E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > DSC Malfunction



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
GAaaAR
Captain
10
Rep
663
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

DSC Malfunction

I've been having the DSC Malfunction intermittently. The one that looks like

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1233815862 .


I'll eventually fix this but I'm out of warranty right now. Are there any negatives driving with this on other than just not having stability control? I figure if I just drive carefully whenever this comes on I should be ok right?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Kolyan2k
Brigadier General
60
Rep
3,962
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 S2000
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Why not just get it fixed?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
GAaaAR
Captain
10
Rep
663
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Why not just get it fixed?
Its a pricey fix and I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer to see if I can fix this myself.

So does anyone know if there are any drawbacks to leaving this issue alone as long as I drive carefully?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
Kolyan2k
Brigadier General
60
Rep
3,962
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 S2000
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR View Post
Its a pricey fix and I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer to see if I can fix this myself.

So does anyone know if there are any drawbacks to leaving this issue alone as long as I drive carefully?
You already know how much it will cost and what exactly is wrong?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
GAaaAR
Captain
10
Rep
663
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
You already know how much it will cost and what exactly is wrong?
I'm sure it'll cost $1000+. I'm just trying to get confirmation that all I'm losing is stability control and no other drawbacks. Can someone confirm?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
Kolyan2k
Brigadier General
60
Rep
3,962
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 S2000
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR View Post
I'm sure it'll cost $1000+. I'm just trying to get confirmation that all I'm losing is stability control and no other drawbacks. Can someone confirm?
lol, what makes you so sure ? G-sensor, Steering angle sensor, etc, all can result in DSC light and are relatively cheap to fix. All you need is get the error code from computer
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
622
Posts

 
Drives: '08 JB E92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Beach

iTrader: (9)

no way of telling unless you get the codes read.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
achien
AC
Canada
28
Rep
2,378
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR
I've been having the DSC Malfunction intermittently. The one that looks like

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1233815862 .


I'll eventually fix this but I'm out of warranty right now. Are there any negatives driving with this on other than just not having stability control? I figure if I just drive carefully whenever this comes on I should be ok right?
Best thing that could have happened. Most people in this forum try to turn this off automatically.
__________________
Your Supreme Leader
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST