Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > -328xi WHEEL SPACERS-???

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

01-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #23
SpeedBuggy
Comfortably Numb

Drives: 06 e90 330i & 06 e90 325i

try this link.................
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755443

06 e90 325i /Jet Black/Black Leatherette/Steptronic/Cold Weather Package/Style 197's
SpeedBuggy is offline   United_States
      01-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
WOT Bimmer
Lieutenant

Drives: BMW

Sorry for the slow response... Busy busy busy.

Below are the requested pics of the 20mm spacers on the rear wheels of my 328xi. I still have the stock 156 wheels. (No comments about the dirty car. I'm fixing that tomorrow. )

01-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #25
BmerMeUp
First Lieutenant

Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

To comment back on the op topic: Staggering an xi affects the track and turning radius numbers of the individual axles, not the diameter of the tires themselves. Track width may affect over/under steer (also due to tire contact patch), but not likely noticeable for the average driver.

All tires on an xi must share a diameter within less than 1% of each other or as was described earlier and experienced by other forum members first hand, your awd system will start freaking out every time you touch the gas. The effect is often described as, "a loud clunking noise" as the awd tries to compensates for what it perceives as weird slippage. So it doesn't matter if you have 16" or 20" wheels - as long as the wheel+tire height of ALL FOUR is within 1% of each other, you should be fine (if the wheels even fit your wheel well of course..ha). Changing the WIDTH of a rim however will also change the HEIGHT (diameter) of a tire, so be sure to consider all the bits. Every 0.5" of rim width changes same-size tire height by 0.2"...which, coincidentally, is about 1% of a wheel+tire diameter up to 19".

Use the wheel/tire calculator and talk to a pro installer, but you can stagger an xi as long as the overall diameter of ALL wheels+tires is the same (up to about 1%), regardless of their width.

Disclaimer: I'm no pro, this is all gleaned over time from much reading in here and elsewhere...
BmerMeUp is offline   Canada
      01-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #26
mashimarho
BMW Genius

Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™

Garage List
Staggering your wheels will not mess anything up. Worst case is, rear will wear out much faster than the front. The rotation needs to be in sync.

Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
mashimarho is offline   United_States
      01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #27
curtisk70

Drives: 2007 e90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer328 View Post
Sorry for the slow response... Busy busy busy.

Below are the requested pics of the 20mm spacers on the rear wheels of my 328xi. I still have the stock 156 wheels. (No comments about the dirty car. I'm fixing that tomorrow. )

Cool- thanks.
      06-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #28
Greenie1
Private

Drives: 2006 325xi

325xi 12mm Front / 25mm Rear

I just installed 12mm / 25mm on my xi. This was a square set same offset as stock. I know it doesn't address staggering but I thought I would share!
Attached Images