E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Opinions needed for used 2009 335xi premium



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
overkill1125
Captain
 
overkill1125's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 622
iTrader: (4)

Opinions needed for used 2009 335xi premium

I just wanted to know if this is a good price for a 2009 335xi with premium package in manual with 73K KM Space Grey. The car is not CPO and was thinking of maybe going to BMW and buying the extended warranty if possible.

$25K + taxes.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
After phone call.
Final price with taxes and fees $31500.
I'm just very hesitant about the fact that the car has no warranty at all.
Not sure how much BMW will charge for extended warranty.

If I add the cost of the warranty, the cost will be pretty much similar to what a CPO car go for at the dealer.

The problem is that I only have till tomorrow to decide.
overkill1125 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
MOAB
Major
 
MOAB's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche & BMW
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
I just wanted to know if this is a good price for a 2009 335xi with premium package in manual with 73K KM Space Grey. The car is not CPO and was thinking of maybe going to BMW and buying the extended warranty if possible.

$25K + taxes.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
After phone call.
Final price with taxes and fees $31500.
I'm just very hesitant about the fact that the car has no warranty at all.
Not sure how much BMW will charge for extended warranty.

If I add the cost of the warranty, the cost will be pretty much similar to what a CPO car go for at the dealer.

The problem is that I only have till tomorrow to decide.
$25K seems fair to me. How do you get from $25K to $31,500? (all in)? What else are you paying in addition to HST?
__________________
March-November - '09 C4S (PDK, Akrapovic)
December-February - '00 323 (only mod - snow tires)
MOAB is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
overkill1125
Captain
 
overkill1125's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 622
iTrader: (4)

Acually the car is $26000 + Quebec Taxes + Repairs on scratched driver seat = $31500
I might be able to get it for $31000 all in.
overkill1125 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
demontwinz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 433
iTrader: (0)

$26 000 is good price. isnt' it $ 29 000 all in? with $2500 extra why dont' you just buy brand new Recardo seats?
__________________
demontwinz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
Zebra99
Colonel
 
Zebra99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is E93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 2,166
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Maintenance wise I wouldn't worry. These cars are pretty solid and you have e tended warranty on turbos and fuel pump anyways.

I bought mine without the extended warranty and am glad I did. $3k isn't worth it to me - used that on mods and regular maintenance and runs like a beast!
Zebra99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
Wolf 335
Lieutenant
 
Wolf 335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA

Posts: 470
iTrader: (0)

Certified Pre Owned is a bunch of bull

Not all CPO are actually Certified series.
Wolf 335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
bwco
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

That's not a good deal if you asked me. I have seen 2009 335xi CPO with 40k going for $30k at dealer, I would definitely throw out the extra coins for a lower mileage and cleaner car. This is from Vancouver though
bwco is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #8
overkill1125
Captain
 
overkill1125's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 622
iTrader: (4)

So I decided to pass on that one.

I now have found a 2009 335xi in manual with M package space grey with 45K KM for $27K+taxes. Don't have more info since I don't have the carfax report yet.
New car warranty ends July 2013 and extended warranty will cost $3450 for 3yrs/60K or $4485 for 4yrs/80K on top of asking price.

How does this sound? Should I seek extended warranty from third party insurance companies?

I believe extended warranty is not the same as CPO warranty.

Please let me know.
Thanks!
overkill1125 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
demontwinz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 433
iTrader: (0)

skip the third party and put towards upkeep and maintenance.

zebra how did you get warranty on turbo's in Canada????
__________________
demontwinz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post
Maintenance wise I wouldn't worry. These cars are pretty solid and you have e tended warranty on turbos and fuel pump anyways.
Wow...you must have gotten lucky. I bailed out as soona s I got a chance.
I bought mine without the extended warranty and am glad I did. $3k isn't worth it to me - used that on mods and regular maintenance and runs like a beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
So I decided to pass on that one.

I now have found a 2009 335xi in manual with M package space grey with 45K KM for $27K+taxes. Don't have more info since I don't have the carfax report yet.
New car warranty ends July 2013 and extended warranty will cost $3450 for 3yrs/60K or $4485 for 4yrs/80K on top of asking price.

How does this sound? Should I seek extended warranty from third party insurance companies?

I believe extended warranty is not the same as CPO warranty.

Please let me know.
Thanks!
You NEED warranty. BMW did injectors&plugs, hvac fan, steering hose(twice) rack and pump and radio all under warranty within 500 kms of expiration. What do you think that would have cost me? These are all common problems that almost all 08-10 335s have. Did hpfp too. Its warranteed but have fun when youre stranded. Suspension just started creaking badly too. I would NEVER touch one of these things without warranty. Many others here will agree.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
d-burn
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
You NEED warranty. BMW did injectors&plugs, hvac fan, steering hose(twice) rack and pump and radio all under warranty within 500 kms of expiration. What do you think that would have cost me? These are all common problems that almost all 08-10 335s have. Did hpfp too. Its warranteed but have fun when youre stranded. Suspension just started creaking badly too. I would NEVER touch one of these things without warranty. Many others here will agree.
How did you get all of those things done at the same time within 500km's? Did you bring it in and say "go over this bad-boy with a fine toothed comb and replace everything possible"? Just don't see all of those things going all at the same time?
d-burn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
 
e90sexion's Avatar
 
Drives: like old times
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA

Posts: 6,087
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
So I decided to pass on that one.

I now have found a 2009 335xi in manual with M package space grey with 45K KM for $27K+taxes. Don't have more info since I don't have the carfax report yet.
New car warranty ends July 2013 and extended warranty will cost $3450 for 3yrs/60K or $4485 for 4yrs/80K on top of asking price.

How does this sound? Should I seek extended warranty from third party insurance companies?

I believe extended warranty is not the same as CPO warranty.

Please let me know.
Thanks!
too good price nav included? no accident?
__________________
RPI | H&R | 2008 e86 M coupe
KW | VOLK TE37SL | RECARO | PE - 2008 e92 335xi
e90sexion is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
overkill1125
Captain
 
overkill1125's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 622
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion View Post


too good price nav included? no accident?
No nav, don't know if any accidents. The guy is in Florida and will only be back in feb. will know more by then.
overkill1125 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
kavadarci
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 556
iTrader: (0)

i did the same what you are trying to do. DON'T DO IT.
if the car has no warranty = RUN.
these cars are prone to problems (where do i start - turbos, hpfp, electrical gremlins, leaks, etc etc etc) and things will fail.
repairs are massive.
don't do it.
buy another one.
kavadarci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #15
Evochuck
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi 09
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal

Posts: 232
iTrader: (2)

Thats a realy good price, esp if you already have the m pack, although seems like all cars coming for the states are vga so watch for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
So I decided to pass on that one.

I now have found a 2009 335xi in manual with M package space grey with 45K KM for $27K+taxes. Don't have more info since I don't have the carfax report yet.
New car warranty ends July 2013 and extended warranty will cost $3450 for 3yrs/60K or $4485 for 4yrs/80K on top of asking price.

How does this sound? Should I seek extended warranty from third party insurance companies?

I believe extended warranty is not the same as CPO warranty.

Please let me know.
Thanks!
Evochuck is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #16
ASPEC135i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: sideways always
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: location, location

Posts: 409
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-burn View Post
How did you get all of those things done at the same time within 500km's? Did you bring it in and say "go over this bad-boy with a fine toothed comb and replace everything possible"? Just don't see all of those things going all at the same time?

+1. Curious to know as well.
ASPEC135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
overkill1125
Captain
 
overkill1125's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 622
iTrader: (4)

I knew it was too good to be true. Upon verification, the car is a vga rebuilt. It has 6 previous accident reports.

Decided to pass on that.
overkill1125 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
overkill1125
Captain
 
overkill1125's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 622
iTrader: (4)

Here's my most recent finding:

2011 CPO 328xi with sport package with only 20K KM.
Jet Black in manual. Asking for $32900 + both taxes.

Any good?
overkill1125 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-burn View Post
How did you get all of those things done at the same time within 500km's? Did you bring it in and say "go over this bad-boy with a fine toothed comb and replace everything possible"? Just don't see all of those things going all at the same time?
They didnt ALL go within 500. Last 3 injectors (couldnt drive car) , hvac fan and radio all in last 500kms. The steering started at about 70,000 kms . They started fixing it at 75ish and finished at or just beyond warranty. Took about 4 visits and about 10-15 days at the dealer.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
Here's my most recent finding:

2011 CPO 328xi with sport package with only 20K KM.
Jet Black in manual. Asking for $32900 + both taxes.

Any good?
Better mileage and the 328 lasts longer with fewer problems I think.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST