is varying in speed from 95-120 so what ???
If a car goes 140-150 passed you what do you do then?.? Call in the army?
Get a life wanna be robocop.
Thanks for posting, please come to the meets and photo everyone's plates while you are at it lol, donkey.
Sorry had too.

Getting charge with careless, what based on your statement, good luck.
Even your video only shows her slightly going left right in her driving lane.

Last edited by marcvtec; 12-17-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Kalidian
Lieutenant

Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Cool story bro (seriously). Just curious though, how much do you get paid for being a witness? lol. Good job though. One more stupid ass driver off the road today, somebody else gets to live later on.

Last edited by Kalidian; 12-17-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
vanondemand
Banned
Canada

Drives: E92 335i M/T

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
He's just being a responsible, don't give him shit for it

ps. nice name LOL chengman's my bro

Last edited by vanondemand; 12-17-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
shaginwagon13
Charted Accountant
Canada

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoig View Post
Now I potentially could be summoned to court to be a witness and collect witness money lol.
If you have ever been summoned to court, you would know that the money you get is almost a joke and doesn't even cover the gas it cost you to travel there.

You would have been better off to work for the day, but being a good citizen sometimes is worth it. i don't feel sorry at all for the woman if she really was drunk. If your caught drunk driving, you should loose your license indefinitely in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #15
Phas
Private
Canada

Drives: 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
I am in now way defending drinking and driving. But I see morons drive like that every day.

Thanks for posting, please come to the meets and photo everyone's plates while you are at it lol, donkey.
Sorry had too.

+1

I am not sure why this thread is listed in two places, however, there is more over here http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2 with >44 responses.
      12-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #16
Kalidian
Lieutenant

Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
If your caught drunk driving, you should loose your license indefinitely in my opinion.
If you get caught driving drunk, depending on your BAC and the speed/manner in which you were driving you certainly could lose your license. They can also take your car and detain/arrest if your BAC blows too high. Above 0.08 I think.

Last edited by Kalidian; 12-18-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:15 AM   #17
BigFoig
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post

Sorry had too.

Oh damn someone is mad as hell.

Anyways...

LOL

So I got an update from the OPP.

They said that they believe the driver wasn't actually the driver they pulled over.

In fact the driver and the passenger fled the vehicle when they stopped at the first townhouse complex and ran off and someone from inside the house came out and drove the vehicle away to where they got pulled over then.

But they believe the guy that took off was indeed a dui.

They are only pursuing the charges cause there is enough evidence for careless driving charge but not a dui, since the person they pulled over wasn't impaired.

The vehicle's registration address isn't even the same as the one they pulled into.

Oh and it's because the person admitted to being the driver of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #18
BigFoig
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
If you have ever been summoned to court, you would know that the money you get is almost a joke and doesn't even cover the gas it cost you to travel there.

You would have been better off to work for the day, but being a good citizen sometimes is worth it. i don't feel sorry at all for the woman if she really was drunk. If your caught drunk driving, you should loose your license indefinitely in my opinion.
Btw witness money was a joke. they literally give you pennies to attend trial.

even the opp officer said your fuel costs would probably be over 40 bucks considering the time you started following, the distance you had to drive to the opp office, the distance you had to drive home that night, the distance that you have to drive to court if it happens, and to drive back home.

Probably gonna cost around $50 bucks in fuel.

He said at most you will probably get back like $15 bucks.

So yea I'm loosing money but that's a small price to pay to get a dui or really shitty driver off our already crowded streets.

Oh and plus I would probably have to take time outta my day to attend that trial, i could be in class or working when they schedule the trial. I'm not getting paid overtime hourly like the cops are to attend trial either.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
Costa Rica

Quote:

So yea I'm loosing money but that's a small price to pay to get a dui or really shitty driver off our already crowded streets.

But what i gathered from the story was that no arrest or conviction of DUI was made? So in reality you didnt get a DUI driver off the street.

Also the fact you found it absolutely necessary to disclose the ladies race and go to the extent of following her home leads me to believe you didn't perform your civic duty. In fact it leads me to think you are just another troll with a camera following around other trolls trying to get them in trouble because you never got admitted to the police academy.

and no I'm not mad..I'm amused (thank you for that btw)
      12-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #20
shonuff
Second Lieutenant
Canada

Drives: E92 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780006

OP should report this street racing incident.. oh wait.. jk lol

p.s you did the right thing reporting the potential DUI.
      12-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #21
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
Costa Rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoig View Post
Btw witness money was a joke. they literally give you pennies to attend trial.

even the opp officer said your fuel costs would probably be over 40 bucks considering the time you started following, the distance you had to drive to the opp office, the distance you had to drive home that night, the distance that you have to drive to court if it happens, and to drive back home.

Probably gonna cost around $50 bucks in fuel.

He said at most you will probably get back like $15 bucks.

Oh and plus I would probably have to take time outta my day to attend that trial, i could be in class or working when they schedule the trial. I'm not getting paid overtime hourly like the cops are to attend trial either.
And the completely irrelevant "vtec kicked in yo" picture further demonstrates your trolling activities and for that my friend..YOU should be convicted
      12-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #22
KCX_335xi
Major

Drives: 2013 335xi e92 | 2013 e70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post

+1
Appreciate 0