E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > From E90 320D SE to E92 335D SE



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #67
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Guys, shall i wrap my grills with CF or go black? Then should i do the same for the window trim?

I am also thinking about getting the tips awbimmer kindly recommended, but on top of that i want a boot lip (i like the aggressive look of P5UMLs) and a dual m-tech carbon diffuser (from the same sellor of the tips). What should i do first?
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #68
briers
Ben
 
briers's Avatar
 
Drives: XFR
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midlands,UK

Posts: 1,966
iTrader: (0)

Lovely car mob, glad you are enjoying the change.

I think temps are fine, egr stat might be a bit loose. This might get progressively worse over the next 10-15k but easily fixed. I wouldn't worry for now.

Look forward to seeing the mods, love the look of the aero front lip.
briers is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #69
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
Lovely car mob, glad you are enjoying the change.

I think temps are fine, egr stat might be a bit loose. This might get progressively worse over the next 10-15k but easily fixed. I wouldn't worry for now.

Look forward to seeing the mods, love the look of the aero front lip.
Thanks bud I just wish it wasn't so snowy!

I'll monitor the temp but its good to know that at least one of the stats is easy to replace. But its hard to get a good run to get a reliable mpg figure at the moment because there is so much snow on the roads
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #70
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Guys, shall i wrap my grills with CF or go black? Then should i do the same for the window trim?

I am also thinking about getting the tips awbimmer kindly recommended, but on top of that i want a boot lip (i like the aggressive look of P5UMLs) and a dual m-tech carbon diffuser (from the same sellor of the tips). What should i do first?
That’s a tough one Mo and as you know very subjective. If you go CF, you’ll then want to CF your interior, maybe mirror caps, part of your perf diffuser, door grips, boot lid (M3 or Performannce one), part aero front lip / splitter, new roundels etc etc…

CYBA provides tips in diff finishes and I went for Chrome since I am aiming for a super clean look. Other options of the tips include a sexy Black finish, Chrome with blue finished tips (like a burnt finish), alum brushed finish and of course the chrome ones you see on my thread.

Do you have an end picture of what you want your car to look like? The way I have gone about doing this is seeing as many Silver ones around, taking ideas and putting them to practice with a slightly diff touch.

CF is def a great call if you have the patience of wrapping the interior trim and all the other bits n bobs…. My ONLY reservation with that is that it may not go hand in hand with the red interior since IMO, there might just be a bit much going on in-side the car.
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #71
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Less is more Mob.

Performance grills from BMW or BMMiniparts
Performance diffuser from BMW or BMMiniparts (body colour - coded)
M3 lip spoiler from where ever (lots of options,Teddy does a good one)
Cyba tips as per Sam's (Gorgeous)
Either wrap the window trims,or get them sprayed at the same time as getting the lip spoiler and diffuser done.

OEM look,subtle and aggressive,all rolled into one - job-jobbed
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #72
Ibinco
Second Lieutenant
 
Ibinco's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Posts: 291
iTrader: (29)

Great looking ride!!! Enjoy! Post pics of all your mods
Ibinco is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #73
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Less is more Mob.

Performance grills from BMW or BMMiniparts
Performance diffuser from BMW or BMMiniparts (body colour - coded)
M3 lip spoiler from where ever (lots of options,Teddy does a good one)
Cyba tips as per Sam's (Gorgeous)
Either wrap the window trims,or get them sprayed at the same time as getting the lip spoiler and diffuser done.

OEM look,subtle and aggressive,all rolled into one - job-jobbed
This +1
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #74
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Less is more Mob.

Performance grills from BMW or BMMiniparts
Performance diffuser from BMW or BMMiniparts (body colour - coded)
M3 lip spoiler from where ever (lots of options,Teddy does a good one)
Cyba tips as per Sam's (Gorgeous)
Either wrap the window trims,or get them sprayed at the same time as getting the lip spoiler and diffuser done.

OEM look,subtle and aggressive,all rolled into one - job-jobbed
I do agree with you and awbimmer, did want to keep it subtle initially. Think i got a bit excited this morning lol. But i see what you guys are saying.

I'd like the end product to be a black/red theme. So i guess CF is out if the question. I'd like to spray/wrap the interior/exterior trims & the grills in gloss black. Would it look good using plastidip's gloss black? Or is wrapping a must?

Definitely want those tips they are lovely. But i cant decide between those and the blue "burnt" ones he also has. Regarding the lip spoiler i think i'll go with the more subtle one, the one awbimmer recommended.

For the BMW perf diffuser, i have seen it for £263 on their website. Is it available cheaper anywhere else or is that the only option?
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #75
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibinco View Post
Great looking ride!!! Enjoy! Post pics of all your mods
Thanks, I can't wait to put your paddleshifters on!
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #76
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Oh and guys, you may not approve, but im thinking of getting my DTUK CRD-T box reprogrammed (free) for the 335D. Andrew said he got 339hp and 700nm of torque! Just need to pay for the new wiring loom. I know remaps are better but this is a fraction of the price. I'm going to wait until the snow clears and until i can swap my tyres though.

This isn't a silly move is it, to go with a box for a bit?

Another update. Went on a 40min drive (tried to stay in but not happening!) and my mpg rose from 20 to 24.5mpg. I didn't reset it so i think it may have been higher. Also the temp was still running at 84-87c.
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #77
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (3)

RE: Performance Diffuser, if you actually quote the part numbers separately, it actually works out cheaper.. see my thread towards the 2nd to last page or last page for more info

Re tips.. blue burnt finish would look really cool, I think that's what Hotcoupe had on his at the time!
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #78
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Mob,

Performance diffuser from www.bmminiparts.com
51 12 2158792 Trim, diffuser HP, primed top £66.23 +VAT/delivery
51 12 2158793 Trim, diffuser HP, bottom £25.86 +VAT/delivery



Stick your reg no,and email address into the link below,fire it off,and you'll get a quote back,which you can then order from (I've put the part no's in)

http://www.bmminiparts.com/PriceFinder.aspx

Performance grills

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BM...item2578fae96c

Get the credit card ready,it's going to get messy
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Last edited by Hotcoupe; 01-21-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #79
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Burnt blue tips from Cyba,adapted to fit my the exhaust (on the left,in both pics)







__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #80
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (3)

Damn son - that looks the tits!! You were doin it BIG! You're making me want to call up my installer and telling him to get everything on and done in 1 hit!!

Anywho's, Mob - there's your answer! The Perf Diffuser would look really cool on your darker coloured cars plus at that price above, it's a wrap! Those tips... instant YES!
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #81
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Yeah that looks really good!

It is getting messy lol. Just sent payment for some piano black steering wheel and handbrake covers. and my paddle shifters have literally just arrived!! Want to send payment for the blue tips. Then after that i want to blacken the window trims, grills and interior trim. Would plastidip gloss black be ok? Then after this i will probably go for that perf diff hotcoupe posted. How would i go about getting it painted to match my car? Then boot lip then aero lip.

But all in good time
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #82
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Cyba's the man for tips

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281932

Never used Plastidip,so can't really comment,but for me it would have to be OEM finish.

Find a good local bodyshop,or ask your local dealer who they use,then go direct,NOT via the dealer.

It would work out cheaper to get as much done in one hit,having individual pieces done at any one time will work out more expensive.
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #83
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Cyba's the man for tips

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281932

Never used Plastidip,so can't really comment,but for me it would have to be OEM finish.

Find a good local bodyshop,or ask your local dealer who they use,then go direct,NOT via the dealer.

It would work out cheaper to get as much done in one hit,having individual pieces done at any one time will work out more expensive.
Hmmm i think you're right, don't really want the interior to look tacky with plastidip. I'll try and find a bodyshop through the dealer

SO here's my first ever mod to this car!! A rubbish picture but the left paddle has a - and the right one has a +. Real solid OEM feel to them. So much more natural shifting this way. You just hold the steering wheel as normal and you have each paddle next to your fingers waiting to be pushed!

mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #84
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Quick update.

Did a long ish run today. From Northampton to Bletchley (MK) via the M1. I reset the mpg on the M1, set the cruise to 70, and to my delight the mpg settled at roughly 47mpg! Once i got off it was all dual carriageways and roundabouts for about 6 miles. The mpg went down to 44 ish. This was me driving like a granny. Also i won't mention what mpg i got on the way back. Lets just say i couldn't resist

So i guess this means that the 20-24mpg i've had in the last few days was due to town driving and the nature of my driving. I'll still hold judgement until the snow clears but it's a bit lower than what i was expecting. Maybe i need to replace my egr stat?

Regarding the temperature it went up to 90c for the first time today but not for long. Still settled at 87c.
__________________
2008 E92 335D SE
2010 E90 320D SE
1994 E36 318I SE
1996 E36 316I SE
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #85
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (3)

47!!! Wow... I've never had more than 39-40mpg on mine! Sounds like you're all set now!!
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #86
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
47!!! Wow... I've never had more than 39-40mpg on mine! Sounds like you're all set now!!
Well that was cruise set on 70 lol. And only from the Northampton junction to MK. I'm hoping when i go London next it will be similar

Just annoying i can't get 30-35 when thrashing it like you do
__________________
2008 E92 335D SE
2010 E90 320D SE
1994 E36 318I SE
1996 E36 316I SE
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #87
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids

Posts: 1,975
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Quick update.

Did a long ish run today. From Northampton to Bletchley (MK) via the M1. I reset the mpg on the M1, set the cruise to 70, and to my delight the mpg settled at roughly 47mpg! Once i got off it was all dual carriageways and roundabouts for about 6 miles. The mpg went down to 44 ish. This was me driving like a granny. Also i won't mention what mpg i got on the way back. Lets just say i couldn't resist

So i guess this means that the 20-24mpg i've had in the last few days was due to town driving and the nature of my driving. I'll still hold judgement until the snow clears but it's a bit lower than what i was expecting. Maybe i need to replace my egr stat?

Regarding the temperature it went up to 90c for the first time today but not for long. Still settled at 87c.
Wow I have never had mine at 47 mpg - how slow was you going
The highest I ever had mine was 42mpg and that was a constant 72mph speed. For a lng stretch on the M6 for good 20 miles I was doing 50mph and got 64MPG hehe

The engine temp sounds fine at the moment I would not worry too much it when you start seeing it drop below 77 degrees you should be concerned.

At the moment i am doing a lot of tow driving and seeing around 30mpg which takng into account cold temp seems to be the norm
mistryn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #88
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Wow I have never had mine at 47 mpg - how slow was you going
The highest I ever had mine was 42mpg and that was a constant 72mph speed. For a lng stretch on the M6 for good 20 miles I was doing 50mph and got 64MPG hehe

The engine temp sounds fine at the moment I would not worry too much it when you start seeing it drop below 77 degrees you should be concerned.

At the moment i am doing a lot of tow driving and seeing around 30mpg which takng into account cold temp seems to be the norm
See thats what i don't understand now I can get 47mpg @ 70mph (cruise control) on the M1 but in town it drops hard to 25, 20 when pushing it. Any ideas?

I will be travelling to Leicester on Thursday so should get a longer run.
__________________
2008 E92 335D SE
2010 E90 320D SE
1994 E36 318I SE
1996 E36 316I SE
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST