E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > So I got pulled over today



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
14
Rep
854
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (6)

So I got pulled over today

Driving very nicely 42 in a 40 cars passing me going 55+ cop sitting in a parking lot up ahead unmarked unit. Cars drive past him so do I . He comes flying out lights on I laugh thinking he's getting the people speeding until he gets behind me. Seriously why? Walks up to my car tells me to roll up the window halfway puts the tint meter on, walks towards the front of my car, checks my tires then checks the backs. Other officer checks the other side tires they go back to car. Come back with 2 tint tickets, one for front windows one for my little rear coupe windows like you have to be effing kidding 2 tickets? I ask why he was checking out my tires. He replies Im a traffic cop and I can check anything about your car I want and I suggest you don't ask any questions if you want to drive away from here. Me having worked on cars and at a shop state that I know the NYSI requirements and if he also carries a tire gauge in his car. Explains he stops cars for bald tires all the time, he gets quite pissed and hands me my tickets and I drive away.

I can't believe he passes up on speeding tickets to pull me over. And being able to check anything on my car good luck. Maybe I have cat-less downpipes go crawl under and take a look. And why 2 tickets I have been pulled over before and only got one ticket. Someone needed to fill a quota today.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
N55
Major
United_States
14
Rep
1,221
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335IS E92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Lol. Pulls over cars with bald tires all the time.

Cop douchebaggery level 10.
__________________
2008 335xi E90 Alpine White - Sold - 8/19/10 > 2011 335xi E90 Jet Black - Sold - 6/27/12 > 2012 335IS E92 Crimson Red - Current

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
SilverII
Colonel
United_States
28
Rep
2,336
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335IS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [4.83]
drive safe
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Speedwagon
First Lieutenant
Speedwagon's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
366
Posts

 
Drives: Sportwagon
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

What tint level do you have?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
53
Rep
1,592
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

wtf?

was it NYSP?

anything darker than factory is illegal in NYS. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
Meeni
Gateropode
Meeni's Avatar
24
Rep
1,884
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330i 06
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

2 tickets for the same thing ? Strange. Should probably go to court, you'll pay only one.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,209
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Go to court and fight the tickets. Cop will most likely not show and you can state your case to the Judge. If your lucky and don't get a douche Judge then your tickets will probably get thrown. Worst that could happen is you get the fee cut down or taken away altogether and only have to get a signature from a Cop. Good Luck!
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
JuppiOne
Captain
7
Rep
691
Posts

 
Drives: everyone crazy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MO

iTrader: (4)

i do notice traffic cops like to "show off" their "authorities", once i stopped and patiently waiting for a funeral processing to pass, out of no where, this traffic cops start get off his bike and come over to me and start yelling at me to stop? really, i am not moving, wtf?

anyway, at least its not a moving violation, but still so sorry man.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #9
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
45
Rep
3,378
Posts

 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
2 tickets for the same thing ? Strange. Should probably go to court, you'll pay only one.
They are not the same thing. but id still go to court.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
AddictedToBavarian's Avatar
Portugal
38
Rep
2,762
Posts

 
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 View Post
Lol. Pulls over cars with bald tires all the time.

Cop douchebaggery level 10.
Winner of the douchebag olympics. Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
14
Rep
854
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
wtf?

was it NYSP?

anything darker than factory is illegal in NYS. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.
I know this i have gotten pulled over before but never got my tires checked or 2 tickets for tint.

I wish it was NYSP I have my Get of of jail free card, this guy wouldn't even look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
2 tickets for the same thing ? Strange. Should probably go to court, you'll pay only one.
#1 Rear side windows non/transparent
#2 Sidewings/sidewindows/non/transparent

Not going to court getting it "removed" and the papers signed off on. Not a big deal just a hassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
What tint level do you have?
20%, im almost ready to change to 35% like my old car the black interior really makes it darker

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 View Post
Lol. Pulls over cars with bald tires all the time.

Cop douchebaggery level 10.
Right on!

i really need to get a doctors note for the tint

Last edited by e92oholic; 10-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Wow they can hit you up twice for having tint? That sucks.

You need tint bad enough to get a Dr to lie for you?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
StabPreflop
Private First Class
1
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Worthless parasites.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #14
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
13
Rep
925
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (2)

Wow, Im a family of cops, and man that guys a douche.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #15
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
14
Rep
854
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyguy View Post
Wow, Im a family of cops, and man that guys a douche.
If your a family in cops in tampa you most likely know my cousin. Bazarte Bail Bonds
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
13
Rep
925
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60oholic View Post
If your a family in cops in tampa you most likely know my cousin. Bazarte Bail Bonds
Pasco county.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
Meeni
Gateropode
Meeni's Avatar
24
Rep
1,884
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330i 06
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60oholic View Post
#1 Rear side windows non/transparent
#2 Sidewings/sidewindows/non/transparent
So you have tinted windows, and you received 2 tickets for tinter windows. Why not 6, one per individual window, or per square inch, while we're at it

Quote:
i really need to get a doctors note for the tint, i just feel bad lying to the drs.
I'm not your lawyer, but you should not pull something like that. Varies between states but...

Quote:
Tampering with or fabricating evidence is a Class C felony. If charged, you are facing between three and fifteen years in jail. In addition, the jury may assess a fine not to exceed $10,000. Penalties may also include supervised release and/or probation.
Risk is not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
14
Rep
854
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyguy View Post
Pasco county.
hillsborough/dt
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #19
StevenY.
///M
StevenY.'s Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,758
Posts

 
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60oholic View Post
Driving very nicely 42 in a 40 cars passing me going 55+ cop sitting in a parking lot up ahead unmarked unit. Cars drive past him so do I . He comes flying out lights on I laugh thinking he's getting the people speeding until he gets behind me. Seriously why? Walks up to my car tells me to roll up the window halfway puts the tint meter on, walks towards the front of my car, checks my tires then checks the backs. Other officer checks the other side tires they go back to car. Come back with 2 tint tickets, one for front windows one for my little rear coupe windows like you have to be effing kidding 2 tickets? I ask why he was checking out my tires. He replies Im a traffic cop and I can check anything about your car I want and I suggest you don't ask any questions if you want to drive away from here. Me having worked on cars and at a shop state that I know the NYSI requirements and if he also carries a tire gauge in his car. Explains he stops cars for bald tires all the time, he gets quite pissed and hands me my tickets and I drive away.

I can't believe he passes up on speeding tickets to pull me over. And being able to check anything on my car good luck. Maybe I have cat-less downpipes go crawl under and take a look. And why 2 tickets I have been pulled over before and only got one ticket. Someone needed to fill a quota today.
What a douche bag cop, must have been jealous of you.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
N0OS3
Colonel
N0OS3's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,220
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA

iTrader: (5)

this makes me happy i don't live in NY. ^__^

good luck with handling the tickets
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
BabyrayS2k
Private First Class
BabyrayS2k's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
153
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan Sport Package
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabPreflop View Post
Worthless parasites.
I can't think of a better way to describe them.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
ti8589
Private
0
Rep
75
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW chicago, il

iTrader: (0)

You sound like a child. You broke the law. Quit whining and pay your little fine(s).
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST