E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Police in Luton

12-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
jimmylimmy
Captain

Drives: 'charged VXR8

I agree, but you would hope if he saw the shit hitting the fan, he would ignore that.

A mate of mine is a cameraman and has worked in Iraq and Afghanistan and has said that he feels detached when filming as he is watching through a viewfinder/screen and it doesn't seem real, even though it is happening right in front of him, his security bod having to pull him back from stepping out into or standing up when he shouldnt do etc
      12-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylimmy View Post
I agree, but you would hope if he saw the shit hitting the fan, he would ignore that.

A mate of mine is a cameraman and has worked in Iraq and Afghanistan and has said that he feels detached when filming as he is watching through a viewfinder/screen and it doesn't seem real, even though it is happening right in front of him, his security bod having to pull him back from stepping out into or standing up when he shouldnt do etc
Well there you have it. A first hand account of what a cameraman is thinking. He is a documentarian and fundamentally, is not supposed to be involved.

Does David Attenborough shoo the common seagulls away from newly hatched turtles? No. He just documents what takes place.

On the day that the cameraman is there to save the police officer, we lose the purpose of the program - which is in fact to document what REALLY happens to coppers.

Matt
RagingKileak is offline   United Kingdom
      12-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #25
quattrogmbh
Captain

Drives: BMW

Amazing restraint by the other officer. He wasn't taking head shots at him.

The problem with public intervention is that they are the ones in this country which would probably end up charged and in court..
      12-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
SO8
Captain

Drives: Z4 35iS

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrogmbh View Post
Amazing restraint by the other officer. He wasn't taking head shots at him.

The problem with public intervention is that they are the ones in this country which would probably end up charged and in court..
Glad the guys were OK in the end ... very unpleasant though.

I was a uniform copper for 20 years ... until 4 years ago when I moved to plain clothes ....

You try and detain people ... it is not in 99% of police officers make up to punch people back ... contrary to what many may think ! If you punch wrong it ends up hurting you and looks bad on camera

I got hurt back in 1992 after a prisoner tried to get away from me when I caught him in the act of stealing a car.

I didn't puch him though he was having a good go at me ... He got a silly low fine of something like 50 ... I still have the back injury today !!

The only satisfaction I had was smacking his head into a lamp post and then into a parked cars rear tailgate as he continued to try and fight .... so at least I did cause him a bit of pain along the way I just didn't feel right punching him when in uniform - it is really silly that I thought that ... but your mind works in funny ways when things go wrong - I remember it like it was yesterday as I was more worried if I damaged the parked car it would mean more paperwork ...
      12-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
JTMR360
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 2008 335d M Sport

What a load of bullsh1t!

As said in the debrief afterwards, the guy was in such a position that allowed him to have a good amount of leverage which was enough to get the two officer soft balance giving him the upper hand.

Poorly trained, I wish I could take you through PST, you can see the amount of stuff your taught that works, in theory but can be less effective with the constantly changing environment and situations that police officers are faced with every day.

As I'm sure we all know, many fights do end up on the ground and the bald officer was well within his rights to punch the detained person in self defence because the violence was escalated by the detained person as he tried to escape and resist the arrest.

I'm pretty sure that the only thing stopping him from punching the detained person was the fact that cameras were everywhere and this would have again been twisted into police brutality by people who do not have a clue.

The punch is a recognised defence technique in PST although it does not look good in the public eye but ask yourself this, what would you do?

It is an absolute disgrace that not one bystander got involved to help but that's to be expected in this day an age where people are too quick to criticise and poison peoples oppinions of ordinary people who go out of their ways to make the place we live in safer. Like me.

Why don't you try it for your self.......

Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
I dunno,

Why is everyone defending what happened? Everyone knows this is the world we live in, the guy wasn't even carrying a gun or knife or other weapon just a key and bike full of weed.

And maybe it sounds harsh but these 2 were novices straight up, I mean seriously. How could that have gone any worse? Ok maybe they are better than that and maybe they let their defense down for the camera.

But seriously?

All it showed was the coppers could easily be beaten in that scenario, they weren't able to over power him or put fear in him. They looked amateurish and started panicking and apologizing all over the place.

I mean if I was the biker id probably come out of the nick and jump straight on my bike again. I got nothing to lose and I nearly won.

What happened to all the hardcore training? and where are their night sticks? have they swapped them for CS gas now? I mean the copper basically sprayed his own partner wtf.

When will they get more powers to enforce the law better?

The video does not only highlight what the police face everyday in terms of crime, but illustrates in vivid detail how under equipped and in this particular case undertrained they are?

Scenario, Biker carries on riding down tot he road to an estate and stop at what appears to be a dead end. Coppers give chase and then find out they are surrounded by 6 maybe 7 gang members.

Game over.
JTMR360 is offline   United Kingdom
      12-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #28
scooba0010
Colonel

Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

What a carry on ,I am shocked by the way at first they are going to call for a police helicopter for what a bike maybe speeding and how it all unravels, The poor guy that got keyed is to nice . The moment he kicked off should have done the fucker with his truncheon bosh !

The problem is they want to be matey and like this guy took advantage and tbh the camera crew was probs with them because they would make good film material

Lets hope the two of them have learned something as it could of been far worse.
scooba0010 is offline   United Kingdom
      12-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #29
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMR360 View Post
What a load of bullsh1t!

As said in the debrief afterwards, the guy was in such a position that allowed him to have a good amount of leverage which was enough to get the two officer soft balance giving him the upper hand.

Poorly trained, I wish I could take you through PST, you can see the amount of stuff your taught that works, in theory but can be less effective with the constantly changing environment and situations that police officers are faced with every day.

As I'm sure we all know, many fights do end up on the ground and the bald officer was well within his rights to punch the detained person in self defence because the violence was escalated by the detained person as he tried to escape and resist the arrest.

I'm pretty sure that the only thing stopping him from punching the detained person was the fact that cameras were everywhere and this would have again been twisted into police brutality by people who do not have a clue.

The punch is a recognised defence technique in PST although it does not look good in the public eye but ask yourself this, what would you do?

It is an absolute disgrace that not one bystander got involved to help but that's to be expected in this day an age where people are too quick to criticise and poison peoples oppinions of ordinary people who go out of their ways to make the place we live in safer. Like me.

Why don't you try it for your self.......

Enough said.
Are you for real?

All I said was the the video came across as amateurs. They handled the situation poorly. Was stating it exactly how it is?

Are you one of the people in the video?
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
      12-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #30
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
How it should have been handled:

Now thats what I want to see..... That is two officers taking control!!

That guy was BIIIIGGG and they slammed him down.. No ounce of apprehension at all...

Not like the original video.
      12-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #31
JTMR360
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 2008 335d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
Are you for real?

All I said was the the video came across as amateurs. They handled the situation poorly. Was stating it exactly how it is?

Are you one of the people in the video?
In the video no, doing the same job yes, facing the same threats, yes.

Poorly handled, well, it's very easy for you to say from your sofa watching TV.

In real life, well, let's hope you don't have to try and handle a situation like that hey, it's not easy or nice.

I didn't mean any offence, its just annoying when people who have little to no idea about that type of thing sit back and suggest it was handled badly.

Police officers are not super hero's, they are ordinary people, each of which behave differently under different conditions.
JTMR360 is offline   United Kingdom
      12-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMR360 View Post
In the video no, doing the same job yes, facing the same threats, yes.

Poorly handled, well, it's very easy for you to say from your sofa watching TV.

In real life, well, let's hope you don't have to try and handle a situation like that hey, it's not easy or nice.

I didn't mean any offence, its just annoying when people who have little to no idea about that type of thing sit back and suggest it was handled badly.

Police officers are not super hero's, they are ordinary people, each of which behave differently under different conditions.
LOL. Fair play.
Just out of curiosity what makes you think I am not in that position or haven't already been? Thus instead of commenting aww no one helped, actually looked at the situation and saw how poorly it was handled?

I actually said its clearly visible that the police are overwhelmed. Clearly someone needs to look at what actually happened.

A biker who was carrying drugs managed to almost overwhelm two police officers who used pepper spray.

Then at one point there was a dozen police officers at the scene for essentially was a kid on a bike.

No one ever attacked the police force. I certainly didn't.

You assumed.

Which made an ASS out of U and ME.

A_P is offline   United Kingdom