E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > another wheel fitment question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
6
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

another wheel fitment question

What are the odds of getting some 19 x 10 et 19 rears and 19 x 9.5 et21 wheels to fit an lci e90?

Cheers, Andy
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
FRG530
Lieutenant
FRG530's Avatar
United Kingdom
6
Rep
545
Posts

 
Drives: F10 530d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: east midlands

iTrader: (1)

Thats pretty agressive for an E90. I've stuck the rears in the calculator here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

8.5 x 18 ET34 255/35/18 rears vs 10 x 19 ET19 265/30/19 rears (I think standard rears are 34, maybe 37). The clearance is 4mm less on the strut side (no problem) but they'll stick out an extra 34mm over standard, that's quite a lot.

Pop the question on the American side of the forum, there'll be someone on there running 10" rears I'm sure

EDIT: this may help: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797793
__________________

Last edited by FRG530; 01-31-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
6
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRG View Post
Thats pretty agressive for an E90. I've stuck the rears in the calculator here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

8.5 x 18 ET34 255/35/18 rears vs 10 x 19 ET19 265/30/19 rears (I think standard rears are 34, maybe 37). The clearance is 4mm less on the strut side (no problem) but they'll stick out an extra 34mm over standard, that's quite a lot.

Pop the question on the American side of the forum, there'll be someone on there running 10" rears I'm sure

EDIT: this may help: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797793
Cheers mate I am running 19 x 9.5 et35's on the rear with 265/35/19's and tbh there doesn't appear to a great deal more room.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
Hotcoupe
Major General
Hotcoupe's Avatar
United Kingdom
70
Rep
6,105
Posts

 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPANDY View Post
What are the odds of getting some 19 x 10 et 19 rears and 19 x 9.5 et21 wheels to fit an lci e90?

Cheers, Andy
You wouldn't get a bookie to give any odds whatsoever,even if the car was a 4x4 and the tyres didn't rub, the wheels/tyres would sit so far out of the arches it would not be a legal mod.
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
pretendporsche
Private
pretendporsche's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche 964 C2, 2005 E90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South England

iTrader: (0)

Should fit ok.

I am running the style 95's which i think are 9.5x19 and 10x19 et24, 225/35/19 and 265/30/19 and i am considering a spacer on the rears, arches are rolled and im not that low.

*Mine is a pre lci - read somewhere that makes a difference, not so sure myself though i really dont see how as the body shape remained the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Phil325i
Major
Phil325i's Avatar
United Kingdom
14
Rep
1,181
Posts

 
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK South East

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendporsche View Post
*Mine is a pre lci - read somewhere that makes a difference, not so sure myself though i really dont see how as the body shape remained the same.
The track was widened on LCI models. One easy way to tell a non-LCI model is how the rear wheels are set sunk into the arches more than the LCI model.
__________________
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
pretendporsche
Private
pretendporsche's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche 964 C2, 2005 E90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
The track was widened on LCI models. One easy way to tell a non-LCI model is how the rear wheels are set sunk into the arches more than the LCI model.
There we go. So scrap my advise, and wait for someone with an lci to pipe up!!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST