E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > (ISSUE RESOLVED) Just got Scammed



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Agree I would go this route. If he lived relatively close here I would kick his ass for you dude
thanks man i appreciate it. but he requested i send the money as a gift rather than goods. so it was a smart move on him and screwed me yet again.
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #24
3002 tii
Major General
 
3002 tii's Avatar
 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 8,102
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Warning to everyone, even if he sent money as product/service, OP would STILL LOSE. Unless your transaction is covered under eBay, Paypal will ALWAYS side with the seller AS LONG AS THEY PROVIDE TRACKING NUMBER. Seller could send a box full of dog poop but if there's a tracking number confirming delivery, seller wins. This is why if you're going to paypal anything, you should ALWAYS use a credit card behind it, preferably Amex where their chargeback program is pretty good. Or the alternative is to have the seller set up an eBay auction and you agree to split the seller fees. I learned this the hard way as well when I received a broken electronic on another forum and Paypal admitted there was nothing they could do.

Bottom line, "buyer protection" = eBay.

Paypal = seller wins everytime if he proves delivery.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
3002 tii is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #25
incantana
Captain
 
incantana's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg 330i; 08 Yam R6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 644
iTrader: (3)

Just saw these new posts. I sent this guy a facetime video of the muffler before he paid. Hes making it seem here like he never saw the exhaust before he bought it. It was a performance exhaust. He received the exhaust, inspected it, and then INSTALLED IT. Then he texted me saying he wasnt satisfied with the sound and because of this he wanted a refund. After I wouldnt give him a refund because his complaint was that he wasnt satisfied with the sound and because he had already welded the exhaust in, he then started changing his story saying that in fact it wasnt a performance exhaust and that I was a fraud. I sent him a performance exhaust and now the guy wants a refund AFTER HE INSTALLED IT. For all I know, this guy is trying to keep my performance exhaust and send me his stock exhaust or he may have damaged the performance exhaust when he had it installed and now wants to send me damaged goods. This guy is being totally dishonest. I texted him before and after the sale. He is claiming here that i wouldnt talk to him after the sale which is ANOTHER LIE. I stopped texting him days after he installed the exhaust calling me a fraud and threatening me. I have the text messages saved and if I need to I will post screen shots which include his phone number. Dont want it to come to that but I will do it. Also, if e90bedi continues to dishonestly smear my name on this forum I will look into any legal action that may be taken to protect my reputation. Libel is a serious offense.

Ive been on here a decent amount of time and ive made many more transactions than my itrader would indicate. this is the first "problem" ive ever encountered on here. Good luck to anyone who tries to sell this guy anything. Expect him to install it and then demand a refund if he isnt "satisfied" with the sound (as if thats your fault). Who knows what will happen if you comply with his demands. I refuse to find out because I'm not going to be the sucker here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
this was my biggest mistake. he requested to do it as a gift.
this is also a lie.


I sent this guy a performance exhaust. I have no idea what he decided to show you, but if he showed you what i sent him you would have seen a performance exhaust. You can talk all day long about how what he is showing is not a performance exhaust but anyone can show somebody an item they have and claim that its the same item that they bought. That however, doesnt make it true. What about the lies he has obviously already made? Such as the fact that I wouldnt text him? Or that he never saw te exhaust before he bought it? I both texted him after the sale and he saw the item before he bought it. There are 2 lies right there that are not up for debate. Name calling is not necessary.

I have nothing else to say on this topic. This guy is trying to scam me and in the process he is trying to destroy the reputation I have earned on this forum.

Last edited by incantana; 01-24-2013 at 05:48 PM.
incantana is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
 
Yodaime's Avatar
 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 3,395
iTrader: (12)

There's a stamp at the bottom. if no stamp means no go. "KICK HIS ASS SEABASS!"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Yodaime is offline   Vietnam
0
      01-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #27
E3r2E9r
Banned
 
Drives: 3 Series
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NE

Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Here ares some facts within this thread:

The OP only showed a random picture of an exhaust in a box. It could be anyone's box and exhaust and it could be a picture from anywhere on the internet.

So the box and exhaust does not prove that it is the one he received from the member.

The OP needs to come up with a lot more substantial evidence to support his story.

I'm not taking sides here I'm just calling things how I see it.

If you want to prove you received the wrong exhaust, take pictures in real time, put your name in the pictures, show us the car it's on. Show us all sides of the exhaust. Show us the box and the tracking information supplied. Then let the member show his side of the story. Does the other member have pictures of the exhaust before he sent it out?
E3r2E9r is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #28
chaz_master
Second Lieutenant
 
chaz_master's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 231
iTrader: (0)

Man oh man. Alarm bells should have been ringing as soon as he asked for the transfer to be paid as a "gift". That's the number 1 rule of paypal transactions IMO.
Sorry that you had to find out the hard way. Hopefully you can find a way of getting the cash back.
chaz_master is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #29
incantana
Captain
 
incantana's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg 330i; 08 Yam R6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3r2E9r View Post
Here ares some facts within this thread:

The OP only showed a random picture of an exhaust in a box. It could be anyone's box and exhaust and it could be a picture from anywhere on the internet.

So the box and exhaust does not prove that it is the one he received from the member.

The OP needs to come up with a lot more substantial evidence to support his story.

I'm not taking sides here I'm just calling things how I see it.

If you want to prove you received the wrong exhaust, take pictures in real time, put your name in the pictures, show us the car it's on. Show us all sides of the exhaust. Show us the box and the tracking information supplied. Then let the member show his side of the story. Does the other member have pictures of the exhaust before he sent it out?
This would be the most reasonable thing to do, however it is still flawed. The problem is that this guy is just going to take pictures of an exhaust and say "see I told you its not a PE exhaust." As I said, anyone can do this. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the exhaust because I wasnt really trying to actively sell it. If you go back and look at the thread where I sold it, I was just replying to his WTB ad. I told him I had the PE and then facetimed with him to shw him all angles of the exhaust. After having seen the FaceTime, he approved and sent me the money via paypal. I immediately sent him the exhaust and he thanked me when he received it and inspected it. Then days later he started texting me accusing me of fraud. I tried to explain to him that I sent him the real deal but he grew increasing hostile at which point i stopped texting him. Now here we are.


This guy is either pissed because he didnt like the sound of the exhaust OR he is trying as hard as he can to scam me out of my money and my exhaust. Who the hell knows what he actually did with my PE exhaust. Maybe he really did install it or maybe he just sold it and is trying to say that whatever exhaust he is taking pics/vids of is what I sent him. Either way this is total BS.

Last edited by incantana; 01-24-2013 at 05:48 PM.
incantana is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #30
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
 
Chris_506's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SCar

Posts: 2,542
iTrader: (13)

On a side note, if you transfer money as "gift" and you in fact sold goods and they can prove it(conversations on these forums and any other means) paypal can take legal action for fraud against the seller and the buyer, fyi. Seen it happen to someone i use to work with, cheating a global e-commerce business of its fees and exposing yourself to situations like these wont end up pretty if. a) you get scammed. b) the company finds out.
__________________
Chris_506 is offline   Costa Rica
0
      01-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
On a side note, if you transfer money as "gift" and you in fact sold goods and they can prove it(conversations on these forums and any other means) paypal can take legal action for fraud against the seller and the buyer, fyi. Seen it happen to someone i use to work with, cheating a global e-commerce business of its fees and exposing yourself to situations like these wont end up pretty if. a) you get scammed. b) the company finds out.
Wow this is an interesting situation.

I am a former e36 guy and ive sold alot of things online and seen my share of disputes. Looking at all the evidence, I dont see how you guys are siding with the OP on this already. As someone else said, he has provided virtually no real evidence other than a random picture.

Also, where does the seller say he sent the money as a gift? I dont see that. And even if he did, apparently the seller showed this guy a video of the exhaust and the OP still bought it. The OP even inspected the thing and had it welded onto his car. Seems as if the OP is either making this up or is extremely negligent.
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
 
Chris_506's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SCar

Posts: 2,542
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
Wow this is an interesting situation.

I am a former e36 guy and ive sold alot of things online and seen my share of disputes. Looking at all the evidence, I dont see how you guys are siding with the OP on this already. As someone else said, he has provided virtually no real evidence other than a random picture.

Also, where does the seller say he sent the money as a gift? I dont see that. And even if he did, apparently the seller showed this guy a video of the exhaust and the OP still bought it. The OP even inspected the thing and had it welded onto his car. Seems as if the OP is either making this up or is extremely negligent.
Quote:
On a side note


Meaning i wasn't referring to this specific situation, but i agree the story sounds weird to begin with. In most situations when you put a part on your car is yours POINT, BLANK, PERIOD no manufacturer/seller will let you return the item used or new so the negligence is indisputably there.

But I've seen weirder shit happen on this world and very gullible people get scammed everyday so i will refrain from taking sides since out of the 3 sides to every story we are only getting 2, at the end of the day it seems like the truth always comes up missing.
__________________
Chris_506 is offline   Costa Rica
0
      01-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #33
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post


Meaning i wasn't referring to this specific situation, but i agree the story sounds weird to begin with. In most situations when you put a part on your car is yours POINT, BLANK, PERIOD no manufacturer/seller will let you return the item used or new so the negligence is indisputably there.

But I've seen weirder shit happen on this world and very gullible people get scammed everyday so i will refrain from taking sides since out of the 3 sides to every story we are only getting 2, at the end of the day it seems like the truth always comes up missing.
Okay i see your point now. Sorry.

In my experience when someone is actually screwed over, they immediately come out swinging with their biggest evidence and its so obvious that they are right that theres no question.

Here, the OP hasnt shown a single bit of real evidence. Also, if you look up the OP's thread history, apparently he bought this muffler nearly a month ago. So he waited weeks without the seller messaging him and now he complains and also offers almost no evidence?

Anyone else find it weird that he is just now trying to make this an issue?
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #34
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
 
Chris_506's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SCar

Posts: 2,542
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
Okay i see your point now. Sorry.

In my experience when someone is actually screwed over, they immediately come out swinging with their biggest evidence and its so obvious that they are right that theres no question.

Here, the OP hasnt shown a single bit of real evidence. Also, if you look up the OP's thread history, apparently he bought this muffler nearly a month ago. So he waited weeks without the seller messaging him and now he complains and also offers almost no evidence?

Anyone else find it weird that he is just now trying to make this an issue?
__________________
Chris_506 is offline   Costa Rica
0
      01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #35
e90Nate
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,562
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
take some pictures of the exhaust installed proving its not bmw performance. otherwise this is just hear say right now
e90Nate is offline   Canada
0
      01-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #36
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
Okay i see your point now. Sorry.

In my experience when someone is actually screwed over, they immediately come out swinging with their biggest evidence and its so obvious that they are right that theres no question.

Here, the OP hasnt shown a single bit of real evidence. Also, if you look up the OP's thread history, apparently he bought this muffler nearly a month ago. So he waited weeks without the seller messaging him and now he complains and also offers almost no evidence?

Anyone else find it weird that he is just now trying to make this an issue?
um no it isnt weird. again im a college student so i had to save up more money again to pay someone to install it for me. I dont see why the fact that i waited this long is suspicious?
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

also i asked incantana to show me records of him buying the performance exhaust. and wow surprise surprise he says he cannot find it. i find that hard to believe. i just took pictures of my car with the exhaust and i will try to upload them now. is there any other PROOF you want?
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #38
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
Just saw these new posts. I sent this guy a facetime video of the muffler before he paid. Hes making it seem here like he never saw the exhaust before he bought it. It was a performance exhaust. He received the exhaust, inspected it, and then INSTALLED IT. Then he texted me saying he wasnt satisfied with the sound and because of this he wanted a refund. After I wouldnt give him a refund because his complaint was that he wasnt satisfied with the sound and because he had already welded the exhaust in, he then started changing his story saying that in fact it wasnt a performance exhaust and that I was a fraud. I sent him a performance exhaust and now the guy wants a refund AFTER HE INSTALLED IT. For all I know, this guy is trying to keep my performance exhaust and send me his stock exhaust or he may have damaged the performance exhaust when he had it installed and now wants to send me damaged goods. This guy is being totally dishonest. I texted him before and after the sale. He is claiming here that i wouldnt talk to him after the sale which is ANOTHER LIE. I stopped texting him days after he installed the exhaust calling me a fraud and threatening me. I have the text messages saved and if I need to I will post screen shots which include his phone number. Dont want it to come to that but I will do it. Also, if e90bedi continues to dishonestly smear my name on this forum I will look into any legal action that may be taken to protect my reputation. Libel is a serious offense.

Ive been on here a decent amount of time and ive made many more transactions than my itrader would indicate. this is the first "problem" ive ever encountered on here. Good luck to anyone who tries to sell this guy anything. Expect him to install it and then demand a refund if he isnt "satisfied" with the sound (as if thats your fault). Who knows what will happen if you comply with his demands. I refuse to find out because I'm not going to be the sucker here.



this is also a lie.


I sent this guy a performance exhaust. I have no idea what he decided to show you, but if he showed you what i sent him you would have seen a performance exhaust. You can talk all day long about how what he is showing is not a performance exhaust but anyone can show somebody an item they have and claim that its the same item that they bought. That however, doesnt make it true. What about the lies he has obviously already made? Such as the fact that I wouldnt text him? Or that he never saw te exhaust before he bought it? I both texted him after the sale and he saw the item before he bought it. There are 2 lies right there that are not up for debate. Name calling is not necessary.

I have nothing else to say on this topic. This guy is trying to scam me and in the process he is trying to destroy the reputation I have earned on this forum.
im lying? yeah ok make all the bullshit you want and make me the bad guy. if you read closer in my first post to start this thread and read closely you see how i said you replied the first few times but then stopped and claimed that i am threatening you. I'm not trying to scam anyone. im being 100% honest and i will put money on that. You know that what you've done is wrong. Sure you showed me a video etc and i said yes, but how do i propose i inspect from video. also when i received it in that box in the picture i didn't know if it was really a performance exhaust or not, i trusted you. when i took it to my shop they even said that it looks fishy. but i still denied what they said and got it installed. And when i started the car it sounded just like STOCK. yeah u say you didn't like the sound of it, because whoever sold it to you scammed you and now your trying to scam someone else. Sure i made a mistake ill admit it, but as a fellow forum member i would expect that you would honor your mistake like i have and atleast refund me some of the money. Not the cost of shipping. Again just the money you made on it, excluding the shipping. Ill be more than happy to take this thread off if you can text me at my number and we can figure this thing out.
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #39
White e92
Lieutenant
 
White e92's Avatar
 
Drives: CLEEEN AW E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 486
iTrader: (3)

I didnt even read all the bs the seller just wrote but im gonna step in and explain what I saw..the buyer is a young college kid who just got his e90 and is trying to mod the car on a budget..he has done some nice one but was looking for a nice exhaust tone..only prob was he didnt know what to look for..yes the seller did show him pics and im sure showed him the exhaust in advance but in reality he didnt know what he was looking at..I saw the exhaust in the box when it first arrived..unfortunatly i did not know he believe it to be a performance exhaust which it CLEARLY was not..i had my e92 which i did plenty too..trust me when I tell you..this kid was scammed and clearly taken advantage of!!!..i dont care what is said after this but its bs and he should get his money back..slick btw having the money sent as a gift..
White e92 is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #40
e90Nate
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,562
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
good luck op hope you get your money back, I remember when i was new to modding as well. hard lesson to learn but hopefully you are reimbursed
e90Nate is offline   Canada
0
      01-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #41
Spensaur
Lieutenant
 
Spensaur's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 529
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Both sides of the story are blatantly claiming the other person is a scammer/fraud.

Obviously someone is straight up lying through their teeth...

I wonder how this turns out

Spensaur is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #42
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
E90bedi
Private First Class

Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

also i asked incantana to show me records of him buying the performance exhaust. and wow surprise surprise he says he cannot find it. i find that hard to believe. i just took pictures of my car with the exhaust and i will try to upload them now. is there any other PROOF you want?
I thought you said he wouldnt text you? Now you say he actually did when you were talking after the sale about the receipt? Which one is it?


And also, just because you put pictures up of a car doesnt prove anything. The seller makes a good point in that he has no idea what you did with the exhaust. Maybe you sold it and didnt keep it?
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #43
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White e92 View Post
I didnt even read all the bs the seller just wrote but im gonna step in and explain what I saw..the buyer is a young college kid who just got his e90 and is trying to mod the car on a budget..he has done some nice one but was looking for a nice exhaust tone..only prob was he didnt know what to look for..yes the seller did show him pics and im sure showed him the exhaust in advance but in reality he didnt know what he was looking at..I saw the exhaust in the box when it first arrived..unfortunatly i did not know he believe it to be a performance exhaust which it CLEARLY was not..i had my e92 which i did plenty too..trust me when I tell you..this kid was scammed and clearly taken advantage of!!!..i dont care what is said after this but its bs and he should get his money back..slick btw having the money sent as a gift..
So let me get this straight.

The buyer wanted a PE but had no idea what it was or really looked like. The buyer then saw a video of it and did no research and paid for it.

Then the seller received it and somehow you were there at the exact moment he received it yet you had no idea that he was expectin it to be a performance exhaust? And you knew he had a regular exhaust and you say you knew this new exhaust was a regular exhaust but you still said nothing to him?

You didnt think it was strange that he was replacing a stock exhaust with a stock exhaust? And you are apparently soo close to the OP that you were literally there when he opened the box but you had no clue he was expecting it to be a PE?

All too strange.

Yeah you're not getting you're money back.

Last edited by Donkey Brolic; 01-25-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #44
rjrankin83
Private
 
rjrankin83's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: fernandina beach fl

Posts: 75
iTrader: (2)

Tough lesson to learn here. Do your research before purchasing something. If you saw the exhaust via FaceTime you could have atleast noticed something wasn't right. A simple Google search would have told you what to look for to check the items authenticity. As it's been said a million times "if it seems too good to be true...it probably is"

Also I'll gift money for cheaper items as the odds of being scammed aren't as high. Anything of value I'll pay the extra fees for the reassurance. As it's been mentioned I don't think Paypal's going to want to do much when go to them and say "so I sent payment for a product as a gift to avoid your fees, now I've been scammed, protect me please?"

Reminds me of how people were dumb enough to send money via Western Union for ebay purchases. By people I mean me. Damn I was stupid when I was 16. Still get sick to my stomach thinking someone got my money and literally sent me nothing


EDIT: not at all taking sides. As it's been said neither side has really given enough evidence to decide who's lying. However the OP is probably out the cash regardless due to sending the money as a gift. For his sake I hope he got the PE exhaust and it just wasn't what he was expecting.
rjrankin83 is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
scam, scammer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST