E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Guess who's back to modding...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #23
niiCk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

lol nice BBS LM reps!
niiCk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

aight guys so the wheels are CCW Classic Race in 18x10" front and 18x11.5" rear. Dropped on BC 'Extreme Drop' coilovers with LTMW front lip, BMR angel eyes and gloss black grilles. I'm tossing up whether or not to wrap the roof.. thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
nice! yes the LTW lips looks exactly the same as the Exotic Tunings, can't really see the difference from the photo.

OMFG, what offset are you running on these wheels? are these BBS LM rep?
Yeh the lip is the same style full lip. Pretty happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
out of curiosity, r u actually rubbing the arc?
In a word.. yes. Not much though actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
I wonder how these will hold up on Putty Rd? I remember you had amazing grip with your CSL reps... can these match it?
easy bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I think I saw those rims on an nimbus around the corner
wow you were allowed out of the house to go around the corner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by niiCk View Post
lol nice BBS LM reps!
come look now man theyre pretty nice
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #25
pavo335
Banned
 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90
aight guys so the wheels are CCW Classic Race in 18x10" front and 18x11.5" rear. Dropped on BC 'Extreme Drop' coilovers with LTMW front lip, BMR angel eyes and gloss black grilles. I'm tossing up whether or not to wrap the roof.. thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
nice! yes the LTW lips looks exactly the same as the Exotic Tunings, can't really see the difference from the photo.

OMFG, what offset are you running on these wheels? are these BBS LM rep?
Yeh the lip is the same style full lip. Pretty happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
out of curiosity, r u actually rubbing the arc?
In a word.. yes. Not much though actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
I wonder how these will hold up on Putty Rd? I remember you had amazing grip with your CSL reps... can these match it?
easy bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I think I saw those rims on an nimbus around the corner
wow you were allowed out of the house to go around the corner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by niiCk View Post
lol nice BBS LM reps!
come look now man theyre pretty nice
Yeh I saw it while hanging out the washing.
pavo335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #26
niiCk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post

come look now man theyre pretty nice
i shall, i shall.
hows it drive? driveable? sideways up a hump? hahaha
niiCk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #27
niiCk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

ps, i have some carbon wrap enough to wrap the roof lol
niiCk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #28
woosh
Colonel
 
woosh's Avatar
 
Drives: Canyonero SUV
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,155
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
easy bro.
okay bro.

Nick, did you help Suj get the BC's? I can see your influence in the car already, haha.
woosh is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #29
niiCk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
okay bro.

Nick, did you help Suj get the BC's? I can see your influence in the car already, haha.
Lol semi, just told him where i bought them from.
ps. what are you riding in nowadays?
niiCk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #30
Rob32R
Banned
 
Drives: 530i/VW R32/E70 X5
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 315
iTrader: (0)

Yeah definitely do the roof in gloss black Suj. Are you doing it DIY, Carbon Demon or Smog Car Wraps?

Keen to see the results once done.




Last edited by Rob32R; 01-04-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Rob32R is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #31
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niiCk View Post
i shall, i shall.
hows it drive? driveable? sideways up a hump? hahaha
its actually pretty ok to drive. obviously it rubs but its not as bad as I was expecting. Drove home today from Hunters Hill and it was manageable. Dial in some camber and it should be even easier I dunno about c/f wrap though... prefer gloss black unless you're donating me the vinyl in which case I'll take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
okay bro.

Nick, did you help Suj get the BC's? I can see your influence in the car already, haha.
Yeh nick told me where he got them. Anyway sina i hear you're out of the 135i is that true?
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #32
woosh
Colonel
 
woosh's Avatar
 
Drives: Canyonero SUV
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,155
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niiCk View Post
Lol semi, just told him where i bought them from.
ps. what are you riding in nowadays?
Good stuff. I'm too cheap for coilovers went with springs again lol
Currently a VAG vehicle, nothing special. How's the e90? There's a dude on 1addicts with 19" Enkei's and Dunlop tyres for $1k... jump on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
its actually pretty ok to drive. obviously it rubs but its not as bad as I was expecting. Drove home today from Hunters Hill and it was manageable. Dial in some camber and it should be even easier I dunno about c/f wrap though... prefer gloss black unless you're donating me the vinyl in which case I'll take it.

Yeh nick told me where he got them. Anyway sina i hear you're out of the 135i is that true?
lol i was 500m away from your mates house today... totally forgot to swing by on my way to the local chicken shop. Those roundabouts are a great way to test for scrubbing!

Yeah 135i went 2 months ago... too many reasons for the sale to list here. It just needed to go.

Anyway, glad to see your car getting some loving. Those wheels are epic. Hoping you have 5 sets of different lock nuts on it haha
woosh is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #33
_ink
Captain
 
_ink's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i 09' DCT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 994
iTrader: (0)

Bold rim choice Suj!

Good work!
__________________
... Check out the garage
_ink is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #34
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,505
iTrader: (6)

Haha dude you posted pics before getting it is sitting right...lol


More low all around as we discussed, and good to see my wheels made it all the way to you without any problems. Glad I can help you with fitment and getting the car to sit where it's at now. I can see the wheels found another good home

And your not rubbing that much cause I rubbed the whole side wall off the tires....
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #35
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Haha dude you posted pics before getting it is sitting right...lol


More low all around as we discussed, and good to see my wheels made it all the way to you without any problems. Glad I can help you with fitment and getting the car to sit where it's at now. I can see the wheels found another good home

And your not rubbing that much cause I rubbed the whole side wall off the tires....
Lol nobody checks the Aust section so it's ok. I'm gonna put a 275 on the rear and drop the front some more then have photos
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #36
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,505
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Haha dude you posted pics before getting it is sitting right...lol


More low all around as we discussed, and good to see my wheels made it all the way to you without any problems. Glad I can help you with fitment and getting the car to sit where it's at now. I can see the wheels found another good home

And your not rubbing that much cause I rubbed the whole side wall off the tires....
Lol nobody checks the Aust section so it's ok. I'm gonna put a 275 on the rear and drop the front some more then have photos
Why you going down to 275. And what you doing 275/35. Yes you need to drop it down though dude

I see all
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #37
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

Posts: 4,836
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Why you going down to 275. And what you doing 275/35. Yes you need to drop it down though dude

I see all
on behalf of SBC:
will a 275/35 be ok?
what about a 265/35?
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #38
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,505
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Why you going down to 275. And what you doing 275/35. Yes you need to drop it down though dude

I see all
on behalf of SBC:
will a 275/35 be ok?
what about a 265/35?
Seriously I told him to call or text me so I can help him get them fitted. The 285/30 is better cause no one really has that our car let alone those widths. Look he didn't even tell me if he did the proper fenders work that is needed as I told him before he got these wheels, the way to make these fit and rock the properly is to get the rear fenders cut and shaved. With that you get more clearance then a fender roll and could get the stance sitting properly. Look with that you will only need to use 2.2 camber in the rear and still have it looking clean. And you will get as much poke out of them as you can.

Look at how my car sits compared his. you will rub on bumps but that's the name of the game



And this is when it had to much camber which was max stock camber around 3.5

And this is with less and perfect IMO

project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #39
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

There you go stu.. Remember to drop the front more for me too
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #40
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,505
iTrader: (6)

The main thing that needs to be done is the fender work dude its not just about tire size. That's why you were burning the shit outta your fenders like you told me. The only proper way to get something like these wheels fitted is all started with the proper fender work.
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #41
mr-pham
New Member
 
Drives: e90 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Hey project335i. Just want to ask what offset are you running on the CCWs classics?
mr-pham is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #42
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-pham View Post
Hey project335i. Just want to ask what offset are you running on the CCWs classics?
Made me swear not to say! "Good" is the correct answer
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #43
mr-pham
New Member
 
Drives: e90 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

haha you dont need to get everyone just PM me :P
mr-pham is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #44
niiCk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-pham View Post
Hey project335i. Just want to ask what offset are you running on the CCWs classics?
Lol, theyre Suj's now:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
Made me swear not to say! "Good" is the correct answer
Nah the offsets are perfect bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-pham View Post
haha you dont need to get everyone just PM me :P
He wont tell you! its a secret lol, theyre just perfect offsets.
niiCk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST