E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 330i Front Damage

03-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
chuffykow
United_States

Drives: '06 E90 330i

Question E90 330i Front Damage

I'm a bit of a lurker, but I wanted to get a bit of advice. I hit a pheasant last week (or as my insurance agent called it, a 'peasant') while out for a late night drive. I ended up getting a ton of spider-web cracks all on the passenger side of the bumper cover. After getting a quote to simply repaint the front bumper cover, I started consider a new, sportier one.

I have a 2006 E90 330i with the Sport package with effectively no external modifications. I've tried to determine what front bumpers are available for my car AND what they look like. The pictures on the various BMW mod sites aren't entirely clear; since they list two different models on a page, with a single picture. Can anybody outline the difference between the M-Tech and the M-Sport front bumpers for my car, and possibly point me to pictures of them?

From what I can gather, I need a pre-LCI bumper with no PDC, are there any 100% clear pictures of the options out there with source links to where I can buy them? I like the looks of a few bumpers I've seen, others look like something out of a street racing movie ...If this isn't the right forum for this, sorry!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
E90Company
Major General
No_Country

Drives: Car

You have a Pre-LCI E90, so you are going to need a Pre-LCI front bumper. M-Tech and M-Sport are the same thing, they just call it M-Sport now.

Pre-LCI M-Tech/M-Sport front. OEM bumper on an otherwise stock car.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
chuffykow
United_States

Drives: '06 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You have a Pre-LCI E90, so you are going to need a Pre-LCI front bumper. M-Tech and M-Sport are the same thing, they just call it M-Sport now.

Pre-LCI M-Tech/M-Sport front. OEM bumper on an otherwise stock car.

Excellent, thanks! Is there anything else I need to purchase, or do I literally just need the bumper?

I'm looking at roughly $1200 ($600 paint + install, $600 for the bumper) then to have a new one painted / installed on my car -- does that sound about right to people?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
E90Company
Major General
No_Country

Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuffykow View Post
Excellent, thanks! Is there anything else I need to purchase, or do I literally just need the bumper?

I'm looking at roughly $1200 ($600 paint + install, $600 for the bumper) then to have a new one painted / installed on my car -- does that sound about right to people?
You need the bumper cover, lower grills and fogs, as well as the fender liners and possibly ducting for the OEM front kit.

Bumper price depends on what kind of deal you can get and if you go rep or OEM. Paint/install varies by shop. I got my rear bumper painted and installed with OEM paint at the dealer for $400
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada

Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
You can also consider converting to LCI hood & Msport bumper for LCI
It has been a popular mod lately

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0