E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Turn signals flashing

03-08-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
johnson47376
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 ///M

Turn signals flashing

I took my car out for a spin tonight, its about 40 degrees out. I let the car warm up as usual and my turn signals blink twice to let me know my engine oil temp is over 160( I have JB4 running ISO5.3 ). I let the car get too about 200 degrees, I turned traction control off and did a few spirited pulls here and there. About 5 seconds after a hard pull to 5500rpm , I noticed my turn signals flashed twice just as they do when the oil is just reaching 160 degrees. I did a few more pulls... nothing. Then as I was cruising about 55mph, they flashed twice again. Then again as I was coming to a stop sign they flashed twice and did it once more just after some normal/ spirited acceleration. I didn't come close to redline so I know it wasn't my "shift lights." which are set at 6700rpm. I searched the forums couldn't find an answer. Sorry if this has been answered before.
Anyway, I'm running 50/50 mix of e85/93 Octane on map 5. Sig has all my mods. Car seems to be running fine, but want to make sure. Traction in 1st, 2nd and 3rd are an issue especially in this cold weather.
Pure Stg2 Turbo/ Pure inlet/ GFB DV /Fuel-it Stg2 LPFP/BMS intake/ JB4 ISO BMS BEF/AR Design DP/ ER CP/Wagner FMIC/ Wavetrac LSD/BMW PE/ KW Street Comfort / MusicarNW Level Two Audio Upgrade/CDV delete/3000K HID Fogs/ N20 plugs/ JB4 BT Rev3
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
leousm
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson47376 View Post
I took my car out for a spin tonight, its about 40 degrees out. I let the car warm up as usual and my turn signals blink twice to let me know my engine oil temp is over 160( I have JB4 running ISO5.3 ). I let the car get too about 200 degrees, I turned traction control off and did a few spirited pulls here and there. About 5 seconds after a hard pull to 5500rpm , I noticed my turn signals flashed twice just as they do when the oil is just reaching 160 degrees. I did a few more pulls... nothing. Then as I was cruising about 55mph, they flashed twice again. Then again as I was coming to a stop sign they flashed twice and did it once more just after some normal/ spirited acceleration. I didn't come close to redline so I know it wasn't my "shift lights." which are set at 6700rpm. I searched the forums couldn't find an answer. Sorry if this has been answered before.
Anyway, I'm running 50/50 mix of e85/93 Octane on map 5. Sig has all my mods. Car seems to be running fine, but want to make sure. Traction in 1st, 2nd and 3rd are an issue especially in this cold weather.
You can turn off the oil gauge hijack (leaving the blinker warning on) and just see what your actual temps are. That may help you troubleshoot. Do you have a low temp thermostat by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
johnson47376
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by leousm View Post
You can turn off the oil gauge hijack (leaving the blinker warning on) and just see what your actual temps are. That may help you troubleshoot. Do you have a low temp thermostat by any chance?
I didn't have the temp gauge hijacked when this occurred, so it was showing my oil temps and they were around 240 F. I'm wondering if my JB4 has a loose connection to power somewhere and is cutting out for a split second. Anytime I shut the car down then restart it back it and the oil temps are still above 160F the JB4 will flash the hazards twice. But I would figure if the JB4 was turning on and off I would have the car running weird. The weather is rainy and cold so its going to be a garage queen for a few days at least. I think I'm going to shut off the "WarmUp Flash" and see if I get it again. Maybe my JB4 was mad that I wasn't flooring it enough like " hey, you're above 160F, time to play...why are you letting off?!
And to answer you question; I have an OEM thermostat.
Pure Stg2 Turbo/ Pure inlet/ GFB DV /Fuel-it Stg2 LPFP/BMS intake/ JB4 ISO BMS BEF/AR Design DP/ ER CP/Wagner FMIC/ Wavetrac LSD/BMW PE/ KW Street Comfort / MusicarNW Level Two Audio Upgrade/CDV delete/3000K HID Fogs/ N20 plugs/ JB4 BT Rev3
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 04:16 AM   #4
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
Double check all the connections in the dme box and ground, take your time with that.. I think you might be right about it turning off briefly , I know that sometimes when you change maps or turn it off than back on (map 0) it does the flasher warm signal when you turn it back on (any other map besides 0) so it makes sense the power connection is lose? Maybe the 50 amp who knows but if I were you I wouldn't just turn off the warm up signal because if your jb4 keep turning off on it's own best to solve that! Update us
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
asutrave
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewe92 View Post
Double check all the connections in the dme box and ground, take your time with that.. I think you might be right about it turning off briefly , I know that sometimes when you change maps or turn it off than back on (map 0) it does the flasher warm signal when you turn it back on (any other map besides 0) so it makes sense the power connection is lose? Maybe the 50 amp who knows but if I were you I wouldn't just turn off the warm up signal because if your jb4 keep turning off on it's own best to solve that! Update us
Any update? I'm having similar issues. No ces light for anything else
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #6
weehe126
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asutrave View Post
Any update? I'm having similar issues. No ces light for anything else
Check the power wire, ground and CAN wires. The JB4 is resetting when you see this.
Appreciate 1