E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Painting front bumper

04-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
tennis_pr0
Captain

Drives: 2--7 BMW 335i coupe

Painting front bumper

So I want to get my front bumper repainted, but I have been getting quotes of 600. I got this quote from two different places. There is a very small size hole in the bottom part of it, but other than that I just want it repainted. Is 600 dollars a reasonable price?
Attached Images

04-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
BRGmatthew
Bausman

Drives: around the block

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_pr0 View Post
So I want to get my front bumper repainted, but I have been getting quotes of 600. I got this quote from two different places. There is a very small size hole in the bottom part of it, but other than that I just want it repainted. Is 600 dollars a reasonable price?
didnt you already have a thread about this before? Your quotes are expensive because it's not just a simple spray, the have to make the hole bigger and patch it up, then match the paint, then they have to respray your WHOLE bumper, you cant just paint that one spot because the paint wont match. On top your of your bumper, they have to blend your bumper to your hood and your fenders. Goodluck
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
      04-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew View Post
didnt you already have a thread about this before? Your quotes are expensive because it's not just a simple spray, the have to make the hole bigger and patch it up, then match the paint, then they have to respray your WHOLE bumper, you cant just paint that one spot because the paint wont match. On top your of your bumper, they have to blend your bumper to your hood and your fenders. Goodluck
It IS true that they're saying $600 because they need to redo the whole thing. And that IS a pretty typical price, although I think a BMW dealer will do a full front bumper for $500 or maybe even $400 (don't remember), so it's on the high side.

But you can get away with spot painting. You just have to be careful to feather your paint job into the rest of the bumper so as not to make hard lines. This.
      04-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
BRGmatthew
Bausman

Drives: around the block

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
It IS true that they're saying $600 because they need to redo the whole thing. And that IS a pretty typical price, although I think a BMW dealer will do a full front bumper for $500 or maybe even $400 (don't remember), so it's on the high side.

But you can get away with spot painting. You just have to be careful to feather your paint job into the rest of the bumper so as not to make hard lines. This.
he doesnt live in california, like we do, where the prices are competitive due to the number of body shops there are. I can get my front bumper repainted at DTM for $300 LOL
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
      04-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew View Post
he doesnt live in california, like we do, where the prices are competitive due to the number of body shops there are. I can get my front bumper repainted at DTM for $300 LOL
Ahh that makes sense. Yeah, I suppose I don't have any other frames of reference.

I'd be dubious of $300, though, at least I'd ask some questions first. There's a WRONG way to paint cars, too
      04-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
JunkStory
Major

Drives: naked.

Get a front lip to cover that up or just DIY touch up paint. No one is going to notice it down there anyways.