E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Combox Issues - Help

07-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
hz_diesel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335ix

Combox Issues - Help

So my car sat for a little bit while it was being worked on and we noticed that the radio stopped working, then we realized all of the audio noises stopped working. We identified that it was the combox dying on us, so I've since then replaced it with another unit which apparently also did not work when I plugged it in. Initially I thought I bought a bad unit of ebay and contacted the seller who sent me a replacement, once again this unit also did not work. I then though that maybe it would have to be coded to my car? Can't communicate with the any of the comboxes, its like the car does not recognize that it is there. I don't have any audio at all and when I do the mostbus bypass my radio works.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
hz_diesel
Major
Rep

up

battery is new and good, amp is good as well, and red light on fiber optic cable.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 01:39 AM   #3
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
-Amp fuse.
-open MOST connection somewhere.
-dead amp

When you plug in to a laptop do all modules answer if you were to try and read them?
      07-23-2017, 11:05 PM   #4
hz_diesel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
-Amp fuse.
-dead amp

When you plug in to a laptop do all modules answer if you were to try and read them?
Any chance you know which amp fuse it would be for the n55?

When I plug it to the laptop I am missing the tree for the mostbus which is weird...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 11:54 PM   #5
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_diesel View Post
Quote:
-Amp fuse.
-dead amp

Any chance you know which amp fuse it would be for the n55?

When I plug it to the laptop I am missing the tree for the mostbus which is weird...
If you open your glove box....remove the little swing shock on the left by pulling out the pin......turn the two knobs on the glovebox back wall....the whole back wall can be removed.....the fuse box is behind it......in all cars there is a fuse box legend folded up. It will tell you "AMP" and which #fuse. I do not know offhand. Do you have NCSExpert, INPA or WinKFP?
      07-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #6
hz_diesel
Major
Rep

Quote:
If you open your glove box....remove the little swing shock on the left by pulling out the pin......turn the two knobs on the glovebox back wall....the whole back wall can be removed.....the fuse box is behind it......in all cars there is a fuse box legend folded up. It will tell you "AMP" and which #fuse. I do not know offhand. Do you have NCSExpert, INPA or WinKFP?
Yeah I was looking at that but it isn't as straight forward as I hoped. I tried using inpa and rheingold. I'm on vacation but I'll definitely check the fuses when I get home.
Appreciate 0