E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Has Shiv Encountered A Problem With V2.0?

08-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #23
Vikingus
Nothing to see here folks

Drives: 335i Coupe

I didn't follow the progress of V2. How much gain should we expect hp and torque wise?
      08-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #24
psu139
First Lieutenant

Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingus View Post
I didn't follow the progress of V2. How much gain should we expect hp and torque wise?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=marketing

Its a pretty good amount
      08-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #25
Vikingus
Nothing to see here folks

Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psu139 View Post
oh. my. god.
      08-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #26
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingus View Post
oh. my. god.
What? Are you typing while experiencing PROcede for the first time?
      08-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #27
therealm3
Major

Drives: F30 335 Msport, E70 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Actually, we just picked up a new project car a few days ago (lamborghini gallardo ) so we've been a little preoccupied with baseline testing. As for v2, is essentially done. Just waiting on some components for the v2 update harness because we are well aware of the problems that will rise if we don't have enough to go around. And even still, there is no way that we'll be able to ship everyone's update kit out at once.

-shiv
So, as I sit in my cubicle at work bored to death of SQL code I read this post where Shiv "gets" to work on (have fun with) Lambo's, BMW's, Porsches, etc. ; and begin to question my career path... Anyone else feel the same?

Keep up the good work Shiv.

Sorry for the OT post, but I could not contain my jealousy
      08-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #28
Insider
Captain

Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Actually, we just picked up a new project car a few days ago (lamborghini gallardo ) so we've been a little preoccupied with baseline testing. As for v2, is essentially done. Just waiting on some components for the v2 update harness because we are well aware of the problems that will rise if we don't have enough to go around. And even still, there is no way that we'll be able to ship everyone's update kit out at once.

-shiv
When can we expect the 100 octane dyno to be posted?
      08-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #29
qbert65536

Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Hi all!

My first post, been reading the forum for a while though, couple questions.

Im pretty sure I won't, but will I need V1.x to get V2 of procede ?

Is their a way to preorder, the sales department at vishnu sucks.

Have any of you proceder's yet had a wreck :P .

Really I'm after some way of not voiding my warranty, or just making sure BMW never finds out its chipped.

Thanks!
First Time Posting Charlie
      08-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #30
David@Vishnu

Drives: that train

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert65536 View Post
Hi all!

Really I'm after some way of not voiding my warranty, or just making sure BMW never finds out its chipped.

Thanks!
In the short term yes you will need ver1.x because current users will get the update first and will be some time before PROcedes ship with just version 2.0 installed.
      08-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #31
normtrum
Colonel

Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Hi all!

Thanks!
Gee, 3 minute reply. Ya they really suck don't they. Also, procede isn't a chip. Also, how is getting into a wreck associated with procede. Also, if you don't want to void your warranty then don't do anything to your car. Also, welcome to the forum. I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@Vishnu View Post
In the short term yes you will need ver1.x because current users will get the update first and will be some time before PROcedes ship with just version 2.0 installed.
      08-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #32
slubu
Never Go Full Retard

Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
Shiv said: "We haven't even come close to fully enhancing the 2000-3000rpm torque output yet. We will see that part of the curve fill out nicely."
Does this mean they will do this for the upcoming v2.0 or is this something even more into the future?
      08-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #33
qbert65536

Thanks normtrum you've completely turned me off of this forum. I'm glad I don't have any real investment in it.
      08-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #34
jhv
Lieutenant General

Drives: Every Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dascamel View Post
Group hug...
lol
jhv is offline   No_Country
      08-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #35
normtrum
Colonel

Quote:
Thanks normtrum you've completely turned me off of this forum. I'm glad I don't have any real investment in it.
Well, I guess I could have toned it down a bit. I thought it was a little harsh on your part to throw out a blanket statement like "vishnu sales dept sucks", without any kind of explanation. Especially on your first post. Vishnu has done a lot for this forum in the way of customer support, so that bugged me a little. I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for running you out of this forum. I did say "welcome", albeit in a less then cordial way.
      08-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #36
Lee Rambler
Captain

Drives: 07 e92 335 6mt, 04 e53 x5 4.4

just because there was a 3 minute reply to this forum doesn't mean he got instant (or any from the sound of it) service when he called. I think they do a great job on this forum. It's their pet though. Not saying they haven't taken care of people who call or email them, but from some of the posts I've seen (and my own personal experience) it could be the case - at least sometimes. my point is, give the new guy a break.
Lee Rambler is offline   United_States
      08-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #37
normtrum
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Rambler View Post
just because there was a 3 minute reply to this forum doesn't mean he got instant (or any from the sound of it) service when he called. I think they do a great job on this forum. It's their pet though. Not saying they haven't taken care of people who call or email them, but from some of the posts I've seen (and my own personal experience) it could be the case - at least sometimes. my point is, give the new guy a break.
I just did. We crossed posts.
      08-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #38
Lee Rambler
Captain

Drives: 07 e92 335 6mt, 04 e53 x5 4.4

sorry then
Lee Rambler is offline   United_States
      08-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #39
normtrum
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Rambler View Post
sorry then
Accepted.
      08-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #40
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnj View Post
Don't slap Shiv. That will just slow him down even more. Let's just everybody wish together that he would be able to launch V2.0.
the slap was certainly not intended for shiv! Rather the OP
      08-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #41
qbert65536

I should have qualified it with 'when calling into vishnu'. It seems clear they farm out their phone sales to a shop that just sells others products. I was mad when i could follow along with what she was telling me verbatim from off the website.

Indeed these forums are a great source of information and a way to ask questions to procede folks and get a response, I wasn't trying to knock procede, only their phone in sales department.

I'm still on the fence as to wether or not to order v1 or wait for when it ships straight with v2, I've been salivating over it for so long!
      08-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #42
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Drives: X1, 335i

Quote:
I should have qualified it with 'when calling into vishnu'. It seems clear they farm out their phone sales to a shop that just sells others products. I was mad when i could follow along with what she was telling me verbatim from off the website.

Indeed these forums are a great source of information and a way to ask questions to procede folks and get a response, I wasn't trying to knock procede, only their phone in sales department.

I'm still on the fence as to wether or not to order v1 or wait for when it ships straight with v2, I've been salivating over it for so long!
Due to overwhelming call volume, all missed calls (for when all our in-house phone lines are busy, for instance) get forwarded to an answering service. They are good folks but expecting them to be able to answer things that are not on the script is a bit unfair. That is why we have a 'call back request' form that you can fill out on the website. You will usually receive call back from either dustin, calvin or myself within that same very day. Just fill out what your question is and we'll have the appropriate person call you back. I think its a pretty good deal.

Shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
      08-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #43
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:

There is absolutely NO benefit to waiting for v2 to come standard. 1.47 is f'n awesome and when v2 comes it will be that much better!! I know this is a common practice with technology (wait for the latest release) but in this case, it's absolutely pointless and you will be missing out on the greatest product for the N54 for THAT much longer; that's all waiting will get you.
      08-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #44
CaptOz
Captain

Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
.........And even still, there is no way that we'll be able to ship everyone's update kit out at once.
The demand will surely outstrip supply.

Shiv I believe it will be easier to ship V2 alphabetically. Let’s see now….hmmmm….Australia.

Cheers.
CaptOz is offline   Australia