E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > FS: Vibrant 7100 HFC for midpipe (secondary cat replacement)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
parky1215
Major
 
parky1215's Avatar
 
Drives: Lucy, F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 1,252
iTrader: (11)

FS: Vibrant 7100 HFC for midpipe (secondary cat replacement)

I have two Vibrant 7100 high flow cats for sale.
These cats replace restrictive factory secondary cats (cut and weld required).

I put these on my factory midpipe during thanksgiving week and used it for 300 miles.
Then I decided to buy ETS full exhaust during black friday sale.

Price: $185 shipped or $170 local pick up

PM me with any question.

Thank you,

Specification:
Inlet Diameter - 2.25"
Outlet Diameter - 2.25"
Outer Shell Size - 5.25" O.D.
100% Stainless Steel construction
Metal Monolith is much more resistant to the effects of vibration than traditional ceramic bricks.
Capable of withstanding higher operating temperatures.
300 cell per Sq. Inch catalyst flows at 578 CFM, up to 40% better than a typical ceramic core converter.
Suitable for use on engines up to 5.0L
50,000 Mile Limited Warranty







parky1215 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
parky1215
Major
 
parky1215's Avatar
 
Drives: Lucy, F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 1,252
iTrader: (11)

bump
parky1215 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
parky1215
Major
 
parky1215's Avatar
 
Drives: Lucy, F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 1,252
iTrader: (11)

bump
parky1215 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

Ill buy your stock cats if you decide to keep these, or do these pass state ref/ smog requirements?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
parky1215
Major
 
parky1215's Avatar
 
Drives: Lucy, F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 1,252
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
Ill buy your stock cats if you decide to keep these, or do these pass state ref/ smog requirements?
you will pass emission regardless you have no cat or high flow cat on midpipe as long as you have stock downpipe.

if you are catless with dpfix or tune, you should be able to pass smog with these cats on midpipe when smog law changes next year.
parky1215 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
you will pass emission regardless you have no cat or high flow cat on midpipe as long as you have stock downpipe.

if you are catless with dpfix or tune, you should be able to pass smog with these cats on midpipe when smog law changes next year.
Are these only for turbo cars or will it fit on any? When I was refering to the smog and ref test, I meant the sniffer part where they test the amount of carbon being released from your car
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
parky1215
Major
 
parky1215's Avatar
 
Drives: Lucy, F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 1,252
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
Are these only for turbo cars or will it fit on any? When I was refering to the smog and ref test, I meant the sniffer part where they test the amount of carbon being released from your car
These are univesal. They can be fit to any pipe that is 2.25 in diameter.
Starting 2013, california smog test wont include tailpipe test. They will just do visual and obd check.
parky1215 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
These are univesal. They can be fit to any pipe that is 2.25 in diameter.
Starting 2013, california smog test wont include tailpipe test. They will just do visual and obd check.
O.O thank you for telling me this. So no more sniffer huh?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #9
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

Quick question, isn't it illegal to have a muffler shop throw on a used cat on your car just as much as straight pipe your car for you? I just don't want the muffler shop to bitch to me about how they "can't" do it even if they did do my cat delete for me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #10
parky1215
Major
 
parky1215's Avatar
 
Drives: Lucy, F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 1,252
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
Quick question, isn't it illegal to have a muffler shop throw on a used cat on your car just as much as straight pipe your car for you? I just don't want the muffler shop to bitch to me about how they "can't" do it even if they did do my cat delete for me
It is pretty much illegal to do anything to non-defective factory cats in california.
I am not sure about other states.
It is also hard to purchase this in california because vendors cannot ship these to california address.

You will just have to find performance shop that can weld. Place that can install catless downpipe will not mind welding this to midpipe.
parky1215 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
It is pretty much illegal to do anything to non-defective factory cats in california.
I am not sure about other states.
It is also hard to purchase this in california because vendors cannot ship these to california address.

You will just have to find performance shop that can weld. Place that can install catless downpipe will not mind welding this to midpipe.
Thanks for the heads up, ill check up with my muffler shop and see what they say
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST