E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Lowering - birds b3 or eibach springs

01-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #23
N111CUK
G force Junkie
United Kingdom

Drives: 335i M Sport black edition

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to N111CUK
Cheers AWBimmer I will keep on researching BC and talk to those guys you mentioned. I'm glad your enjoying your car, after all that's why we own them.

regarding "cheap" our cars always cost more to mod than say a honda or scooby. for example a scoopy intercooler would cost a couple of hundred quid where as ours are over six hundred, so in terms of coilovers when you look through the catalogues other cars will cost less for the springs and an e92 the price just jumps. That sort of pisses me off a bit.

So I think 700 for an e92 is on the Cheap side and I'm not complaining if they are that good then finally a company who isn't ripping us E9x owner off
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #24
imygaf
Private First Class

Drives: e92 325i

Just throwing something else in to the mix.

How is the oem m sport suspension? I believe this is the same as the setup on e93 335 se. There is a set for sale, might just do me.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
United Kingdom

Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI

You're BARELY going to get a drop... if you're lucky, perhaps a nudge on the rear but the fronts, no. There IS no comparison. And I can assure you... you'll only end up buying upgraded suspension kits later, therefore spending more. Save up now and buy when you can, it's exciting to save and buy especially when you can see the difference
      01-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #26
imygaf
Private First Class

Guess ill just hold of then. Had a bit of a search and apparently its a 15mm drop over se but not sure if thats front, rear or all round.
Quick response from u as always.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #27
imygaf
Private First Class

Just want to check something before i decide on definitely lowering. I already have the aero lip fitted, if i lower the car am i going to have trouble with speed bumps etc?

Any idea what minimum ground clearance i should aim for to avoid having to go sideways over bumps etc. I would probably want to lower the front by about 30mm but minimum 25mm, i believe that would make it 10mm lower than msport spec. Can anyone confirm this? Will go lower if i can do so without problems, im thinking it should be ok.

Not sure what my current ground clearance is, will check tomorrow.
Appreciate 0