E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Will evo X brembos fit on e92s?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Slavo335i
Second Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: Bmw 335i Couple AW/CR
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago


Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Will evo X brembos fit on e92s?

will the evo x brembos fit on our e92s and if so what is necessary to do everyhting? or is it a special bbk kit only for our cars??
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
93

 
Slow_335i's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Peoria IL


Posts: 2,493
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [3.32]
Yeah the glue right on up.

Just make sure you use gorilla glue and clean he surface really well.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Slavo335i
Second Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: Bmw 335i Couple AW/CR
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago


Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Angry

ok i will sure do that thanks ..... LMFAO: bulge:
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Slavo335i
Second Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: Bmw 335i Couple AW/CR
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago


Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_335i View Post
Yeah the glue right on up.

Just make sure you use gorilla glue and clean he surface really well.

and il make sure to break check you hard if i ever see you and make you pay for my mtech rear bumbper
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
93

 
Slow_335i's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Peoria IL


Posts: 2,493
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [3.32]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavo335i View Post
and il make sure to break check you hard if i ever see you and make you pay for my mtech rear bumbper
Sounds like insurance fraud and now since you said that on a public forum it's public knowledge so if that happens to you I hope you denied coverage.

Merry Christmas!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
14

 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA


Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

In theory you can make it fit. but it's probably way more effort than its worth.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
DSB335d
Lieutenant
29

 
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West palm beach


Posts: 557
iTrader: (0)

If you have the capability to R&D your own custom brake caliper brackets, and make them yourself; then yeah it might be worth it if you can get some new/used calipers for cheap.

I wanted to do that myself when I used to work for VW as the Touareg SUV uses some huge 6pot Brembo calipers that are the same as found on the Audi Q7 & Porsche Cayenne... I could buy brand new calipers for a pretty decent price from the parts department. How do I make it work properly though? So it never happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Slavo335i
Second Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: Bmw 335i Couple AW/CR
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago


Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_335i View Post
Sounds like insurance fraud and now since you said that on a public forum it's public knowledge so if that happens to you I hope you denied coverage.

Merry Christmas!
Youd still pay your deductible
$$ coming out of your pocket hahahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB335d View Post
If you have the capability to R&D your own custom brake caliper brackets, and make them yourself; then yeah it might be worth it if you can get some new/used calipers for cheap.

I wanted to do that myself when I used to work for VW as the Touareg SUV uses some huge 6pot Brembo calipers that are the same as found on the Audi Q7 & Porsche Cayenne... I could buy brand new calipers for a pretty decent price from the parts department. How do I make it work properly though? So it never happened.
i can get new evo x brembos very cheap just thinking if anyone has ever did this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
In theory you can make it fit. but it's probably way more effort than its worth.
i want to try it out!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
14

 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA


Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

I dont think anyone has done it, and like mentioned above, you'll have to R&D an adapter bracket for the caliper to fit. But if you have the access and the time, go for it. Hell you can probably create yourself a little niche selling it as a "cheap bbk" or something.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST