E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > What's Going on With My Lights!!!!!!!!!

01-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Chris W.

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i w/Sport Package

What's Going on With My Lights!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to start another topic on this. But this is just weird. I have a 2006 330i with sports package and xenon adaptive headlights. I got a warning light indictating that an exterior bulb was out. I was getting some scratches repaired at a body shop and just asked them to check it out. I was told one of the angel eye rings was out and they said the entire headlight had to be replaced at a cost of $1200.00. I declined and looked myself, sure enough the angel eye around the passenger side high beam was out. Then I flipped the high beams on and neither high beam came on. I've just been driving it and the warning light comes on each time I start up. Then today the warning light for gas came on and I filled it up. Upon restarting engine the warning light for the exterior light did not come on. When I got home I checked and the angel eye around high beam passenger side was now working but the high beams still do not come on and I'm not getting a warning light. The low beams do get brighter when I switch the brights on. Am I'm missing something here?

Should I just replace the high beam bulbs and if so does anyone have a good DIY. Thanks.
      01-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
Dominus
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 Bmw 328i w/ XDrive

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [5.00]
with the xenons your highs and lows are the same bulb. what you are thinking as your highs are probably turning lights. if the angel eye to one headlight are out you can try replacing the bulb. if only one ring on one headlight is out then look at it from a lower straight on angle, if still out it could be a wire in the way. all else, the ring may be broken somewhere and the whole light either needs replaced or fixed by someone like OSS.
Dominus is offline   United_States
      01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
AllBlackBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2008 328i E90

If you have a weak battery, BMWs are known for "shutting things down" to save power...

when my battery was going out, my radio, airbag light, and other odd electronic oddities were acting funny for the 3-4 weeks leading up to a battery change.

Just a thought.