E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > SOS System Malfunction

10-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
BDC27

Drives: 2008 335i e92

SOS System Malfunction

I have a 2008 e92 335i without iDrive. I'm getting the SOS call system malfunction showing code 299. I've searched high and low with every related keyword I can think of and while it's easy to find others with the same error, I can't find any previous posts with the same symptoms and/or any fix. The main difference is that I still have Bluetooth fully functional - only the SOS system is dead. Other posts seem to always have bluetooth or all audio dead as well.

Took it to the dealer - dead end since it's not covered by the CPO warranty. They wanted to just start replacing parts and I didn't want to pull a second mortgage for something like this.

I cleared out the BMW assist settings, deleted the paired phone (iPhone 5 if it matters), disconnected the battery, and tried to re-setup the BMW assist. It goes to 50% and hangs with a data error message.

I'm wondering if the shark fin antenna is dead or something since bluetooth still works. If I switch it to satellite radio (expired) it just shows to call a number and doesn't play the advertisement stream I get with my truck (satellite also expired). Not sure if that's relevant or not.

I would really appreciate any help or input on this. Thanks in advance!!
      10-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
ctuna
Brigadier General

Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Asks this question on stereo or maintenance forum

Asks this question on stereo or maintenance forum

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16
      10-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
BDC27

Drives: 2008 335i e92

Will do - thanks.