E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > seat position at startup/shutdown.....

08-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
miker2013
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 335i xdrive coupe

seat position at startup/shutdown.....

hi guys

pls bear with me, still learning all the tricks of my 2013 e92 335xi coupe

one thing I am having a hard time with is the seat.... I do not have comfort access in the car... as I am shorter in stature, the front seat is quite a bit fwd.... this is a problem when I open the car to get in as I find the position a tad awkward to get into the car

my question is, can I set it up that the seat goes all the way back when I exit the vehicle and stays there till I am ready to start the car?

i have not used the memory settings in the seat yet so i am sure i could program 1 to be my settings and 2 to be all the way back but i wanted to see if there was another way

thanks

Last edited by miker2013; 08-26-2013 at 11:32 AM.
      08-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant

Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
What's an e95?

On my '08 e90 I can set this using the stalk options as I don't have iDrive. Not sure if you have iDrive, but I would assume you could set it either through that or the stalk on a '13 MY.
Titanium3er is offline   United_States
      08-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
miker2013
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3er View Post
What's an e95?

On my '08 e90 I can set this using the stalk options as I don't have iDrive. Not sure if you have iDrive, but I would assume you could set it either through that or the stalk on a '13 MY.
sorry, typo is fixed

I do have I drive.... I thought there was an option on idrive for seat position but I haven't found it yet... gonna look again in the manual

thanks
      08-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker2013
sorry, typo is fixed

I do have I drive.... I thought there was an option on idrive for seat position but I haven't found it yet... gonna look again in the manual

thanks
No problem. I'm sorry also. I think I gave you incorrect info.

After looking into it further, this may not be an option unless you code it in. Maybe other members can confirm. I had a bunch of stuff coded when I first got the car (digital speedo, seat belt chime, some others) and I think that's why mine does it.

I did read a workaround that you can set M1 to your memory setting and M2 to seat back position. You would then press M2 when getting out and M1 should be brought up when you get in and start the car. This wouldn't be an option if someone else uses the car.

GL
      08-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
miker2013
Second Lieutenant

Quote:

After looking into it further, this may not be an option unless you code it in. Maybe other members can confirm. I had a bunch of stuff coded when I first got the car (digital speedo, seat belt chime, some others) and I think that's why mine does it.

I did read a workaround that you can set M1 to your memory setting and M2 to seat back position. You would then press M2 when getting out and M1 should be brought up when you get in and start the car. This wouldn't be an option if someone else uses the car.

GL
thx... that sounds very usable for me, the M1/M2 setup... i am the only driver of this car btw

once i get fully used to the car in a few months, then i will start adjusting the coding to my liking
      08-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
1chanc3
Captain

Drives: 2010 e92 335i

There are no options that allow you to do this.
      08-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
wepio
Private

Drives: 2009 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:

GL
I've been trying to find the code to enable 'entry/exit assist', having the seat slide back when the car is off. Do you know which module it is located in? Or where I can find the information?

Thanks.
      08-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wepio
I've been trying to find the code to enable 'entry/exit assist', having the seat slide back when the car is off. Do you know which module it is located in? Or where I can find the information?

Thanks.
Wish I could help, but I had a guy do it for me about two years ago. Don't even know how to contact him now.

I asked for a couple specific things and he did some others that he thought would be helpful. I don't have any experience coding myself.