E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Headlight repair kit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
dazza88
Private First Class
dazza88's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kent

iTrader: (0)

Headlight repair kit

Had a quick search before phoning my local BMW for a repair kit for my drivers side headlight as both the lugs have snapped. The part number I found was #63117182519 but the guy at BMW said that was only for the m3, so I gave my chassis number to him but he can't find a part that goes with my chassis number so has now ordered a part that he thinks is correct but its got to come from Germany costing 35. Does this sound correct as I thought it would be something they can get hold of pretty much off the shelf?

Does anyone have a part number for the correct part that I would need for a pre lci e90 330d with xenon headlights or do you think he has ordered the right part?

Daz
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
127
Rep
7,654
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza88 View Post
Had a quick search before phoning my local BMW for a repair kit for my drivers side headlight as both the lugs have snapped. The part number I found was #63117182519 but the guy at BMW said that was only for the m3, so I gave my chassis number to him but he can't find a part that goes with my chassis number so has now ordered a part that he thinks is correct but its got to come from Germany costing 35. Does this sound correct as I thought it would be something they can get hold of pretty much off the shelf?

Does anyone have a part number for the correct part that I would need for a pre lci e90 330d with xenon headlights or do you think he has ordered the right part?

Daz

What part number did he order from you kit? Check it on real oem.

I have seen few people on this forum using the M3 repair kit.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
dazza88
Private First Class
dazza88's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kent

iTrader: (0)

He didn't give me the part number he ordered, just said it looks the same as the part number I have him. Just made me wonder if it was correct when he said its going to take a week for them to get from Germany where as the part number I gave him I could collect tomorrow.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
52
Rep
3,833
Posts

 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Do these bits snap easily? Why did they snap? Were you removing the headlight?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
127
Rep
7,654
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza88 View Post
He didn't give me the part number he ordered, just said it looks the same as the part number I have him. Just made me wonder if it was correct when he said its going to take a week for them to get from Germany where as the part number I gave him I could collect tomorrow.
Get the part number mate, so you can check it online.
Few parts (depending on the requirement) come from Germany and they do take some time.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
dazza88
Private First Class
dazza88's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Get the part number mate, so you can check it online.
Few parts (depending on the requirement) come from Germany and they do take some time.
I will pop in there tomorrow and find out what part number he has ordered
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
dazza88
Private First Class
dazza88's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Do these bits snap easily? Why did they snap? Were you removing the headlight?
Not sure how easily they are snapped but one was broken when j bought the car and the other has snapped on its own since.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #8
Frobius
Captain
Frobius's Avatar
United Kingdom
11
Rep
976
Posts

 
Drives: E91 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntingdon, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
They are designed to snap easily to absorb a bit of impact in an accident. The theory being that they are cheaper to repair with lugs than replace. Hence the repair kits. The E92 have repair lugs that will work fine as will obviously the m3 ones. There was a guy on here who repaired with X5 lugs perfectly well.
__________________

57 Sapphire Black E91 330d M-Sport
Privacy Glass // Leather // Heated Seats // Bluetooth // Blacklines // BMWP Gloss Black Grille // Alpine HiFi // LCI Headlights
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
techietaichi
Captain
techietaichi's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
982
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Massghanistan, USA

iTrader: (1)

Hey all, I just bought a nice pairr of Euro headlights that just come in from Israel, but damn it all! One of the mounting tabs on the left/driver side is broken off. I won't squabble with the guy, 'cause it's such a small repair and I suspect it broke in transit. However, I did have the same issue as "dazz". I called my local BMW stealership to confirm the mfg#63117182519 and was told the same thing. Said it wasn't a part for my car, but being I'm on a forum full of enthusiasts, I'll take your word over that robot's. Will this Headlight Tab Repair Kit fix my problem? I know I'm being redundant, but I want to make certain before I open the 'ole wallet and let the dollars fly out. Thanks fellas.

__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST