E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > M3 vs M Tech



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
aram0492
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: '05 330i,'07 335i,'09 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

M3 vs M Tech

Hey everyone. I got rear ended about a week ago and the other party is paying for the repairs. I was thinking of upgrading to the m tech rear. I found the bumper for $500. Also I want to upgrade my front at once. I wanted to do the m3 front. What do you think? Will it not match as one is m3 one is mtech? I would've done m3 rear as well, but i just wont do the quad exhaust setup on a 328. Let me know what you think. Does anyone have any pics of it? Also if I do choose this setup, should I get the m3 side skirts or the mtech?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
7
Rep
710
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (2)

Which ever floats your boat ..... All m3 with a mech tech rear is sort of trying ...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
Nossic
Private
Nossic's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90 330xi
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

I was hit in a parking lot some time last week, so I don't even know who the culprit is... So, essentially, you and I are in very similar situations.

My plan is to get the M3 front, and Mtech rear. I'll prolly leave my side skirts alone for the time being... I personally like the look of the Mtech rear more than the M3. And the M3 > Mtech for the front... Doesnt really matter if they dont match cause Since you wont see both sides at the same time lol!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
aram0492
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: '05 330i,'07 335i,'09 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nossic View Post
I was hit in a parking lot some time last week, so I don't even know who the culprit is... So, essentially, you and I are in very similar situations.

My plan is to get the M3 front, and Mtech rear. I'll prolly leave my side skirts alone for the time being... I personally like the look of the Mtech rear more than the M3. And the M3 > Mtech for the front... Doesnt really matter if they dont match cause Since you wont see both sides at the same time lol!
You wont be seeing both sides at the same time, but its just kinda eh. I prefer m3 front and mtech rear. not to mention the m3 front is only $280 where as the mtech would be 500. I'm stuck.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
ForgedDistributing
Lieutenant
ForgedDistributing's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: FBO N55 >:)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida/Michigan

iTrader: (3)

Plenty have the M3 front and M-tech rear. It is a common set-up that looks great. Go for it! Whatever floats your boat. Don't let others judge your decision.
__________________

PH: (616) 914-6677 FAX: (305) 255-5446
Contact me for exclusive forum and wholesale pricing!
Email: Sean@Forgeddistributing.com
Site: http://www.forgeddistributing.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
incantana
Captain
incantana's Avatar
13
Rep
644
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg 330i; 08 Yam R6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aram0492 View Post
Hey everyone. I got rear ended about a week ago and the other party is paying for the repairs. I was thinking of upgrading to the m tech rear. I found the bumper for $500. Also I want to upgrade my front at once. I wanted to do the m3 front. What do you think? Will it not match as one is m3 one is mtech? I would've done m3 rear as well, but i just wont do the quad exhaust setup on a 328. Let me know what you think. Does anyone have any pics of it? Also if I do choose this setup, should I get the m3 side skirts or the mtech?
I have the m3 front bumper, m3 side skirts, and mtech rear. looks fantastic. the point of using these bumpers is to improve the look of the car. it is NOT to make it look like an m3. that would be poser. so if the m3 front looks the best while the mtech rear is the best of the rear options, theres no problem in mixing them up. here are some pics of mine:

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
incantana
Captain
incantana's Avatar
13
Rep
644
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg 330i; 08 Yam R6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (3)

Also, the replica m3 rear bumper is actually the coupe bumper made to fit the non-m sedan. The real m3 sedan rear bumper looks much different than the replica. It just doesnt look right on the sedan. Yet another reason why I chose to go mtech for the rear.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
Nossic
Private
Nossic's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90 330xi
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
I have the m3 front bumper, m3 side skirts, and mtech rear. looks fantastic. the point of using these bumpers is to improve the look of the car. it is NOT to make it look like an m3. that would be poser. so if the m3 front looks the best while the mtech rear is the best of the rear options, theres no problem in mixing them up. here are some pics of mine:

Looks sick, I'm gonna love mine when I do mine up.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #9
marshall834
Lieutenant
marshall834's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
400
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
I have the m3 front bumper, m3 side skirts, and mtech rear. looks fantastic. the point of using these bumpers is to improve the look of the car. it is NOT to make it look like an m3. that would be poser. so if the m3 front looks the best while the mtech rear is the best of the rear options, theres no problem in mixing them up. here are some pics of mine:

Beautiful car. Also have a TiAg E90 - are those Hyper Silver V710s?

OP - I like the look of the mixed front/rear. Go for it!
__________________
E90 TiAG 335i |6 MT | JB4 | BMS DCI | LUX 5.0

Past:
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
incantana
Captain
incantana's Avatar
13
Rep
644
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg 330i; 08 Yam R6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post
Beautiful car. Also have a TiAg E90 - are those Hyper Silver V710s?

OP - I like the look of the mixed front/rear. Go for it!
these are VMR hyper silver VB3 wheels 18"
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #11
z4ps
Lieutenant
z4ps's Avatar
5
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: F32 M4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (13)

M-tech, Can't go wrong with OEM quality and Fitment.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #12
aram0492
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: '05 330i,'07 335i,'09 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedDistributing View Post
Plenty have the M3 front and M-tech rear. It is a common set-up that looks great. Go for it! Whatever floats your boat. Don't let others judge your decision.
Thanks... I will be doing it after all. just have to wait to get an estimate and receive my checks.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #13
aram0492
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: '05 330i,'07 335i,'09 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
I have the m3 front bumper, m3 side skirts, and mtech rear. looks fantastic. the point of using these bumpers is to improve the look of the car. it is NOT to make it look like an m3. that would be poser. so if the m3 front looks the best while the mtech rear is the best of the rear options, theres no problem in mixing them up. here are some pics of mine:

Clean car... Love the way it looks. I will also probably get the pre-lci oem xenon headlights if I am able to do the conversion. Thanks for the pics... they helped a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #14
fatgrandma
Lieutenant
fatgrandma's Avatar
Austria
12
Rep
591
Posts

 
Drives: E90 320d
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Linz

iTrader: (0)

I went the M-Tech front and rear route because I love the overall looks of it. Plus you get guaranteed 100% fitment since it's OEM. But I guess it's a very individual question so do whatever floats your boat. I don't see a problem in having a M3 front and M-Tech rear.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST