E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Shoud I reduce my expectation ?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #23
Smooth 330i
Major
Smooth 330i's Avatar
17
Rep
1,056
Posts

 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenk View Post
Yes he does have the records, all maintenance done at dealership. I would like to spend max 750$ / year on maintenance. 2007, yes old iDrive, 2009 E92 are in a completly different price range here ... (30K$) but still IMO old iDrive still better than no iDrive at all.

My first always been the 328xi, but I have to be reasonable ... i will never buy if I don't settle on this, I'm now considering 328i and 335i / xi. But yea milleage is high .....

I think I will pass
I have rear folding seats on my e90 and I love them. It is so easy to load gear for track, wheels, skis, xmas tree, you name it. I never realized how much I would use them. It's amazing what you can fit.
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #24
Frenk
Captain
Canada
10
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: e92 328i X-Drive M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Québec

iTrader: (0)

Oh god help me ! I think I will buy an E92 without iDrive ......... Will I regret it ?

All the maintenance information (brake pads sensor, engine information malfunction....) are they available on non iDrive 3series ?? In the dash ?

Which function is only available on iDrive and cannot be coded ?

If nothing is exclusive on iDrive, i might pass ..... its really hard to find an e92 with idrive here in canada ........
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #25
index1489
Colonel
index1489's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,116
Posts

 
Drives: Out of warranty BMW
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (7)

E92 is just another average 2 door car, E90 (especially M3) is an outstanding sedan and more special.
__________________
Gotta pay to play.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #26
diaz92376
Second Lieutenant
diaz92376's Avatar
2
Rep
263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So Cal I.E

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenk View Post
Oh god help me ! I think I will buy an E92 without iDrive ......... Will I regret it ?

All the maintenance information (brake pads sensor, engine information malfunction....) are they available on non iDrive 3series ?? In the dash ?

Which function is only available on iDrive and cannot be coded ?

If nothing is exclusive on iDrive, i might pass ..... its really hard to find an e92 with idrive here in canada ........
My e90 has idrive but all the maintenance info can been displayed on the dash also with a push of a button. Idrive was a must when buying my d, always changed the stereos on my past cars with indash which is something i didnt want to do this time around.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #27
bender rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
27
Rep
1,600
Posts

 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

09 idrives suck.. they pretty much have nothing...

I have one you are better off retrofitting a newer in dash computer for 600 dollars than getting idrive which adds a ton to the cost.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #28
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
4,597
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
I thought the e92's looked sportier until I noticed the e90's fenders are way more flared also the e92 is about 3 inches longer than the e90 so the e90 handels better (also the e90 has a B pillar so it's more stable around corners). But the e90's require a lot more mods to make it look boss..well at least for pre-lci (those orange reflectors and the tails I had to change..that was just me because I got tired of the LED blacklines..OG blacklines are a lot nicer). But then again I'm a sedan guy and I'm biased..the e92 looks like a fish lol sorry. I LOVE a lot of the e92s here though not hating..like mashimarho, SDe92nIT, jm3as, etc. But sedan for me 8 days out of the week lol good luck with you're choice and just don't settle!!! the right car will find to you!!
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #29
boris
Борис
boris's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
456
Posts

 
Drives: e92 n54 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallseafishie
Don't settle. Get what you want. It's cheaper in the end and you'll be happier longer.
Best advice in this thread.
__________________
07 SG 335i
COBB - Burger Motorsports -Ultimate Racing - Evolution Racewerks - TiAL- AMS

In Winter Mode - Dunlop Wintersport 3D/Sport Edition Wheels
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #30
Borisimo
Private First Class
Borisimo's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I prefer the E90 look, combines sport and luxury. Don't settle, it took me 6 month to find mine, and its exactly what I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #31
xzibit a
Captain
9
Rep
628
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (1)

4 DOORS 4 MOAR WHORES


thats my motto anyway. i perfer the E90s , im a sedan kinda guy though. and i cant stand the e92 rear end, i just hate the way it looks.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
Vegetable
Lieutenant
Vegetable's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
516
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
I thought the e92's looked sportier until I noticed the e90's fenders are way more flared also the e92 is about 3 inches longer than the e90 so the e90 handels better (also the e90 has a B pillar so it's more stable around corners). But the e90's require a lot more mods to make it look boss..well at least for pre-lci (those orange reflectors and the tails I had to change..that was just me because I got tired of the LED blacklines..OG blacklines are a lot nicer). But then again I'm a sedan guy and I'm biased..the e92 looks like a fish lol sorry. I LOVE a lot of the e92s here though not hating..like mashimarho, SDe92nIT, jm3as, etc. But sedan for me 8 days out of the week lol good luck with you're choice and just don't settle!!! the right car will find to you!!
You are delusional... But then again you are admittedly biased towards the looks of a sedan. As for handling.. your claim that the e90 handles better because it is shorter is nothing more than cause and effect 3rd grade logic .. I could argue that the e90 is taller and heavier than the e92, and therefore it doesn't handle as well.. but I won't, because in the real world both the e90 and e92 handle very similarly, regardless of their dimensions.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #33
Carl64
Private
Carl64's Avatar
0
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

iTrader: (1)

I was originally looking for a coupe as well. Ended up test driving a sedan (as coupes with 6MT are impossible to find) and loved it. I actually love the two extra doors - even though the back is really tiny still. If I had to do it all over again I would get a sedan.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #34
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
4,597
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
You are delusional... But then again you are admittedly biased towards the looks of a sedan. As for handling.. your claim that the e90 handles better because it is shorter is nothing more than cause and effect 3rd grade logic .. I could argue that the e90 is taller and heavier than the e92, and therefore it doesn't handle as well.. but I won't, because in the real world both the e90 and e92 handle very similarly, regardless of their dimensions.
You don't have to go on insulting my logic..are you butthurt? You should get some ice or something, little buddy. You should do some research because they're the same weight so you have no argument so you should't have even responded and taller by what? .5 an inch? lol doesn't make up for it being 3 inches longer and the e92 doesn't even have a B pillar. Sorry I insulted your precious fish car and then complimenting it
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #35
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 335i RiP,M3,f10m5 gone, m4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
I agree. Don't settle. Personally, I would never drive the 3 sedan. I really dont like how it looks and all I can think of is the "yuppie" era. To each his own.
love my sedan
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #36
Frenk
Captain
Canada
10
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: e92 328i X-Drive M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Québec

iTrader: (0)

I hope i wont end up buying lexus is
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #37
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 335i RiP,M3,f10m5 gone, m4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenk View Post
I hope i wont end up buying lexus is
I hope you do and try and stoplight race me. You'll trade it in the next day. Just do your HW and with a little luck you'll get a car that could be just as reliable. Don't let all the repair fear mongering and bi*tching that goes on here scare you.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #38
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
4,597
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit a View Post
4 DOORS 4 MOAR WHORES


thats my motto anyway. i perfer the E90s , im a sedan kinda guy though. and i cant stand the e92 rear end, i just hate the way it looks.
That would be a good window sticker..
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST