E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > H&R springs sport vs super sport



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
justin_boy
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 ALPINE WHITE 328I ///M
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WOODLANDHILLS

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

H&R springs sport vs super sport

hey guys so im dropping my car this week but i am torn between what springs to buy, I was wondering if i would need to roll fenders with a 2 inch drop(on the super sports) and i am worried that the sports arent enough of a drop.
I would like to see some pics of e92's with both sports and super sports
justin_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
pratan158
Lieutenant
 
pratan158's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 458
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_boy
hey guys so im dropping my car this week but i am torn between what springs to buy, I was wondering if i would need to roll fenders with a 2 inch drop(on the super sports) and i am worried that the sports arent enough of a drop.
I would like to see some pics of e92's with both sports and super sports
Y don't u go with a racing springs?
pratan158 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
justin_boy
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 ALPINE WHITE 328I ///M
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WOODLANDHILLS

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratan158 View Post
Y don't u go with a racing springs?
how much of a drop is that
justin_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
Boxtyp3
Major
 
Boxtyp3's Avatar
 
Drives: E82AW N54/ e92 BSM N55
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E82 135i  [0.00]
2013 E92 335i  [0.00]
I believe super sport is the same as race spring. The milder drop is the sport springs.
Boxtyp3 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
justin_boy
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 ALPINE WHITE 328I ///M
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WOODLANDHILLS

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtyp3 View Post
I believe super sport is the same as race spring. The milder drop is the sport springs.
but dont you think a 2 inch drop is too much for daily driving especially with m tech front bumper
justin_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #6
_shim
Major General
 
Drives: an e90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 718

Posts: 6,341
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_boy View Post
but dont you think a 2 inch drop is too much for daily driving especially with m tech front bumper
No. Just take your inclines (like driveways, parking lot entrances, etc) more carefully, look out for potholes, and you'll be fine.
__________________
_shim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #7
justin_boy
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 ALPINE WHITE 328I ///M
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WOODLANDHILLS

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shim! View Post
No. Just take your inclines (like driveways, parking lot entrances, etc) more carefully, look out for potholes, and you'll be fine.
ughh still torn and plus dont want to roll fenders
justin_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Boxtyp3
Major
 
Boxtyp3's Avatar
 
Drives: E82AW N54/ e92 BSM N55
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E82 135i  [0.00]
2013 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_boy View Post
but dont you think a 2 inch drop is too much for daily driving especially with m tech front bumper
I'm just saying that race springs I think is the 'new name' that H&R is calling the super sport. I would prefer a sport springs and a spacer. That will make your wheels look more flush with the fenders but not agressively dropped.
Boxtyp3 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
 
DUI Elite's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 SGM E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,609
iTrader: (4)

If you're not doing lowering perches, you'll find the sport springs to be sort of dull.

TBH though, I'm nearly 2" down from stock (before and after measurements) and you really have to learn to alter your driving style if you daily it. I personally think its a bit much of a drop to be dailying on.

By daily, I don't drive 2 miles to work and say "YEAH I DAILY MY CAR" no i drive 60 miles / day and in urban chicago, so the roads suck, so from personal experience, be careful going so low.

Last edited by DUI Elite; 03-23-2013 at 10:45 AM.
DUI Elite is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
justin_boy
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 ALPINE WHITE 328I ///M
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WOODLANDHILLS

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
If you're not doing lowering perches, you'll find the sport springs to be sort of dull.

TBH though, I'm nearly 2" down from stock (before and after measurements) and you really have to learn to alter your driving style if you daily it. I personally think its a bit much of a drop to be dailying on.

By daily, I don't drive 2 miles to work and say "YEAH I DAILY MY CAR" no i drive 60 miles / day and in urban chicago, so the roads suck, so from personal experience, be careful going so low.
haha yeah i drive about 50 to 70 miles a day so idk
i think im just gonna go with the sport, now which exhaust tips to choose
justin_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST