You are looking at a very well cared for and VERY Fast and Extremely clean
2003 SL55 AMG Roadster commissioned as a custom full build by Chris J. of Floored Fabrication
commissioned by me and done in Arizona at his shop. This car is flawless inside and out, it has a custom clear bra, top of the line Llumar Ceramic tint, no nicks, scratches. or dings at all
. Paint is in flawless condition. The car is Diamond Silver Metallic with charcoal leather interior and maple burled wood inserts
and comes with Mercedes all weather floormats. It has heated seats, auto sensor wipers, uses the new MB series keys (the chrome ones like the new cars have...not the old black ones), dual zone climate control, all the electronic power adjustable options on the seats, HID lighting and daytime running lights, and all the standard AMG features (bigger brakes, supercharged hand built engine etc..etc..).
The car has low miles (approx 7K per year since new) currently 67K miles but runs better than cars with much lower miles, all fluids serviced, dampers and ABC suspension in great shape, no SBC brake problems, Top works perfectly, new battery installed. Engine oil changed every 3.5K miles with Mobil 1 and BG MOA and 44K treatment applied at each oil change, all fluids synthetic, trans has been flushed properly, chassis bushings, control arms, joints, and sleeves properly lubricated at intervals. I am extremely meticulous and knowledgeable about the R230 cars, I've owned 2, an SL500 and this SL55 AMG.
I am 36 years old, a professional and a car enthusiast; I've owned several different cars from each German marquee at one point or another. I bought this car from it's orig. owner who only kept it for a few years before I purchased it on a trade in almost new at the time, I have an unlimited mileage Chrysler Service Contract (CSC) extended full coverage warranty through April 2014 which is 100% transferable to the new owner and comes with the car. The car is runs perfectly and you have the peace of mind of the best warranty out there for these cars which you can no longer get for AMG cars.
The car is clean inside and out, clear title, No accidents, full records and service history included and a folder with each and every receipt, work history
, everything I am a meticulous record keeper. Car also comes with original owners manual and related material.
Now for what separates my car from almost every other SL55 AMG
you will see out there. This is the ONLY complete Chris Jannach of Floored Fab full build, he had the car in his shop in Arizona for the entire time it took him to do the build and it was so meticulous he told me he is not likely to ever do it again - a real one of a kind - NO EXPENSE was spared on this build
, the following are some of what has been done to this car:
- True Long tube custom floored fab headers by Chris... custom mid section x-pipe and full exhaust w/ test pipes and with 200 Cel cat pipes also if you need to bolt those on... this is all Jet hot coated inside and out
- custom intake tanks, runners and y-pipe (this intake is a one off part designed and fabricated by Chris, it is hand made out of aluminum then coated, it's a 3 piece part crafted by Chris, no other one like it anywhere
- Custom 82mm Throttle body with CNC machined bored S/C sleeve
- ASP custom (and very rare) 185mm Pulley
- dual I/C pumps, Front mount Heat exchanger and trunk mounted Remote Reservoir seperated cooling cicuit for Supercharger...custom setup by Chris with the tank under the trunk devider for easy access, the cooling loop ensures that the charger is operating effectively without ever getting into heat soak
- quife LSD
- MBArt toe link kit
- MBArt custom Adjustable Camber arms
- High performance BMC air filters
- SDS ride height adjusted and properly set up with the toe links and camber arms
- OE tuning engine management performance tune, done by Jeremy and ties the entire build together, the car really benefits from this tremendously and Jeremy is the best out there as many know from the cars he has tuned and their performance.
- comes with dyno charts - 509.2 hp/ 589.6 lb-ft TQ on Jeremy's Dyno Dynamics tuning dyno in California
which reads approx. 20% lower than dynojet (equivalent numbers are 611.04 hp/ 727.52 Tq) AT THE REAR WHEELS!!!
- all new injectors done during the build
- High performance spark plugs per Chris' spec in the car as well.
- custom Single slat grille
Asking $41,900 USD o.b.o for the car
as it comes with factory wheels and tires ....or it can be purchased with CCW 19" 505a wheels and wider 19" 245/295 tires
(for an additional $3,000). Toyos are practically new and wheels are in excellent shape, no damage dents, curb rash or scratches.
You can also choose to get the new/never used CCW drag pak 16" rear with MT Street Drag Radials
also available for additional cost ($2000). Wheels and tires.
This car is the ultimate SL55 AMG, looks factory on the inside and outside, but built with no expense spared
(over $25K invested including all parts, hardware, extras, and services), so I really put a lot into this car!
This car faster than any other SL55 AMG or SL65 AMG for that matter (with exception to a couple of other hand built extensive projects out there which inspired me to commission Chris to do my build - essentially my car was built to be the sister car to Sal's SL55 AMG on the west coast, and you know how fast that car is!), the car is an absolute beast even stock it did a 12.03 115
mph on street tires (my sig below) that's before it went to Chris at Floored Fab!Chris built this car to run 10.xx and have the drivability of a daily driver, those two main goals were my objective in this build,
I wanted to make the ultimate understated yet immensely powerful SL55 AMG. A car that can do a 10.xx pass at the drag strip then drop the top and go out for a nice dinner in the evening, then take it to work the next day!
Several members can vouch for this car and this build
, guys like Chiromikey and Alan (one of the fastest if not the fastest E55 around), Benz-O-Rama (Clayton), Ahmad (Blackbenz), Jay (Absolutelydriven), guys over at ACGSD, Charlie, Chris of Floored Fabrications, Jeremy of OE Tuning, and more. A lot of these guys helped along the way.
I'm only selling because I just purchased another car and need to make room in the garage, otherwise I would keep this car for sure
. Please contact me for price options, details, and more pictures. firstname.lastname@example.org
or (202) 641 - 8211
Thank you very much for taking a look at my ad, I hope if you are looking for what I think is the ultimate SL55 AMG out there, you consider this unique and one of a kind example. I look forward to your inquiries, comments, questions, and finding the right owner who will appreciate this car, and all that I have worked on with it, and cherish her like I have. Serious inquiries only.
Here is a full set of pictures: Mercedes SL55 AMG For Sale - a set on Flickr