E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Charge pipe, sai?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
TT-Tom
Private First Class
2
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: C.S.B
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Madison, WI

iTrader: (-1)

Charge pipe, sai?

I just bought a 135i, its an '08, im looking at the charge pipe and it appears to have a hose between the diverter valves. It leads to what looks like an sai pump... I'm a little thrown back, as i have not seen this on any n54 ive worked on. Does anyone know the impedance of the pump if i need to jump the leads with a resistor, or whats the usual approach to this thing? Thanks for any help or advice.
__________________
2008 135i BBM/Coral red Msport-M26 Wrap, Custom Tune E50, BMS dps, DCI, CX FMIC, SteveAZ Stg2, SPC Camber plates, Swift SpecR Springs, Koni Yellow's, Mfactory LSD, Powerflex diff bushings, Turner Aluminum Subframe Bushings,13mm rsb, GodSpeed Toe Arms, M3 Control arms, Apex Arc8 (MPSS, 245F/265R), Vifa ot19 tweeters w/ e90 L7 mids... More HP to come
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
50
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-Tom View Post
I just bought a 135i, its an '08, im looking at the charge pipe and it appears to have a hose between the diverter valves. It leads to what looks like an sai pump... I'm a little thrown back, as i have not seen this on any n54 ive worked on. Does anyone know the impedance of the pump if i need to jump the leads with a resistor, or whats the usual approach to this thing? Thanks for any help or advice.

Thats just a resonator type device not a sai pump. Not an electrical part.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Thats just a resonator type device not a sai pump. Not an electrical part.
Hit it on the head. It's a resonator for the DV's.

OP, it will only be found on 1 series N54's.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
TT-Tom
Private First Class
2
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: C.S.B
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Madison, WI

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Thats just a resonator type device not a sai pump. Not an electrical part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Hit it on the head. It's a resonator for the DV's.

OP, it will only be found on 1 series N54's.
O thank god, I glanced at it and got pissed, reminded me of my vw days
__________________
2008 135i BBM/Coral red Msport-M26 Wrap, Custom Tune E50, BMS dps, DCI, CX FMIC, SteveAZ Stg2, SPC Camber plates, Swift SpecR Springs, Koni Yellow's, Mfactory LSD, Powerflex diff bushings, Turner Aluminum Subframe Bushings,13mm rsb, GodSpeed Toe Arms, M3 Control arms, Apex Arc8 (MPSS, 245F/265R), Vifa ot19 tweeters w/ e90 L7 mids... More HP to come
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST