E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help Needed - Coded Bluetooth but can not turn it on in iDrive



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
slupie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elgin, IL

Posts: 203
iTrader: (1)

Help Needed - Coded Bluetooth but can not turn it on in iDrive

I searched first and I'm not clear what I should do next to get my bluetooth working. Bluetooth shows up in Idrive but I cannot turn it on. I have spend close to 30 hours reading different posts and forums and trying to code this darn thing and I am not getting anywhere.

2007 328i Touring (e91) 06/06 production (door jamb sticker), VO says 09/06 production
Here are relevant option codes that the car came with
S645A - BMW US Radio
S609A - Nav Professional
S640A - Prep f tel. installation universal
S672A - CD Changer for 6CDs
S677A - HiFi System Professional DSP

Added $620 and $644 to VO and coded the car by making the ULF_ECE and Bluetooth Active

Just to be sure I coded the Auto Close Windows from Fob and that is working.

P/N of MULF is 84-10-9-178-898 that I bought on fleabay and installed in my car along with Bluetooth antenna and microphone. Changed the MOST ring and everything is working correctly as far as I can tell.

USB/Audio interface - S6FLA=Yes
Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth - S644A=Yes
Voice control - S620A=Yes
Navigation system Professional - S609A=Yes

I changed the vin number via tool32 in the MULF but still can't code it with NCS Exper it errors out. Ncs Exper tries to program the MULF with ulf_60.prg how do I change that.

How come I can communicate and change the vin via tool32 in the MULF but not with the NCS Exper?

Do I need to see someone with different coding capabilities?

Error below

[21:24:37.498] [2014-03-24] [SERIE] 2020 Error LFCDHDIA.CPP (A_E65DR.IPS/IPO) CDHapiResultText 1
[21:24:37.498] [2014-03-24] [SERIE] SG antwortet nicht IFH-0009: SG nicht angeschlossen oder meldet sich nicht ULF_60

[21:24:37.608] [2014-03-24] [SERIE] 2020 Error COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
[21:24:37.608] [2014-03-24] [SERIE] SG antwortet nicht CODIERINDEX_LESEN

[21:24:43.116] [2014-03-24] [SERIE] 2020 Error LFCDHDIA.CPP (A_E65DR.IPS/IPO) CDHapiResultText 1
[21:24:43.116] [2014-03-24] [SERIE] SG antwortet nicht IFH-0009: SG nicht angeschlossen oder meldet sich nicht ULF_60

Translated sg not ifh-0009 responds: sg not connected or does not answer ulf_60

[21:24:43.226] [2014-03-24] [SERIE] 2020 Error COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
[21:24:43.226] [2014-03-24] [SERIE] SG antwortet nicht SG_CODIEREN
slupie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
BOTUS
Private First Class
 
Drives: E90 335d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

when you say can't turn on, what do you mean?

When we were doing mine the guys had never done before and gave up. We had the BT menus show up in options (last one in list) you could see tick box enable Bluetooth, but if you tried to click it it just kicked you out of the BT menus and didn't accept it. I don't actually know anything about coding but I said did you read

add $644 to the VO
Reset Rad 2 or CCC ECU
Reset MULF ECU


15mins later they had it working....

does this help


BOTUS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
slupie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elgin, IL

Posts: 203
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTUS View Post
when you say can't turn on, what do you mean?

When we were doing mine the guys had never done before and gave up. We had the BT menus show up in options (last one in list) you could see tick box enable Bluetooth, but if you tried to click it it just kicked you out of the BT menus and didn't accept it. I don't actually know anything about coding but I said did you read

add $644 to the VO
Reset Rad 2 or CCC ECU
Reset MULF ECU


15mins later they had it working....

does this help


Thanks for the tips.

That is one of the videos that I used in coding my car. When I go to Settings--> Bluetooth--> Settings I can not select the checkbox next to the Bluetooth Option. I see the option I just can't turn it on.

I coded the CAPPL since I have have Nav Pro in my car.

I reset all of the modules, locked the car for 20 to 30 minutes multiple times and still can not communicate with MULF by using NCS Exper 4.0.2 and Daten files 50.2

I'm missing something and I don't know what.
slupie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
PichaDis11
Captain
 
PichaDis11's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 827
iTrader: (2)

Not to be repetitive here but have you coded the VO to both CAS and FRM? And how can you tell if you connected the MOST loop properly to include the MULF unit ensure it is working?
If you are sure on these then the next step I think is to change the manfacturer date in the VO to somewhere closer to an 08 model to see if works. I think the iDrive unit stores some form of a VO as well. (I am not too sure of this part)
__________________
08 E90- 6FL Retrofit. new features by coding.
PichaDis11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
slupie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elgin, IL

Posts: 203
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Not to be repetitive here but have you coded the VO to both CAS and FRM? And how can you tell if you connected the MOST loop properly to include the MULF unit ensure it is working?
If you are sure on these then the next step I think is to change the manfacturer date in the VO to somewhere closer to an 08 model to see if works. I think the iDrive unit stores some form of a VO as well. (I am not too sure of this part)
Thanks for the input. CAS and FRM have the new VO. I tried to write the VO to all of the modules but I get the error as before when it gets to MULF. I changed the vin in the MULF with Tool32 so that is the reason that I say that the MOST ring is correct.

NCS Exper tries to code the MULF with ulf_60.prg not ulf2_hi.prg

I also tried to write the mulf with blank .man file which resulted in the same error as stated earlier.

How do I change the date in VO.

After another 2 hours in the cold garage I'm throwing in the towel for now unless somebody has some other ideas on how to get the mulf coded.

Thank you all for the help and ideas.

Last edited by slupie; 03-26-2014 at 07:15 AM.
slupie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
BOTUS
Private First Class
 
Drives: E90 335d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

sorry to here its not playing ball

I think there are older and newer ULF's I hope I'm not wrong, its not the case that early ones only did USB is it? I think this might be last version which does both

MULF2 / ULF-SBX High Part number 84 10 9 183 373

otherwise anything here?

self-coding for those who are attempting to do the coding themselves.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660738
All coding is done using NCS Expert's expert profile (expertmodus)
1. Add $644 to the VO and do FA_WRITE to both CAS and NFRM.
2. After finishing step 1, change ECU to 2RAD (radio professional) and change job to SG_CODIEREN then execute job.
3. After the radio has restarted, pressing the menu button should show an additional "TEL" option.
4. Press the "TEL" option and make sure BT is turned on.
5. Scan for bluetooth devices and you should see a device named "BMW XXXXX" where "XXXXX" is the last 5 numbers of your VIN.
6. Pair your phone with the radio and it'll be done.
IF the above steps does not work, let the car go into sleep mode (takes about 16 minutes) and try to pair the phone again.
IF after sleep mode it still doesn't work, search for revtor's NCSexpert profile and use this profile for coding.
BOTUS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
slupie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elgin, IL

Posts: 203
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTUS View Post
sorry to here its not playing ball

I think there are older and newer ULF's I hope I'm not wrong, its not the case that early ones only did USB is it? I think this might be last version which does both

MULF2 / ULF-SBX High Part number 84 10 9 183 373

otherwise anything here?

self-coding for those who are attempting to do the coding themselves.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660738
All coding is done using NCS Expert's expert profile (expertmodus)

1. Add $644 to the VO and do FA_WRITE to both CAS and NFRM.
2. After finishing step 1, change ECU to 2RAD (radio professional) and change job to SG_CODIEREN then execute job.
3. After the radio has restarted, pressing the menu button should show an additional "TEL" option.
4. Press the "TEL" option and make sure BT is turned on.
5. Scan for bluetooth devices and you should see a device named "BMW XXXXX" where "XXXXX" is the last 5 numbers of your VIN.
6. Pair your phone with the radio and it'll be done.
IF the above steps does not work, let the car go into sleep mode (takes about 16 minutes) and try to pair the phone again.
IF after sleep mode it still doesn't work, search for revtor's NCSexpert profile and use this profile for coding.
Thanks for the hlep

According to RealOEM I have a MULF2 from 2008 that works for cars with Nav, Aux/USB, Bluetooth and Voice Activation

otherwise anything here?

self-coding for those who are attempting to do the coding themselves.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660738
All coding is done using NCS Expert's expert profile (expertmodus)

1. Add $644 to the VO and do FA_WRITE to both CAS and NFRM.

Done

2. After finishing step 1, change ECU to 2RAD (radio professional) and change job to SG_CODIEREN then execute job.

Coded CAPPL since I have Nav no RAD2

3. After the radio has restarted, pressing the menu button should show an additional "TEL" option.

It Does

4. Press the "TEL" option and make sure BT is turned on.

Can not activate it

5. Scan for bluetooth devices and you should see a device named "BMW XXXXX" where "XXXXX" is the last 5 numbers of your VIN.
6. Pair your phone with the radio and it'll be done.
IF the above steps does not work, let the car go into sleep mode (takes about 16 minutes) and try to pair the phone again.

Did this

IF after sleep mode it still doesn't work, search for revtor's NCSexpert profile and use this profile for coding.

Did this also

I also reset all of the modules with SG_Reset.

Seems like my MULF is hung up or in Diagnostics mode and I can't get it activated or coded.
slupie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #8
PichaDis11
Captain
 
PichaDis11's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 827
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slupie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Not to be repetitive here but have you coded the VO to both CAS and FRM? And how can you tell if you connected the MOST loop properly to include the MULF unit ensure it is working?
If you are sure on these then the next step I think is to change the manfacturer date in the VO to somewhere closer to an 08 model to see if works. I think the iDrive unit stores some form of a VO as well. (I am not too sure of this part)
Thanks for the input. CAS and FRM have the new VO. I tried to write the VO to all of the modules but I get the error as before when it gets to MULF. I changed the vin in the MULF with Tool32 so that is the reason that I say that the MOST ring is correct.

NCS Exper tries to code the MULF with ulf_60.prg not ulf2_hi.prg

I also tried to write the mulf with blank .man file which resulted in the same error as stated earlier.

How do I change the date in VO.

After another 2 hours in the cold garage I'm throwing in the towel for now unless somebody has some other ideas on how to get the mulf coded.

Thank you all for the help and ideas.
Production date can be changed in the FA.trc file. This might not be your issue so leave that for later. Since you have the MULF2 high module. Remove option code $620a and in $6fl. This is because you have the MULF2 high. NCS EXPERT will see that and select the correct files for the module.
__________________
08 E90- 6FL Retrofit. new features by coding.
PichaDis11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
slupie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elgin, IL

Posts: 203
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Production date can be changed in the FA.trc file. This might not be your issue so leave that for later. Since you have the MULF2 high module. Remove option code $620a and in $6fl. This is because you have the MULF2 high. NCS EXPERT will see that and select the correct files for the module.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Adding $6FL and removing $620 did the job. Now I have to wait for everything to reset and try to pair my phone. Phone paired, phonebook transferred and almost everything works as it should.

Last edited by slupie; 03-27-2014 at 10:47 AM.
slupie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
slupie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elgin, IL

Posts: 203
iTrader: (1)

I lost RDS setting. Not shown in iDrive. How do I get that to show up again. I can't find anything on RDS in search.
slupie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #11
BOTUS
Private First Class
 
Drives: E90 335d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slupie View Post
I lost RDS setting. Not shown in iDrive. How do I get that to show up again. I can't find anything on RDS in search.

good news on BT

at risk of being annoying go in menu and turn it on? is it the same RDS BBC invented about 20 years back. If head unit is same as all cars over here its and on off setting. can be very useful when signal is weak as it runs off looking for another frequency broadcasting same station. over here often its only the one so you'd rather it didn't spend 5 mins searching for something that doesn't exist
BOTUS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #12
slupie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elgin, IL

Posts: 203
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTUS View Post
good news on BT

at risk of being annoying go in menu and turn it on? is it the same RDS BBC invented about 20 years back. If head unit is same as all cars over here its and on off setting. can be very useful when signal is weak as it runs off looking for another frequency broadcasting same station. over here often its only the one so you'd rather it didn't spend 5 mins searching for something that doesn't exist
No it's not the same in US as in UK. It displays radio station call sign and artist, song title if transmitted by radio station. It does not find the next closest station.

RDS option disappeared from my my iDrive screen completely after coding last night. I guess solve on problem and create another one.
slupie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #13
WRichieX
Captain
 
WRichieX's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Oh man, I'm planning on doing this once the weather gets nicer. I've been doing research on this for months and I think I get it but I'm sure I'll mess it up. lol. Good luck with this.
__________________

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
WRichieX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
BOTUS
Private First Class
 
Drives: E90 335d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slupie View Post
No it's not the same in US as in UK. It displays radio station call sign and artist, song title if transmitted by radio station. It does not find the next closest station.

RDS option disappeared from my my iDrive screen completely after coding last night. I guess solve on problem and create another one.
ours does the station name, later ones scroll the song playing, plus the feature I said about above

plus can turn on off traffic announcement broadcast on the other stations.... so they interrupt

TA (I though this was traffic annoucment... but my be muddled see TP)
EON enhanced other networks.... not sure what it does.... is this the stupid run off and look feature??
TP traffic programme
ATS stores local stations over preset memories when on long journey
BOTUS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST