E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Noobie question about interior LED



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-17-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Noobie question about interior LED

Hi Fellow Mmebers....

I've done a search but didn't find what I'm looking for.
My wife would like to get her 2011 BMW sportwagon interior lights more brighter. I know there are kits out there but I might do an ala carte deal to pick the brightest bulb for each application. Her eye sight is able to see better in cool white vs amber-like color.

Can anyone tell me what is the brightest LED bulb I can get for the following.

- 2 set of dome/map lights
- 2 vanity mirror lights
- 2 front footwell lights
- 2 rear footwell lights
- 2 courtesy door lights
- glovebox compartment light
- trunk light


THANK YOU!
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
rollinstone157
Brotographer
 
rollinstone157's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ, USA

Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
Hi Fellow Mmebers....

I've done a search but didn't find what I'm looking for.
My wife would like to get her 2011 BMW sportwagon interior lights more brighter. I know there are kits out there but I might do an ala carte deal to pick the brightest bulb for each application. Her eye sight is able to see better in cool white vs amber-like color.

Can anyone tell me what is the brightest LED bulb I can get for the following.

- 2 set of dome/map lights
- 2 vanity mirror lights
- 2 front footwell lights
- 2 rear footwell lights
- 2 courtesy door lights
- glovebox compartment light
- trunk light


THANK YOU!
The HighPerformanceBulbs.com kit is the way to go. They sell upgraded modules for the dome/map/trunk/under-door/footwells

email Fred sales [at] highperformancebulbs [dot] com and let them know rollinstone157/Rob Stone sent you, and tell him you want "The Ultimate" kit for an E91--modules everywhere you can.

Sucker will have nice, bright pure white light. I have it in my car right now and it's so even, and a perfect OEM white.
__________________
Reviews -|- HPB "Ultimate" LED Interior Kit -|- Noyka Cornering Bulbs -|- HPB 20W AE [OLD] -|- LUX H8 V4 -|- New Reviews Pending Vendor Approval
rollinstone157 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Rob. I'd like to get the brightest interior kit available thus wanting to do ala carte LED selection. But if you say this is the best and brightest, I'll take your word for it.
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
rollinstone157
Brotographer
 
rollinstone157's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ, USA

Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
Thanks Rob. I'd like to get the brightest interior kit available thus wanting to do ala carte LED selection. But if you say this is the best and brightest, I'll take your word for it.
Right, I understand wanting to do ala carte. But I assure you that it won't get any brighter than this, the new map light modules are brighter than anything you will be able to get from eBay b/c they were custom designed to fit the E9x map light housings. Ditto with the dome light module replacements.

And the courtesy/footwell/trunk light replacements actually replace the entire plastic light module (rather than just the bulbs inside) for a much brighter--yet far more even--light distribution. It's very OEM looking, not at all "spotty" like you can see with some PnP bulbs.

My kit's been running for quite a while now without a hitch.
__________________
Reviews -|- HPB "Ultimate" LED Interior Kit -|- Noyka Cornering Bulbs -|- HPB 20W AE [OLD] -|- LUX H8 V4 -|- New Reviews Pending Vendor Approval
rollinstone157 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Right, I understand wanting to do ala carte. But I assure you that it won't get any brighter than this, the new map light modules are brighter than anything you will be able to get from eBay b/c they were custom designed to fit the E9x map light housings. Ditto with the dome light module replacements.

And the courtesy/footwell/trunk light replacements actually replace the entire plastic light module (rather than just the bulbs inside) for a much brighter--yet far more even--light distribution. It's very OEM looking, not at all "spotty" like you can see with some PnP bulbs.

My kit's been running for quite a while now without a hitch.
Thanks RollingStone!

My order is placed with HPB! :-)

Can I ask you to direct me to the V-LED reverse lights that you used?

Are you happy with your HPB 20W angel eyes? And what do you mean by lots of coding?
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
VMRWheels's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 12,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 5 Series  [3.30]
Amber-like is warm white. Almost halogen in color but not quite. I'm not trying to push you one way or the other but I have extremely bright ones in my car. So bright I had to diffuse the light so it's not so ridiculously blinding. Looks good when you look at your car from outside but when you're inside, it's like you're at the dentist.
__________________
VMRWheels is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #7
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Help!

How do I remove the rear dome light and the trunk cargo light???
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
UndergroundEuros
Banned
 
Drives: 335I Alphina White
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,222
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12345
Help!

How do I remove the rear dome light and the trunk cargo light???
We carry a super bright kit as well.

You do not remove trunk cargo.
UndergroundEuros is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
fresh_LA
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 364
iTrader: (4)

Just purchased the interior LED kit from e92-lighting...

Couldn't be happier!
fresh_LA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
E92-Lighting
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
E92-Lighting's Avatar
 
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Walnut

Posts: 25,853
iTrader: (317)

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_LA View Post
Just purchased the interior LED kit from e92-lighting...

Couldn't be happier!
thanks for the support and please check PM for tracking updates.
__________________
E92-Lighting is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
anthonyisdank
Private
 
Drives: E92 328 / 840ci / g35 / 190SL
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Would you be able to tell me how to switch the housing for my dome light. I checked it with brand new bulbs and it still wont turn on so the only thing I can think of is that the housing when bad. Thanks for the help
anthonyisdank is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #12
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyisdank View Post
Would you be able to tell me how to switch the housing for my dome light. I checked it with brand new bulbs and it still wont turn on so the only thing I can think of is that the housing when bad. Thanks for the help
Removing the interior trim sucks. That was the hardest part of the entire DIY.
Make sure you get the right tools for interior trim removal
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,699
iTrader: (18)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyisdank View Post
Would you be able to tell me how to switch the housing for my dome light. I checked it with brand new bulbs and it still wont turn on so the only thing I can think of is that the housing when bad. Thanks for the help
you either need to swap the bulb around or you broke one of the metal pieces inside the bulb carrier. You have to buy a new one, about $3-4, I broke two of mine before.
__________________

EUROPROJEKTZ|XstheticMotorsports|Elite02Creation
SpeedElement|WrongFitmentCrew#392
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST