E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Axle back exhaust 335, E91 only



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
OB
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i E91, fbo e60
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Axle back exhaust 335, E91 only

Looking for a nice axle back exhaust for my 335 E91 -07. Dual Tip 3-4".

Been looking at both Eisenmann and Akrapovic, but they are a bit pricy.
Would be great to find a set w/o paying 2-3k.


Suggestions and actual experiences?

thx
OB is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
 
Mahhvinn's Avatar
 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

Posts: 7,894
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Hks and vanguard are good ones. Also, the Autobahn Exotics(AE) is a really popular one. Good luck OP.
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
OB
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i E91, fbo e60
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn
Hks and vanguard are good ones. Also, the Autobahn Exotics(AE) is a really popular one. Good luck OP.
Thx Mahhvinn. Haven't seen one for e91 though..
__________________
OB is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Axle-backs:
  • UUC/Corsa
  • BMW PE (used)
  • Remus (sport or race versions like the Eisenmann)
  • Rogue Engineering
  • Billy Boat
  • Muffler Delete (the "budget" axle-back exhaust)
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
OB
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i E91, fbo e60
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Great with the input guys, thx. Unfortunately the axle-backs mentioned above is not made for e91, i.e. the wagon.

Anyone that knows of one that actually fits the e91 wagon?
OB is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OB View Post
Great with the input guys, thx. Unfortunately the axle-backs mentioned above is not made for e91, i.e. the wagon.

Anyone that knows of one that actually fits the e91 wagon?
Any of the axle-backs will work, just make sure whoever installs the exhaust measures right. Unlike a full exhaust (where the midpipe routing & length may vary), an axle-back is basically a muffler replacement. Since you're maintaing the OEM midpiping, you basically just need to determine how much of the OEM connecting pipe you need to leave so everything lines up properly.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #7
OB
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i E91, fbo e60
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Any of the axle-backs will work, just make sure whoever installs the exhaust measures right. Unlike a full exhaust (where the midpipe routing & length may vary), an axle-back is basically a muffler replacement. Since you're maintaing the OEM midpiping, you basically just need to determine how much of the OEM connecting pipe you need to leave so everything lines up properly.
That's great news, thx. I'm really no mechanic so just assumed that they didn't fit the wagon since e91 is next to never stated in the fitting information for the axle-backs.

Now I just need to find the one that gives best bang for the buck.
OB is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 04:10 AM   #8
boostaholic786
Lieutenant
 
boostaholic786's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 JB4 G5 ISO RB's FBO+40%E85
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: irving tx

Posts: 554
iTrader: (0)

Well the best bang for your buck would be a muffler delete. It actually sounds good if you put a set of vibrant resonators or any resonator for that matter. Now if you have catless downpipes, secondary cat delete and muffler delete, then its going to sound way to loud and raspy. But just cutting off the muffler with the stock downpipes and secondary cats is def the best bang for your buck. it also = less restriction for the turbos.
__________________
A/W E92 335i M-sport with JB4 G5 ISO/ E40 WEDGE PERFORMANCE BACKEND FLASH, Alpina TCU flash for AT/Switch-tronic +AR Downpipes, Stett gen 1 intake, Wagner-Tuning FMIC+RB Turbo setup/ RB PCV Valve+ Akro exhaust+60% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW coilovers, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@119mph on street tires) NO METH!
boostaholic786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #9
OB
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i E91, fbo e60
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic786
Well the best bang for your buck would be a muffler delete. It actually sounds good if you put a set of vibrant resonators or any resonator for that matter. Now if you have catless downpipes, secondary cat delete and muffler delete, then its going to sound way to loud and raspy. But just cutting off the muffler with the stock downpipes and secondary cats is def the best bang for your buck. it also = less restriction for the turbos.
Cheers. I'm getting an axle-back for both sound and the larger tips. Of course it's easy to just get larger tips if it's only a matter of apperance..

I already have cl dps waiting to get mounted, lol.
__________________
OB is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
axle back, e91 exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST