E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Turbo Turner with UR Downpipes?

08-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
lee71

Drives: Black Metallic 335i sedan

Turbo Turner with UR Downpipes?

Jeff,

Any issues or concerns with getting the Ultimate Racing downpipes installed interacting with the Turbo Turner. I called split second and they cautioned against it since only stock 335i's were used for beta testing.

I certainly wouldn't want faulty codes going off all the time (the way Dinan s/w did on my 330i !!!!)

Lee

p.s. ticket or no ticket...I'm keeping my TT. Extra boost is too much fun!
      08-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
bmwzimmer
Major

Drives: 335

KABOOM!!!

possibly....

Then again it does work fine with an Exhaust....
      08-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
astris
Captain

Drives: 2005 M3

Hears the real question...

If you looking for more power, why did you choose Turbo Tuner? Most choose it because ease of install/removal and price.

You now want to add downpipes (expensive and difficult install for most). Doesn't that kinda defeat the advantages of Turbo Tuner? I would guess that a simple switch to Procede or Active Xede would yield as much, if not more power than Turbo Tuner + plus downpipes. It would also be a hell of a lot easier. My two pennies.
      08-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
lee71

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Hears the real question...

If you looking for more power, why did you choose Turbo Tuner? Most choose it because ease of install/removal and price.

You now want to add downpipes (expensive and difficult install for most). Doesn't that kinda defeat the advantages of Turbo Tuner? I would guess that a simple switch to Procede or Active Xede would yield as much, if not more power than Turbo Tuner + plus downpipes. It would also be a hell of a lot easier. My two pennies.

Kid in a candy store syndrom...I like new toys...maybe I'll just get UR's catback with 4 inch tips...yes...this is taking my mid-life crisis mobile to the obscene...but I don't have a wife draining my wallet....why not???
      08-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
astris
Captain

Drives: 2005 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee71 View Post
Kid in a candy store syndrom...I like new toys...maybe I'll just get UR's catback with 4 inch tips...yes...this is taking my mid-life crisis mobile to the obscene...but I don't have a wife draining my wallet....why not???
I see no reason why not to get them ... just saying if you are looking for max hp gains, one of the other tuning options would have been the way to go.

Sell the TT, buy Procede or Xede. Less money overall, a lot easier to install. Plus, you can always add the downpipes later (with a downpipe specific map, which Turbo Tuner does not offer).
      08-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain

Drives: European

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee71 View Post
I know what you are saying Lee. WE keep playing around with ways to make more Safe power From what I understand of what a down pipe does, I personally see no problem running a TT with the down pipe kit. In fact I would expect a nice little bump in power.

WE now have our plasma coil packs available as well for the 335. We have not dyno tested that set up yet on a 335 but several people have already jumped on it so I expect to see some results soon. I can say that on a recent test on a mustang gt the coils added over 9HP and that was not on a FI engine!

Over in Japan we tested a set on a Suby WRX and it made 14HP! So I am expecting similar results on the 335. Not too mention the nice increase gas mileage you get by burning all the fuel in the cylinders!

Jeff
Eurobahn Automotive Group
Jeff@Eurobahn.us is offline   United_States
      08-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #7
lee71

how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Eurobahn.us View Post
I know what you are saying Lee. WE keep playing around with ways to make more Safe power From what I understand of what a down pipe does, I personally see no problem running a TT with the down pipe kit. In fact I would expect a nice little bump in power.

WE now have our plasma coil packs available as well for the 335. We have not dyno tested that set up yet on a 335 but several people have already jumped on it so I expect to see some results soon. I can say that on a recent test on a mustang gt the coils added over 9HP and that was not on a FI engine!

Over in Japan we tested a set on a Suby WRX and it made 14HP! So I am expecting similar results on the 335. Not too mention the nice increase gas mileage you get by burning all the fuel in the cylinders!

Jeff
Eurobahn Automotive Group

How much does it cost and approx how long for a professional install?

Thanks Jeff!

Lee

335i + TT + UR exhaust + UR downpipes + plasma coil packs + Spearco intercooler = and a voided warranty.