E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Enhanced Bluetooth phone functionality



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
bigbeemer
Private First Class
bigbeemer's Avatar
8
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: BMW Msport auto
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wrexham

iTrader: (0)

Enhanced Bluetooth phone functionality

Hope you can help me with this one as i cannot find much information about it, but i have just bought a 2010 E92 320d and has lots of extras but says it has Enhanced Bluetooth phone functionality, can anybody tell me what is this extra to the standard Bluetooth option? Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
bigbeemer
Private First Class
bigbeemer's Avatar
8
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: BMW Msport auto
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wrexham

iTrader: (0)

Nobody got any idea???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeemer View Post
Hope you can help me with this one as i cannot find much information about it, but i have just bought a 2010 E92 320d and has lots of extras but says it has Enhanced Bluetooth phone functionality, can anybody tell me what is this extra to the standard Bluetooth option? Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
coopersim
Captain
coopersim's Avatar
United Kingdom
20
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: VW Lupo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berks

iTrader: (2)

Is this the one where you can stream music from your phone over Bluetooth?

Do you have 6FL and the USB socket in the arm rest?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
bigbeemer
Private First Class
bigbeemer's Avatar
8
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: BMW Msport auto
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wrexham

iTrader: (0)

It has USB Socket, but what is a 6FL??

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersim View Post
Is this the one where you can stream music from your phone over Bluetooth?

Do you have 6FL and the USB socket in the arm rest?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
coopersim
Captain
coopersim's Avatar
United Kingdom
20
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: VW Lupo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berks

iTrader: (2)

Just had a look in the BMW configurator, and this is how it describes it:

" Enhanced Bluetooth phone functionality
0.00

Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality includes hands-free equipment, connection for charging and outside aerial."


6FL is the option code for the USB in the arm rest - interestingly BMW don't seem to list the option codes against the descriptions on their site any more.

Looks like what you have is the 'normal' Bluetooth phone kit (Bluetooth connectivity, roof mounted aerial, phone cradle in arm rest)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
bigbeemer
Private First Class
bigbeemer's Avatar
8
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: BMW Msport auto
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wrexham

iTrader: (0)

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersim View Post
Just had a look in the BMW configurator, and this is how it describes it:

" Enhanced Bluetooth phone functionality
0.00

Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality includes hands-free equipment, connection for charging and outside aerial."


6FL is the option code for the USB in the arm rest - interestingly BMW don't seem to list the option codes against the descriptions on their site any more.

Looks like what you have is the 'normal' Bluetooth phone kit (Bluetooth connectivity, roof mounted aerial, phone cradle in arm rest)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
IanS100
Colonel
IanS100's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
2,894
Posts

Drives: 320d LCI M Sport Plus
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Southport UK

iTrader: (0)

At a guess I'd say it applies to cars fired with the ComBox which, as coopersim says, will give you music streaming over Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #8
Mwp4me
Banned
4
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeemer View Post
Hope you can help me with this one as i cannot find much information about it, but i have just bought a 2010 E92 320d and has lots of extras but says it has Enhanced Bluetooth phone functionality, can anybody tell me what is this extra to the standard Bluetooth option? Many thanks in advance.
I think, but please do not quote me, the enhanced bit is that you can use the voice recognition function on the steering wheel to dial numbers so you don't take your hands off the wheel whilst driving.

As I say I think that's what it refers to, however I stand to be corrected.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
coopersim
Captain
coopersim's Avatar
United Kingdom
20
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: VW Lupo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berks

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwp4me View Post
...the enhanced bit is that you can use the voice recognition...
Must be my accent, but the stupid thing always cancels when I say "dial"

Quite infuriating!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
alzieboy
First Lieutenant
alzieboy's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: E350 CDi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Norfolk moved from East London

iTrader: (1)

My Voice dial always worked well, that is untill Coopers Norwich done a software update on the car last NOV and It hasnt worked at all since then, all they do is blame BMW Germany for the software download and say they are waiting for a fix !!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
Mwp4me
Banned
4
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersim View Post
Must be my accent, but the stupid thing always cancels when I say "dial"

Quite infuriating!
The help menu give a list of things you can and cannot say. And it's a woman so you have to obey the RULEs.

Simples




Last edited by Mwp4me; 01-22-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
coopersim
Captain
coopersim's Avatar
United Kingdom
20
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: VW Lupo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berks

iTrader: (2)

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST