E90Post
 


jb4store
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > From E90 320D SE to E92 335D SE



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #45
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
New car looks great. Keep it simple, less is more.
Thanks bud. Yes I want to blacken it out and fit my audio stuff in first. Just annoying with the weather might have to wait a while
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #46
Sparky68
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
82

 
Sparky68's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs


Posts: 3,050
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Once you get it on a run you will see the big differences in fuel economy between the D and i . Around town there doesnt seem to be as big a gap.

Must be a very happy chappy coming from the 320 to the 335d
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #47
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
With the MPG - have a look at the hidden temp to see what you are running temp wise re thernmostats. I tend to get around 30mpg around town plus it being colder my mpg drops.
Ok so i took it for a half hour drive, including 1-2 miles on the M1. The coolant temp (menu 07.00) started around 44c and rose up and settled around 84-87c. What do you think, normal in this weather or should it be higher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
Once you get it on a run you will see the big differences in fuel economy between the D and i . Around town there doesnt seem to be as big a gap.

Must be a very happy chappy coming from the 320 to the 335d
Yes hopefully i should get a chance to do that as soon as the snow goes. Yes extremely happy, still can't stop smiling!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #48
Tyso335
Captain
36

 
Tyso335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K


Posts: 845
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Thanks

I'm trying my best but today was very bad compared to yesterday. Sliding about everywhere! Even in 4th i had to use very light pressure. Ah when's this snow going to go!!!!
i didn't even attempt goin any were not risking anyfin in my car lol
__________________

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #49
PhilM
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
7

 
PhilM's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Leeds. UK


Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Hey Phil,
Yes that comes with the gaitor! Feels so nice! I don't have pics yet as I've not had my car for over 2 weeks now. Was going to pick it up yesterday since my audio has been completed but since it snowed, I have to wait few more days to collect it.
At that price, it's such a nice upgrade!
Where did you buy it from?

It's 85 on eBay bmw direct and it specifically says it doesn't come with the performance gaiter??
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #50
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyso335 View Post
i didn't even attempt goin any were not risking anyfin in my car lol
Yeah looking back it was a bit silly of me
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #51
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
135

 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK


Posts: 4,914
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
Where did you buy it from?

It's 85 on eBay bmw direct and it specifically says it doesn't come with the performance gaiter??
Oh shoot, didn't notice that, sorry!! I bought mine through BMW Cotswold over the phone..
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #52
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
72

 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids


Posts: 1,992
iTrader: (7)

Sam - I bought my tips and fitted by a local exhaust place. I was goignt to go for the CYBA ones but again I hate paying import tax/duty and will try to avoid it.
With the performance gatitor can you PM me how much yours cost?

Mob - its a bit a diififcult to say, take it on a longer mway run to see what the mpg is. If it it only reaching 87 deg max then it is a touch low (but could be due to cold conditions) but nothing to worry about imo. Mine only used to reach max 81-82 degrees and I got around 26-28mpg until I changed both thermostats and hit 91 degrees or thereabouts regardless of weather. I would keep an eye on the temp over the next week or so and see what you get (report back). If it does not get past 75 degrees then I would be looking at replacing both stats.

I take it you have the base stereo like myself? I thought it was ok but I did not have anything else to compare it against - all I know is the maxium depth in the door cards on the e92 is 44mm so quite limited to speaker choices. I have noticed there is more choice in 5" than 4" but not sure how much modification would be required in the door cards.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #53
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Mob - its a bit a diififcult to say, take it on a longer mway run to see what the mpg is. If it it only reaching 87 deg max then it is a touch low (but could be due to cold conditions) but nothing to worry about imo. Mine only used to reach max 81-82 degrees and I got around 26-28mpg until I changed both thermostats and hit 91 degrees or thereabouts regardless of weather. I would keep an eye on the temp over the next week or so and see what you get (report back). If it does not get past 75 degrees then I would be looking at replacing both stats.
Im getting around 20-25 mpg. But thats flooring it in town lol. I think the temp peaked at 87 then settled at 84. I'll keep an eye on it and will hopefully do a long run mid week and will let you know. After you replaced your stats, did you get better MPG?

Quote:
I take it you have the base stereo like myself? I thought it was ok but I did not have anything else to compare it against - all I know is the maxium depth in the door cards on the e92 is 44mm so quite limited to speaker choices. I have noticed there is more choice in 5" than 4" but not sure how much modification would be required in the door cards.
Yes i have the base stereo spec. I shouldn't have a problem fitting the harness and jehnerts, but will need to have a good look at the mids and try and find a way to do it. I'd like to keep the morels if possible.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #54
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
72

 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids


Posts: 1,992
iTrader: (7)

My mpg did increase after I replaced my stats, I replaced the EGR one as its very easy and cheap to do - take it off and if you can blow through it, its knackered. I could blow through mine and replaced it but my temp stayed around 77 degrees and it turned out to be main stat. Bit of a pain to replace bit DIY'able and my mpg improved after that .

DOnt worry for the first few weeks I was flooring it everywhere but then calmed down a bit after that for me coming from a 2.0tdi 140bhp to a 35d it was a big step up in performance and everywhere I drove around with a big grin on my face
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #55
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
My mpg did increase after I replaced my stats, I replaced the EGR one as its very easy and cheap to do - take it off and if you can blow through it, its knackered. I could blow through mine and replaced it but my temp stayed around 77 degrees and it turned out to be main stat. Bit of a pain to replace bit DIY'able and my mpg improved after that .
That's good to know. I'll keep it monitored and will let you know

Quote:
DOnt worry for the first few weeks I was flooring it everywhere but then calmed down a bit after that for me coming from a 2.0tdi 140bhp to a 35d it was a big step up in performance and everywhere I drove around with a big grin on my face
That's pretty much the same here! Probably going to carry on flooring it until i get bored, which i doubt!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #56
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
72

 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids


Posts: 1,992
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
That's good to know. I'll keep it monitored and will let you know



That's pretty much the same here! Probably going to carry on flooring it until i get bored, which i doubt!
You can never get bored of it imo, if you do all i can say is REMAP

iirc you are running on run flats, when/if you cahnge over to non rf it will be night and day difference

i had bridgestone rf on mine when I bought it and it the dry they were ok, very hard ride I add. As soon as the roads were wet they were shocking, Tc light coming on when setting off (maybe i was a bit to heavy footed) but the grip in the wet deteriorated and these still had 4mm tread on them
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #57
Rudz
Major
United Kingdom
29

 
Rudz's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton


Posts: 1,003
iTrader: (2)

I want a 35D , wish I had joined the forums before I bought my car, would've never bought a sedan (no real need for one) nor would it have been a 20D....................
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
You can never get bored of it imo, if you do all i can say is REMAP

iirc you are running on run flats, when/if you cahnge over to non rf it will be night and day difference

i had bridgestone rf on mine when I bought it and it the dry they were ok, very hard ride I add. As soon as the roads were wet they were shocking, Tc light coming on when setting off (maybe i was a bit to heavy footed) but the grip in the wet deteriorated and these still had 4mm tread on them
Yeah to be honest i think i'll be ok and shouldn't get bored. But i have a DTUK CRD-T box which they will reprogram for free. I know its not the same but its basically free (only need the wiring loom).

Yes i've got the potenza RFTs on (7-8mm). I want to sell these to fund contis. Would eBay be my best bet?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #59
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
I want a 35D , wish I had joined the forums before I bought my car, would've never bought a sedan (no real need for one) nor would it have been a 20D....................
I loved my E90 320D. The economy is great and remapped you can beat most cars on the road (well in my case).

Edit: I would like to buy some carbon vinyl to wrap my interior metal trim and front grills. Any idea on how much i'd need and which ones? Also for the inside should i get carbon black with a hint of red, or carbon red? Would carbon red be too much red?

Last edited by mob17; 01-20-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #60
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
72

 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids


Posts: 1,992
iTrader: (7)

Ebay would be the best bet as on here most people go from RF to non RF, only in rare cases where people are handing cars back to dealer and have to put RF back on.

I had RF for best part of 6 months before I made the change so in that time gave them a chance to wear down especially the rears. i ended up selling the fronts on here and put it towards the non RF

I have been thinking about CF wrap vinyl in maroon red - just something a bit different but have not got around to doing it
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #61
Rudz
Major
United Kingdom
29

 
Rudz's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton


Posts: 1,003
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I loved my E90 320D. The economy is great and remapped you can beat most cars on the road (well in my case).

Edit: I would like to buy some carbon vinyl to wrap my interior metal trim and front grills. Any idea on how much i'd need and which ones? Also for the inside should i get carbon black with a hint of red, or carbon red? Would carbon red be too much red?
I bought item no 110693956439 from ebay, it was plenty for an E90

I bought "Black Carbon", would've much preferred another colour, glossy black or graphite
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #62
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Ebay would be the best bet as on here most people go from RF to non RF, only in rare cases where people are handing cars back to dealer and have to put RF back on.

I had RF for best part of 6 months before I made the change so in that time gave them a chance to wear down especially the rears. i ended up selling the fronts on here and put it towards the non RF

I have been thinking about CF wrap vinyl in maroon red - just something a bit different but have not got around to doing it
Yeah i think you're right. I'll probably put them on eBay in a few days.

Just need to decide what colour to get the wrap. Also can't decide if i should get CF kidney grills or black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
I bought item no 110693956439 from ebay, it was plenty for an E90

I bought "Black Carbon", would've much preferred another colour, glossy black or graphite
How do you go about wrapping the long trim panel accross the dash without getting overlap. You'd have to use one continous length of wrap right?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #63
Rudz
Major
United Kingdom
29

 
Rudz's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton


Posts: 1,003
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Yeah i think you're right. I'll probably put them on eBay in a few days.

Just need to decide what colour to get the wrap. Also can't decide if i should get CF kidney grills or black



How do you go about wrapping the long trim panel accross the dash without getting overlap. You'd have to use one continous length of wrap right?
60 x 200 is long enough to get a continuous length for the dash trim panel mate, reverse -> place the trim on the wrap -> Mark up -> Cut

The dash trim is a bit of pig to remove, you'll have to be patient whilst disconnecting the hazard/DCT connections.

Start off with the door handle trims, these are the easiest to do, followed by the dash trim (the air vents/start button require patience) followed by the center console, I've not done this bit yet, will get to it when the weather improves

You'll need a trim pry tool (such as 120926112492) / good hair dryer / sharp blade for the job..
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #64
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Cheers rudz

Should i stick with 3M for the wrap?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #65
Rudz
Major
United Kingdom
29

 
Rudz's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton


Posts: 1,003
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Cheers rudz

Should i stick with 3M for the wrap?
3M Di NOC is recommended mate, I paid about 30 quid delivered for it, the seller's bumped up the price, almost double now
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #66
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
123

 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK


Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
3M Di NOC is recommended mate, I paid about 30 quid delivered for it, the seller's bumped up the price, almost double now
to the seller!

Ok will try and get some soon and keep you updated.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST