E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Millionaire boy racers



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
70

 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK


Posts: 6,105
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Millionaire boy racers

Tonight on Channel 4 22.00.

Worth a watch,perhaps.

For many Londoners, the summer is a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of the city in search of relaxation overseas, but as the Brits hit the beaches, the capital becomes a popular destination for wealthy tourists and their supercars. This documentary reveals how million-pound Bugatti Veyrons and other extravagant vehicles are an increasingly common sight on the streets of central London, which is leaving some residents disgruntled, but also bringing car fans to the area, eager to catch a glimpse of their favourite models
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
RichJ
First Lieutenant
England
6

 
Drives: E92 M-Sport 330i Le Mans Blue
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South


Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

Yep worth a watch.... more money than sense i'm sure. Nice cars though!!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
20

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East


Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

I saw the preview...and it looked like it was going typical channel 4. Lets make a film and edit all the stuff so that it fits into a stereotype.

Still am going to watch it though
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
378

 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''


Posts: 29,285
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Guys you wait till you see the bit where I fart in my Enzo!!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Jedimindtrix
Second Lieutenant
2

 
Drives: Alpina D3 MT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington, North East


Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)

Watching it now, spoilt little brats funded by bank of mum and dad.

That's just my initial impression though.
__________________
Currently driving an Alpina-D3 MT, Sapphire black, Classic Alloys wrapped in PS2's, Full Alpina interior trim, Black Grilles, Blackline tail lights and zymol'ed once a month.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
7

 
rickyjones1209's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cheshire


Posts: 342
iTrader: (1)

I want to move to Dubai if it means I can rock around in a lambo
__________________
Current - 08 e92 335i M Sport
Previous - 02 Renault Laguna, 04 Seat Leon Cupra R, 03 Subaru Impreza WRX, 01 Renault Clio 172, 98 Peugeot 106 Rallye S2, 94 Peugeot 106 Rallye S1
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
nobby810996
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cumbria


Posts: 180
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyjones1209
I want to move to Dubai if it means I can rock around in a lambo
You'll need daddy's oil field to fund it!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
nobby810996
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cumbria


Posts: 180
iTrader: (0)

I thought the munchkin with the enormous umbrella was funny!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Jedimindtrix
Second Lieutenant
2

 
Drives: Alpina D3 MT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington, North East


Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)

Seriously is that lady called Panda WTF.
__________________
Currently driving an Alpina-D3 MT, Sapphire black, Classic Alloys wrapped in PS2's, Full Alpina interior trim, Black Grilles, Blackline tail lights and zymol'ed once a month.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
7

 
rickyjones1209's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cheshire


Posts: 342
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby810996
I thought the munchkin with the enormous umbrella was funny!
Ha yeh

He jolly near poked my eye out!
__________________
Current - 08 e92 335i M Sport
Previous - 02 Renault Laguna, 04 Seat Leon Cupra R, 03 Subaru Impreza WRX, 01 Renault Clio 172, 98 Peugeot 106 Rallye S2, 94 Peugeot 106 Rallye S1
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
nobby810996
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cumbria


Posts: 180
iTrader: (0)

I'd like a masawati
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
zltm089
Major General
United Kingdom
90

 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON


Posts: 7,416
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
LOL....fucking quality!!!!....Just seen it....

That police officer.....hahahahaaha....."hmmmm....it's a lamboooorgini....aven....aventador...." ( even after seeing the model designation....he's still not sure...)

and the posh GILF...who speaks like she takes it up the a$$...."ohhh those loud racing cars!" ...and when all the posh old basterds gather to "protest", they look like a bunch of do gooders, like those judges who fight for human rights boll0cks...hug a thug sh1t....

The spoilt young arab twats racing around and not really giving a sh1t....they just look like a bunch of ignorant tw*ts who just want to show off and don't know anything about cars...and some of the "mods"....choice of colour etc....seriously, have they not got any taste or what??!...

anyways...was quite entertaining!...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
zltm089
Major General
United Kingdom
90

 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON


Posts: 7,416
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
This actually made me think about:

Is it better to have those rich twats spending money or fake ass asylum seekers claiming benefits?
Should the government not tax those rich basterds and get us out of the recession etc...?
How useless is the council in responding to the demands of local residents? (typical)
Why is it that they can drive like it's a fast and furious movie on busy streets while the average guy gets buttfcuked for doing 85mph on an empty motorway?
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
TikoV
Captain
Scotland
12

 
Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Glasgow


Posts: 664
iTrader: (0)

Get in there "Gulfie"...lol

And why shouldn't they enjoy themselves...yes be bit more reserved with their obsession of over-revving and being a bit careless in built up areas. But, I welcome them...spending their cash and putting nice cars on show (in general!!)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
Brian mc21
Captain
No_Country
10

 
Brian mc21's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320d M Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Belfast. Northern Ireland.


Posts: 910
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikoV View Post
Get in there "Gulfie"...lol

And why shouldn't they enjoy themselves...yes be bit more reserved with their obsession of over-revving and being a bit careless in built up areas. But, I welcome them...spending their cash and putting nice cars on show (in general!!)
+1
__________________
E92 330D LCI
Garage List
NSR 250 MC21, CBR 600RR 3
RVF400
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
raf555
Banned
64

 
Drives: BMW 320D
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Yorkshire


Posts: 2,101
iTrader: (47)

Quality!!!

If u got it flaunt it... The lucky rich bastards!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
27

 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow


Posts: 1,606
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
This actually made me think about:

Is it better to have those rich twats spending money or fake ass asylum seekers claiming benefits?
stop reading this
http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/revealed-...ish-pensioners

and try the facts eg here's what google came up with (but feel free to do your own research)

http://www.salford.gov.uk/asylum-myths.htm

I've still to watch the programme, but will give a watch over the weekend. From reading on the fast datsun forum, lot of the people thought it was edited by the Daily Mail. But i'll reserve judgement till i see it myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
30

 
briers's Avatar
 
Drives: XFR
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midlands,UK


Posts: 1,971
iTrader: (0)

I think the residents are bloody ridiculous. There was 4 or5 in that meeting when this must affect thousands in those streets. Where did the basis of this program come from.

I think they were pompous. Lovely cars. Perhaps a little annoying if the noise really is constant. The speeding is irrational and I don't like speeding in built up areas.

The guys on camera seemed nice but I found it hilarious that none of these moaning residents actually went down to talk to these people! How ridiculous and oldschool British moaning behind closed doors. They might have been able to come to some sort of agreement.

I'm actually very surprised many of the Arabs raised concerns of what British people thought of them. They should be 100% welcome wether they spend millions here or not. I still find it quite sad they these people have to use certain words that implies Arabs or other races should be segregated. I've never thought another religion or skin colour is any different or lesser than I am. I think it's a ridiculous attitude to have.

People question why they are so rich, why should they have a lambo. Why should I be sitting here in a big heated house, with most of the modern day luxuries and access to modern medicine when millions of people are starving and ill in dire poverty in Africa and beyond.

It's the same thing, just on a different part of the scale. A lambo won't make these people happy overnight, it's a bit of fun for someone born into a specific circumstance. Sadly I think my views are in the minority.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #19
sives
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: Saving to get a e46 m3 ;)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, uk


Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
I think the residents are bloody ridiculous. There was 4 or5 in that meeting when this must affect thousands in those streets. Where did the basis of this program come from.

I think they were pompous. Lovely cars. Perhaps a little annoying if the noise really is constant. The speeding is irrational and I don't like speeding in built up areas.

The guys on camera seemed nice but I found it hilarious that none of these moaning residents actually went down to talk to these people! How ridiculous and oldschool British moaning behind closed doors. They might have been able to come to some sort of agreement.

I'm actually very surprised many of the Arabs raised concerns of what British people thought of them. They should be 100% welcome wether they spend millions here or not. I still find it quite sad they these people have to use certain words that implies Arabs or other races should be segregated. I've never thought another religion or skin colour is any different or lesser than I am. I think it's a ridiculous attitude to have.

People question why they are so rich, why should they have a lambo. Why should I be sitting here in a big heated house, with most of the modern day luxuries and access to modern medicine when millions of people are starving and ill in dire poverty in Africa and beyond.

It's the same thing, just on a different part of the scale. A lambo won't make these people happy overnight, it's a bit of fun for someone born into a specific circumstance. Sadly I think my views are in the minority.
+ 1 (dammit why is there no like button lol) respect
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #20
sives
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: Saving to get a e46 m3 ;)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, uk


Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)

the funny bit is when the cop says to the old man about "cultural diversity" , the cop is a legend.

also the man on the balcony who was watching it had some good points, he was cool with it.

i do agree the over reving is taking the piss tho
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #21
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
27

 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow


Posts: 1,606
iTrader: (0)

I actually thought it was a 2012 style mockumentary it was so funny. Eg Panda's introduction. The roses. The umbrella incident. Trying ever so hard not to be racist and failing.
Honestly I think that programme will win an award :-)

PH should organise a cruise through Knightsbridge :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #22
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
20

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East


Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

OK just making a cup of coffee and gonna watch it.... at work hahaha.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST