E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Anyone in OC area who knows their suspension.. need help $



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
KwlAznKid
Colonel
 
KwlAznKid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LA/Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Posts: 2,415
iTrader: (4)

Anyone in OC area who knows their suspension.. need help $

Hi everyone,

I just installed my rear coilovers for my e92 and the passenger side is making loud clunking sounds, no idea what it is, checked everything and everything is tight, did the exact same install on the left side and it's fine. Thought it could have been the shock so swapped sides, and the right side still makes sounds.. I really need someone to help come take a look for me and help me fix the problem, I will happily pay you if you want, looking to get this fixed asap. I can go anywhere in OC.


post here or pm me please!

Thanks!

coilovers are st coilovers
__________________
BMW E92 328I /BMW E46 M3 /Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500 /BMW E92 335I(sold)/Porsche 996 911 C2(sold)/BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
KwlAznKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #2
rorkor
Second Lieutenant
 
rorkor's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 N52 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here

Posts: 278
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E70 X5 35d  [5.00]
2011 E90 328i  [5.00]
If you are willing to pay, take it to an Indy shop. Had this on an e36 M3 and it turned out to be a tear in the tower, welded up and reinforced my whole rear end and was good to go. Bullet in Costa Mesa is close to you and they can tell you what's wrong pretty quick.
__________________
rorkor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,794
iTrader: (19)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
Hi everyone,

I just installed my rear coilovers for my e92 and the passenger side is making loud clunking sounds, no idea what it is, checked everything and everything is tight, did the exact same install on the left side and it's fine. Thought it could have been the shock so swapped sides, and the right side still makes sounds.. I really need someone to help come take a look for me and help me fix the problem, I will happily pay you if you want, looking to get this fixed asap. I can go anywhere in OC.


post here or pm me please!

Thanks!

coilovers are st coilovers
maybe you left the bumpstops off? i forgot to put mine on and i had clunks for a long time and had no clue what it was
BRGmatthew is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
KwlAznKid
Colonel
 
KwlAznKid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LA/Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Posts: 2,415
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorkor View Post
If you are willing to pay, take it to an Indy shop. Had this on an e36 M3 and it turned out to be a tear in the tower, welded up and reinforced my whole rear end and was good to go. Bullet in Costa Mesa is close to you and they can tell you what's wrong pretty quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneout View Post
maybe you left the bumpstops off? i forgot to put mine on and i had clunks for a long time and had no clue what it was

thanks for the replies guys! rorkor, i think i'm going to drop by precision motors tomorrow and if they can't figure it out i'll try bullet only reason being i've been to precision before and they were great so i feel like i owe them some more business

boneout, i thought about that but to be honest I don't think my kit came with any bumpstops.. i took some pics here if you don't mind helping me take a look to see if everything looks right

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781227
__________________
BMW E92 328I /BMW E46 M3 /Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500 /BMW E92 335I(sold)/Porsche 996 911 C2(sold)/BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
KwlAznKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,794
iTrader: (19)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
thanks for the replies guys! rorkor, i think i'm going to drop by precision motors tomorrow and if they can't figure it out i'll try bullet only reason being i've been to precision before and they were great so i feel like i owe them some more business

boneout, i thought about that but to be honest I don't think my kit came with any bumpstops.. i took some pics here if you don't mind helping me take a look to see if everything looks right

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781227
your bumpstops should be on the shock, not the spring.
BRGmatthew is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
joec500
Brigadier General
 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 3,004
iTrader: (10)

Damn, I hope you figure it out. I am sure it's just something loose. Keep us updated!
__________________
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
joec500 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
KwlAznKid
Colonel
 
KwlAznKid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LA/Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Posts: 2,415
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneout View Post
your bumpstops should be on the shock, not the spring.
hmm ill try to check my shock today, i'll try to get some pics of it if i can't fix it, thanks for the input

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec500 View Post
Damn, I hope you figure it out. I am sure it's just something loose. Keep us updated!
thanks man, i hope so too!
__________________
BMW E92 328I /BMW E46 M3 /Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500 /BMW E92 335I(sold)/Porsche 996 911 C2(sold)/BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
KwlAznKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
blisstik
Major
 
blisstik's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California

Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Confirm that you assembled your strut like in the pic on the thread below. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738803

What kind of coilovers did you get?
__________________
blisstik is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

A buddy of mine had the same problem but found out that something was upside down. Maybe it was the perches but I forget. On e36 m's, as the guy mentioned above, the shock tower housing rips and also I heard the same problem of e46's as well. But for an e9x, it was something simple. Id just take it off again and double check everything is on and correctly. Good luck!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
KwlAznKid
Colonel
 
KwlAznKid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LA/Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Posts: 2,415
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik View Post
Confirm that you assembled your strut like in the pic on the thread below. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738803

What kind of coilovers did you get?
st coilovers, no it's different from the pic because unlike the oem spring which has curved ends on both ends, the aftermarket spring is flat on one end so the adjuster can sit flush against the spring. for that reason the oem rubber pice that was on top is now used on the bottom (as to why we don't reuse the oem bottom rubber on the bottom still i have no clue, i just followed what online instructions told me)

__________________
BMW E92 328I /BMW E46 M3 /Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500 /BMW E92 335I(sold)/Porsche 996 911 C2(sold)/BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
KwlAznKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
KwlAznKid
Colonel
 
KwlAznKid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LA/Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Posts: 2,415
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
A buddy of mine had the same problem but found out that something was upside down. Maybe it was the perches but I forget. On e36 m's, as the guy mentioned above, the shock tower housing rips and also I heard the same problem of e46's as well. But for an e9x, it was something simple. Id just take it off again and double check everything is on and correctly. Good luck!
yea i hope its something simple! this is bothering the crap out of me
__________________
BMW E92 328I /BMW E46 M3 /Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500 /BMW E92 335I(sold)/Porsche 996 911 C2(sold)/BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
KwlAznKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #12
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
yea i hope its something simple! this is bothering the crap out of me
Hope it get better ! I know the feeling trust me
Also, maybe the things aren't completely torqued down or is off by a hairline? Have a shop double check and hopefully it was something small
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
joec500
Brigadier General
 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 3,004
iTrader: (10)

Dude...did you ever get this sorted out?
__________________
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
joec500 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST